‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

T is for Thursdays... and Torture.

I hate Thursdays. Normally kids are excited because its one more day to the weekend, one more day till they don't have to wake up at unholy hours to trudge to school and listen to teachers lecture for hours. Normally kids are excited, but I think I was the only one who dreaded them. Well.. except maybe Pretty Boy Dade. See, Dade and I hate each other. Everyone in school knows that. Now our families... they are not so bright. See our parents have been friends for... well pretty much forever. They have some weird idea that Dade and I are going to -gag- get married and have kids.

Every Thursday, we have dinner with the Shermans. I love Copper and Todd Sherman. They are lovely people, and are so nice. I don't know how they had a kid like Dade. Anyway, back to my Thursday spiel. Thursdays we, as in Dade and I, dread because we have to go through a couple of hours of pretending to like each other. Let me lay it out. Every Thursday we either serve dinner at our house, or go to the Shermans. We sit in the study while the fathers have a couple of drinks and the mothers catch up... normally mom is asking for an early sneak at Copper's latest designs. Dad is a Doctor with Todd and mom is a Musician. So they have a lot of stuff to discuss... next weeks patients and what style mom wants to get from Copper. Dade and I sit there and stare daggers at each other.

Then somehow, the conversation turns to Dade and I, and they ask when we will get together and make little Italian-Mexican children. As soon as their backs are turned, back to the glaring. Then it's dinner time, and I have to sit next to Dade. And I have to be polite and use manners, smile and flutter my eyelashes at him while he has to act nice and polite to me too. Then dinner is over and we have to hug. Normally I whisper sweet little threats in his ear, and then the nightmare is over.

I ran to my room and throw off my Thursday evening clothes and put on my normal clothes, mainly a lot of black clothing. Tonight I put on a plaid school girl mini with a black corset top that had red cords tying it shut. I had on black boots, almost like combat boot, but more gothic looking. I put my hair up in teased pig tails, putting red streaks through some of the strands of hair. I wasn't goth, or punk. I wasn't preppy or nerdy. I was Me.

I was the school outcast. I was called "Ghost" or "cat" depends on who was talking about me. The more polite people call me Cat... which is a shorter version of my middle name, Catalina. Ghost is what I am called by the... not so nice people. I am an outsider to them, sometimes it seems like I am not there or invisible. Yet everyone knows I am there. There is no mistaking when I walk down the halls.

I blared my CD player, which currently held a Paramore CD. I opened my window and climbed out of it and down the tree. I ran across the giant yard until I hit the street. I walked down the street until I got to this place I hang out at. There is a bunch of older kids there, and they all drink, smoke, and in the shadows... well you should figure that one out. I walked towards the bonfire they had going tonight.

"Hey Kitten, come over here and I will pet you." I turned towards the guy who yelled at me. He winked at me and puckered his lips. He must have been new... everyone here already knows not to mess with me. I almost gave him the bird and turned when I saw him holding a bottle of vodka. I wanted that bottle of vodka. I slowly walked towards him, swaying my hips seductively. I smiled at him and pressed myself up to him. Running my hands from his waist up to his chest and licked my lips suggestively.

"Daddy, If you want this Kitty, lets go somewhere private. I don't do free shows." I planted a kiss on his neck, right above the pulse. I felt his heart quicken and he all but dragged me down the alley into the shadows. He had pushed me up against a wall and was about to strip me when I pulled my fist back and caught him right in the side of the head. He went down like a ton of bricks. I kicked him lightly in the side... enough that he would have a bruise. He was out. I grabbed the bottle and emerged from the alleyway, happy as a clam.

"I see you met Rick... and I see he has met your right hook. Damn girl, he is going to be out for a while. Poor Bastard, someone should have warned him. Come sit with us Cat." I smiled at Kevin, or as we call him Ace. He is a pro at larceny. He could dazzle you with his looks and charms, while stealing from you right under your nose. And later you would never suspect the nice gentleman. He had his arm around Angel, another larcenist. Angel and Ace work as a team. Angel looks exactly what an angel should look like. Hair that looked like it was gold spun into silky locks of hair, deep blue eyes that are deeper than the ocean. Beautiful and innocent looking. Not once would you suspect this delicate rose of stealing your five hundred dollar watch right off your wrist.

The rest of the group was a bunch of alcoholics and druggies. Some where homeless teens. I plopped down on the other side of Ace and drank from my lovely bottle of vodka.

"Damn girl, you need to slow down on that shit... What happened with Dade today?" Ace asked as he took the bottle from me. I would have punched him... but he was like the Don in a mob family. I fiddled with my bracelets that covered some of my cuts. My family still doesn't know that I cut.

"Who said it has anything to do with Dade?" I shot at him. He glared at me.

"Cat, I'm sorry but you are pretty easy to read sometimes. You never really drink this heavily unless it has to do something with Dade. And you are itching for a fight, because you are even trying to attack me. I am just trying to help you Sugar." I hate it when people can read me so easily... and Ace just read me out loud like I was the Sunday's paper. I sighed.

"I ran into Dade at school. And it is Thursday." I mumbled. I looked at Ace. He just nodded.

"Did you threaten his life again? How many times do I have to tell you that that isn't the way to go about that?" He lectured me. Sometimes I found it funny that a criminal would lecture me about right and wrong now, but in half an hour he is back to stealing things.

"Actually he told me to drop dead." Ace's eyes widened with shock and then he let out a full belly laugh.

"Damn the boy has balls. I am going to assume that he is still alive?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Of course he is Ace... I don't care about him enough to go to jail for him." He laughed again before he became all serious.

"So what happened at dinner?" He was coming to the point that I hated to talk about.

"Well our parents are getting more and more insistent that Dade and I are going to marry and such. And when we had to leave, Dade and I are forced to hug. He again whispered Drop Dead Rivera in my ear. I told him "Not before.... not before you're mother does..." I was so ashamed for saying that about Copper. I love Copper to death, she is like a second mother. I was just so tired of the acting and Dade telling me to drop dead, it just slipped out.

"You What?!?" Ace was shocked. He even dropped the bottle of vodka, which shattered on the ground at out feet.

"I know... I don't know why I said it. I like Copper, I really do. I was just so mad at Dade and tired, it just rolled off my tongue before I could help myself. I really hate that I said that." Ace just sat there and stared at me.

"I hope you see it before it's too late." Ace said out of no where. I looked at him confused.

"See what?" He shook his head and stood up.

"Nothing Cat. Come on Angel, back to work." They left without another word. I walked home, trying to figure out what Ace meant. I climbed up my tree and through my window. My Cd wasn't over yet. I wasn't gone that long then. I kept it on and headed into my bathroom, making sure to lock the door behind me. I stood at my sink and stared at myself in the mirror.

Not before you're mother does.

Why did I say that? Those words echoed in my mind over and over again. I took the razor out of it's hiding place and sat it on the counter. I took my bracelets off. I picked the razor back up an every time those words went through my head, I sliced my wrists. I finally stopped when my arm was numb. I backed up to the door, staring at the monster in the mirror the entire time. My back hit the door and I slid down onto the floor. Tears poured down my face as my blood trickled down my arm onto the floor. Tears and blood mixed onto the floor, just like every Thursday.

I hate Thursdays.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is the second Chapter.
It's your turn Kayti Darling.
:D

♥Tyannie