‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

Scary Movie? Nope, Just A Scary Day.

Liliana

"This just keeps getting worse and worse." Dade said to me as we neared the group. The supervisor gave us each a poker looking thing and pointed us to the group. I shot Dade a confused look, but he wasn't looking at me. He was glaring intently at something. I followed to where he was glaring at and saw a hot guy glaring back at Dade. He had dark hair, somewhere in between dark brown and black. His brooding eyes full of hatred were the same color. He had a single lip ring on the bottom of his plump, kissable lips.

"Whoa Dade, who is the hottie giving you dagger eyes? One of your past lovers that you dumped?" I didn't realize that this comment was so close to home. He turned and I actually paled at the look he threw at me.

"Ghost, just shut the fuck up and leave me alone." He growled at me. I snapped my mouth shut and just stared at him. He held the poker thing in his clenched fist and glared back at the dark hottie, then started to walk towards the group. This could get interesting. I followed closely behind. As we neared, the hottie's sneer just grew... if that was possible.

"Well well well, look what the cat dragged in." I almost laughed at that since I did drag Dade into this, and Cat is my name. But Dade didn't look like he was in a very humorous mood. He just glared at Mr. Dark and Delicious and then went to work. Turns out the poker looking thingy is used to pick up trash and stuff from the ground. So we spent the afternoon picking trash off from the ground while Mr. Dark and Delicious threw insults and threats at Dade every chance he could.

"What's the matter Dade, afraid that I might ruin your reputation?" He finally threw at Dade and Dade just about snapped. He dropped the poker thing and started towards Mr. Dark and Delicious, but I held him back. I didn't want to get into anymore trouble, and I didn't want Dade to either. Mr. Dark and Delicious just laughed.

"What, does your girlfriend fight all your battles for you? Don't worry, she won't be fighting them for you when she finds out what I got in my pants for her." I forgot about restraining Dade and tried to claw that asshole's eyes out. It was Dade's turn to hold me back.

"Dade Brennan Sherman, let me go! I swear to god I am going to kill that motherfucker! Let me go!!" I yelled at Dade while he kept telling me to calm down. The guy left laughing. I finally calmed down, but Dade still didn't let me go.

"Umm... Dade?" I think he thought I was losing it.

"Yea?"

"You can let me go now."

"Oh... umm. Sorry." He let go of me. I turned and he was running one of his hands through his hair in embarrassment.

"Sorry about that. I thought you were still on a killing rampage." I raised my eyes at him.

"Speaking of which, who was that asshole I was so willingly about to kill?" I glared at him. He looked kind of embarrassed.

"How about we go get some Dunkin Donuts to calm our nerves, and I will tell you about it? I buy this time since you bought last time?" I agreed and we headed over to Dunkin Donuts after we told our parents what we where doing. I think our parents were more than happy to let us, their dreams of being mother-in-laws were rolling again. I ordered a Iced Latte with a mocha swirl and Dade ordered a Strawberry Coolatta. We sat down and started to drink. I was waiting for Dade to start speaking, but he just sat there fidgeting and playing with his drink. I was about to say something, when he looked up at me.

"Anthony Alexander Marin and I were best friends at the start of middle school. We were exact opposites of each other, but that's what made us such the best of friends. I was the one who kept him out of trouble, while he was the one who stood up for me when the school bullies picked on me. I don't know when it started, but we started to slowly drift apart. I became part of the "in" crowd, while he remained outside of it. Yea, we were still friends, but we also started to hate each other. He was jealous of all the friends I had and he wanted me to spend all my time with him. I tried to equal them out, Tony and my new friends, but Tony was still jealous. Finally in eighth grade, he made a big scene one day in front of my popular friends. He was acting like the jealous lover, and one of my new friends commented on it." He stopped and took a long sip of his drink before he continued. I was drawn into the story, and sat silently waiting. He looked back up at me.

"My friend had asked me if Tony was my gay lover. Tony got pissed and said that he wasn't gay and that we weren't lovers. He looked to me to stick up for him. But I was pissed at him. I told my friends that he wasn't my gay lover, but he wished he was because he has wanted to be with me forever. I said mean things. And Tony's face fell and broke with every word I said. He finally just turned and walked away. That was the last time I every really talked to him, except to exchange harsh words every now and then. In High school, he disappeared. He had transferred to a new school." Dade finished and sat there, silent and trying to kill his drink with his straw.

"Dade, chill. You can't stab it with your straw." I said to him. He looked at me confused and I gestured to his drink. He looked down and started to chuckle. I smiled, glad I could get him out of his dark mood. I honestly don't like it when he was in his dark mood. Which was strange since I normally don't care what mood Dade was in. My phone vibrated and I looked at it. It came up unknown number. I opened it and read the text. I read it twice. I even read it a third time.

"What the fuck?" Dade looked at me confused. I handed him the phone. He read the text and his eyebrows knitted together in confusion. He handed the phone back as he looked around. I looked around too, then back to what the text read.

I am watching you.