Status: I'm not finishing this.

Summer Wine

chapter nine

"Is this the first time you've ever cooked in here?" I asked as I rushed around cooking. We were having italian.

"Yep, first time in three years." Ville said from behind me.

I turned around and looked at him, mouth gaping wide.

"You're joking." I said, in pure shock.

He shook his head no.

"Oh my god, Ville!" I said as I turned around to continue stirring the noodles

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind.

"Come on, let's take a break." He whispered in my ear.

"Okay, but I can't be long, the food will burn." I said, letting him pull me away from the kitchen and into the bedroom. He laid down on the bad and patted the empty space beside him. I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest and sighed.

He rubbed my bare legs. I smiled a quiet smile.

"What kind of house did you have in New York?" He asked.

"I had a three bedroom apartment with two bathrooms. It was great." I smiled.

"Wow, it sounds nice, but why did you need three bedrooms?"

I cringed on the inside, this question was cutting it close. I can't hide it from him forever. He needs to know. I took a deep breath...and decided to tell him.

"My friend lives with me, and my son has the other room." I said, then closed my eyes waiting for him to freak out.

"Your what?"

"My son...our son."

I thought his jaw was going to hit the floor. He sat up straight and looked me in the eyes.

He started talking a million miles an hour; "Why didn't you tell me? Is it a boy...or a girl?! What did you name it? Were you alone?"

"One at a time Ville!"

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked slowly.

"I was scared."

"Good lord, Sarah!", He yelled at the top of his lungs "You were scared of everything. People get scared everyday but they don't fly to another country while pregnant because they're scared!"

I felt two inches tall. I just buried my face between my knees and cried. I know it was stupid, but if you've ever been that scared you would understand. You let fear control you, fear will tell you to kill yourself just so that you won't have to deal with it, fear will make it seem 349797 million times worse than it is.

Ville's arms wrapped around me.

"That's why I came back. I couldn't do it by myself any longer. He's growing into a young man and he needs a father." I whispered.

"It's a boy?" He said, something in his voice was so sweet and gentle.

"His name is Issac Hermmani...I gave him your middle name." I said quietly. Ville loosened his grip on me. I looked up at him, I swear I thought I saw tears in his eyes.

"Did you give him my last name?"

I nodded my head.

"Really?"

"Do you remember when you looked at my phone and saw me with that little boy?"

"Yes."

"Well, that's him. He's eight years old, and he's just like you."

He looked at me funny. I laughed, "What?!"

"I don't know what to say or how to feel..."

I smiled, "Do you want to meet him?"

"Of course, I do."

"Well, he's at my parent's house..."

His eyes lit up, "When can I?"

"Right now if you want."

A loud beeping sounded through the air, "Oh my god! The food!" I yelled then raced into the kitchen to find smoke pouring out of the stove.