‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

He's A Creeper

Liliana

We dropped Dade off and before we drove away he had waved at me. I was a little shocked, I must say. He has never done that before. I sat back as mom drove off, talking on the phone most likely with one of her clients. Mom is a psychiatrist. She likes to help people. Go figure. She likes to help people while she tries to ruin mine. Not really, just how she wants to hook me and Dade up. Why can't they see that we don't really like each other?

I snapped out of my thinking when I felt my phone go off. I looked at the screen and then sighed.

hey, do you see my keys anywhere? I giggled. Poor Dade. I looked around for a few minutes.

I don't have them.... sorry. I put my phone away, expecting the conversation to be over. I was surprised when a few seconds later, it vibrated again.

thanks... I'm just kinda, sorta... locked out for the next three or four hours Oh.. well that sucks. I kinda felt sorry for him.

that sucks.... I sent him and then put my phone back. Five minutes later, we were pulling into our driveway. I got out and slammed the door. Mom was still talking animatedly on her cell. I was almost all the way up the stairs, when I stopped. I stood there for a minute and then groaned as I turned back around.

Why? I thought to myself.

Why do I have to go be nice? I stomped back down the stairs and towards the door. My mother heard me and came out of the study, finally off the phone.

"Where are you going young lady?" She asked. I ignored her and continued stomping down the stairs. I was grumbling to myself the whole way down the drive. I made it all the way down the drive and a little bit up the sidewalk when I heard tires squealing and a car horn blaring. I turned around and seen that a black SUV had almost hit a mini van. An enraged mother hopped out and started yelling at the driver behind the heavily tinted windows. She started to kick the SUV. I giggled and turned around. I finally made it to Dade's house.

I found all of his stuff lying on his front porch, but no Dade. I sighed and walked around the house looking for him. I finally found him hanging halfway out of his window. He was struggling, stuck. I giggled to myself.

"Gee Sherman, you're not supposed to rob your own house. Your life as a thief is going to be short lived if you keep that up." I called out to him. He stopped struggling momentarily.

"Could my day get any worse!!" I heard him cry.

"Oh, don't act like I'm the devil incarnate." I said to him. He kicked at me. I yelped and stepped back a little. I heard him chuckling.

"Fine! I was going to help you out, maybe push the window open so you could get into your own house but NO! Not that you're being an asshat." I yelled at him, and then started to walk away. He started yelling at me.

"Hey! Come back here! Cat! HEY! I'm sorry!" I grinned and turned back around.

"That's what I thought." I put my hands on either side of him on the window and pushed it open. He fell forwards a bit.

"That's a flattering angle, Dade. Not gonna lie." I told him sarcastically. He kicked at me again.

"Fine, fine! I'll lay off." I said with a chuckle. He wiggled forward and slid completely from my view.

"Your welcome!" I called to him.

"I was getting there. I kinda just fell through the window, you know." He yelled from somewhere below the window.

"Whatever, Dade!" I rolled my eyes at him... though he couldn't see that.

"Thank you, Cat." I poked my head into the window. Well sort of. I am not very tall and I barely could see over the bottom of the window. How the hell did Dade even get halfway through the window?

"Well, now that I've done my good deed for the week... I'm off to reak havok elsewhere." I informed him.

"Don't get yourself into too much trouble." He called out to me.

"Like you care." I shot back, waltzing away. I walked out of his driveway and started up the street towards town. I was chuckling to myself at how ridiculous Dade looked hanging out of the window when I heard tires squealing and horns honking. I turned around and saw that a black SUV had tried to go through the stop sign and almost had hit a mini van. A very enraged mother got out of the van, screaming profanities at the top of her lungs and started to kick the SUV. I started to laugh and shook my head before turning around and heading back up the street.

Five minutes later, I finally made it to town. I was heading to my favorite store, but something caught my eye in the window to my right. I stopped to admire the gorgeous dress behind the glass. Like I would ever wear a dress... unless it was Thursday. Even then, I rarely wear one. But this black mini dress, with a rhinestone trim was beautiful. I was still staring at the dress, when something in the reflection of the glass caught my eye. A black SUV pulled up behind me. It just sat there, no one got out of the vehicle and no one got in.

I realized it was the same black SUV that tried to run the stop sign. A cold, sinking feeling rushed through me.

Was I being followed?

No... must be just a coincidence... right?

Right... just a coincidence....

I don't like coincidences

I realized that not only was I possibly being followed by a black SUV... but I was also completely fucking crazy! I am talking to myself! I sighed and walked up the street, acting like I didn't know there was a creeper in a black SUV following me. A few stores later, I stopped and pretended to stare at some really ugly purse. A few minutes later, the SUV pulled up. Great, I was being followed.

I pulled out my cell to text Dade, but stopped. Why was I going to text Dade? It's not like he cares about me. I put my phone back and continued on to my favorite store. I opened the door and a bell sounded above me. The girl behind the counter looked up from her magazine. She squealed when she saw me and rushed out from behind the counter.

"Kitty Kat!" She squealed again before she tackled me. She was the only one I allowed to call me Kitty Kat. She was about a foot shorter than me with long dark hair that she had cut in the scene way. She had blond, red, and hot pink highlights in her hair.

"Hey Shadow." She smiled at me. I don't know her real name, she just told me to call her Shadow... so that's all I call her.

"So you come for your usual?" She asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"No Shadow, I think I am being followed. Now, you want to get off me and help me up? I think people might think something of us if we keep lying on the floor like this." I grinned at her as she scrunched up her nose and giggled. She finally got off of me and helped me up.

"Now what about you being followed?" I quickly told her my suspicious thoughts, while she stared over my shoulder and out the window.

"So you think that SUV right there has been following you? Want me to go upstairs and egg his vehicle?" I giggled at her. She owns this shop and lives upstairs. She, like me, is an artist. That's why she opened up this lovely paint shop.

"No... Don't egg the creeper's car. I am not even sure if he is really following me, which is why I have an idea." She perked up and listened to me intently. We exchanged numbers real quick, and I found myself in the back alley five minutes later.

Still there? I texted her.

Yup. Still oblivious you gave him the slip. This is fun, you should be followed more often. I rolled my eyes at her.

Walking now. And no... I don't want to be followed again. I was walking in the back alley behind the stores. I had gotten a few feet when my phone vibrated again.

Okay. Psh... whatever bitch, you know you love it when people follow you. ;) I laughed and continued walking. A few minutes later, my phone vibrated again.

Hey bitch, how far did you get? I looked around at the back doors behind the stores.

Well this door says Spencers. I stopped and waited for a few minutes.

Spencers? We don't have a Spencers in town... wait... I know where you are. Nvm. You have gone far enough. Proceeds to step two. I rolled my eyes at her and headed through the alley way to the main street. I looked down the street, towards the SUV. Wow... I had made it almost four or five stores up. I stood there and made sure I had his attention... hopefully, the windows were heavily tinted. I then headed across the street, making sure to walk in front of a car to cause to honk his horn at me. That really would get the guys attention. I walked up and stopped in front of a store. Few seconds later, my phone vibrated.

He left... was all that commotion because of you?

Yep. Walked in front of a car.

Dumbass.

I wanted to make sure I had his attention. He is behind me again.

You certainly got attention. Okay, step three now. Make your way to home base. I laughed at her. She was so weird sometimes. I strolled back down the street, back towards Shadow's shop. I stopped once more, to make sure that the creeper was still following me and wasn't some major coincidence. Yep... still there. I sighed and walked back towards Shadows. I had made it to the sidewalk on Shadows side, when Shadow came streaking out, a carton of eggs in her hands.

"Operation Creeper-Be-Gone, in action!" She screamed as she started to chuck eggs at the black SUV. I ducked and ran into the shop. She stood there, chuckling like a mad woman and chucking eggs at the SUV. She kept yelling "Stranger Danger" and "Help, he is stalking me and my friend!" Finally, after a few seconds, the SUV sped off. Shadow jumped up and down and did a little victory dance that had me holding the sides of my stomach and rolling on the floor. She waltzed back in the store and stared at me like I was crazy.

"What the hell Kitty Kat? Why are you on the floor?" I just laughed at her and she shook her head at me and walked away. I got up and started to grab things off of the shelf that I needed and went to go pay.

"Don't even Kitty Kat!" I stopped and stared at her wide eyed.

"What? I didn't steal anything." She rolled her eyes at me.

"I know, but don't you even think about paying. I won't accept it. Not after the fun you let me have today." She stated. I stared at her.

"I am paying Shadow."

"Don't make me hex you!" Oh yea, she is a wiccan.

"Shadow, Wiccan's don't do bad magic. What you going to do? Put a luck spell on me?" She sighed.

"Well shit. I hoped you had forgotten that I told you that. Still... your not paying." She grinned at me.

"Fine... " I sighed. She laughed at me and told me to get out, she was going to close now. I laughed at her and stalked out of the store. I headed home. As I passed Dade's though, I looked at his house and saw him through his bedroom window. He was pretending to play air guitar, and jamming around like a wild man. I laughed when he knocked over a lamp, he stopped jamming and went to go fix it. He looked out of the window as he sat it upright. He spotted me and stopped. I quickly looked away and continued home.

I ran up the steps and into the house. I passed my mother, who was asking me something, but I ignored her and continued up the stairs to my room. I put my supplies on my desk and sat at it. I stared at the wall, which was covered in my work. I sighed and turned on my radio, then headed to the bathroom, where I locked the door behind me. I turned on the shower, and quickly stripping, I stepped under the hot water. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms, over the scars and new wounds.

I hated myself for cutting, I hated cutting, I hated myself when I didn't cut, and I hated Dade so much at that moment. I don't know why, just really hated him so much for some reason at that moment that I started to cry, for no reason. I curled up into a ball on the bottom of the shower, letting the scolding hot water spray onto me as I cried over that stupid boy that I couldn't stop thinking of.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yea... hope you like this. :) took me like six time to try to write this damn chapter out.