‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

All I Could Say Was Uh-oh

dade

I burst into my room, not quite calmed down yet. I picked up the closest thing to me and threw it in frustration. It smashed and I fell against the wall, kicking my dresser the hardest I could. I wasn't going to cry, I just wanted to destroy something! I knocked over my bookshelf and realized that maybe Mom and Cat could hear me. I turned my stereo on, blaring the cd all the way. It was just my Building Rome mix cd. I threw a whole bunch of Building Rome songs randomly together for this one. The first song was Urban Life Decay, which always made me feel better for whatever reason.

"So here's an apathetic fool
Another useless social tool
But you can go away-hey
And cancel out another day

Brain cells come few and far between
It's not just what you thought you've seen
Step back before I say
1,2,3,4

So you'll take another break now
But you can't remember how
but you can go away-hey
and cancel out another day

Brain cells come few and far between
It's not just what you thought you've seen
Step back before I say
1,2,3,4

You go away
Cancels out the day"

I sat on my bed, head resting in my hands. My mind was working a mile a minute as I thought about what happened that afternoon, just 10 minutes before. I punched my best friend, my ONLY best friend. Over what? A stupid rumor that's not even true? This is such a middle school drama, I can't believe I punched him over it! I possibly just lost the only friend I have over something as juvenile as gossip.

Why did I care if people thought I was dating Cat anyway? I know it's not true. I hate her, for God's sake. So why do I care?

I groaned and decided it'd be best not to know. I set to work straightening my room up before I changed from my school clothes to my community service clothes. It was just old clothes, an old soccer warm-up t-shirt with a pair of shorts that'd been thrown into the bottom draw of my dresser where all my old clothes went.

I trudged back downstairs and into the car where Cat and Mom waited. I sat down in the front seat and sighed.

My cell phone went off and I glared at Cat through the rear view mirror.

anger issues much, pretty boy?

shut up, ghost. i don't fucking care what you think!

bring it, little boy. I'll beat the hell out of you, just like I did with your girlfriend!

Chloe is NOT my girlfriend. that was a momentary lapse of judgment.

if you say so.

I grumbled under my breath and Mom pulled the car in front of the group of community service volunteers. We're the only ones in the group that got in trouble and have to do this, besides Tony Marin, the extreme bad boy at school. I hate that kid. He's always causing trouble. We used to be friends in middle school, hanging out in gym and at lunch, poking at other kids and avoiding homework. He was my best friend, before Jess. I don't remember what made us hate each other, but we do.

"I so don't wanna do this today." I heard Cat say as she opened her door and stepped out.

"See ya later, Ma." I said and stepped out as well.

"This just keeps getting worse and worse." I said to Cat as we neared the group and found Tony to be there. The supervisor handed me a poker thing and gestured to the working group.

Pointy object? Me and Tony in the same vicinity with sharp objects? This is going to interesting, truthfully.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know, it's short.... but without ty's approval, i can't go much further with this.
:(
*sigh*

-kayt