‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

All The Little Things That You Don't See

Dade

I watched as Cat walked over towards him and yet again, she was flirting with him. He pulled her close to his chest and I stared in horror. He brushed his lips against her ear, whispered. He let her go but still held onto her hips. Rage boiled inside me, turning my entire body into it's own oven. My blood ran hot inside my veins and I felt my cheeks burn with the anger flowing through me.

But what did I care?

I bit my lip and glared at Tony as he chuckled, watching me in return. He said something to Cat and then laughed again.

I wanted to hit him. I wanted to hit him hard.

Then... Bam! Cat pulled that fucker down to kiss him. My heart stopped and I stabbed the poker into the ground. Several minutes passed and I growled. When they pulled away, I grabbed the poker and pulled it up from the dirt. I stabbed the trash and pulled it off in the garbage bag. I saw Tony watching me out of the corner of my eye and I glowered towards him. He said something else. There was talking but I was already too pissed to care. I went back to my work until I caught them trading numbers and then Cat was walking towards me. She raised an eyebrow at me when my gaze found Tony heading the opposite direction.

"Cat got your tongue, Dade?" she asked. My eyes returned to her.

"No... but it looks like you got Tony's." I said. She blushed and looked to Tony, arrogantly waltzing around shirtless, hardly doing any work at all.

"Yeah, so what's it to you?" she asked. Was she seriously that dense? I had to cock an eyebrow.

"It's Tony, as in the guy who is trying to kill me! Why are you playing tonsil hockey with Tony?!?!?!?" my voice raised in volume. She looked surprised then smiled.

"So sorry that I didn't ask your permission to date him father! Next time I will let you date him first, then tell me whether or not I can date him... since I obviously need your permission on who to date!"

"You don't need to ask my permission to date!"

"Then why the hell are your man thongs all in a twist?!" she said sharply. I didn't have an answer to that.

"Because it's Tony!" I stuttered.

"Dade, are you jealous?!"

I blinked and blinked, trying to process that one. I opened my mouth to say... something, anything. Nothing came. I closed my mouth, opened it and then closed it again. I turned to just glaring at her.

We went back to our work and finally, it just came out, "I'm not jealous. Tony is just not a nice person. Even though we're not friends, I don't want want him to hurt you. I am so not jealous."

"Well, you seemed like you were jealous." she teased.

"I have Kelsey, why would I be jealous?"

"You just seemed jealous!" she snapped. I growled without meaning to.

"Kelsey says that you're jealous though. Are you jealous, Kitty Cat?" I taunted purposely, using the nickname to piss her off. I grinned when I saw her turn to glare at me. I heard her gasp slightly and then her eyes steeled as she got angrier.

"I have Tony, why the fuck would I be jealous? And don't ever call me Kitty Cat again!"

Tony, you better not ever cross my path or I'm going to kick your ass from her to the Great Zimbabwe.

Cat left and I thanked God because this argument was seriously getting us nowhere. I wanted to pull out my phone and call Kelsey. I wanted to confide in her. But that other night, in the park, I don't know if I can.

""Dade, I will help you get Cat but after that, we're nothing but friends."

I wanted to call up Jess or Kelsey or hell, I'd call Ardith if I could. I'd call her and spill my problems at her feet just to get them out. No one listens. Jess used to. Kelsey still would but she'd call me a fool and that the plan would work. Ardith, I love her, but she'd tell me that maybe Cat and I were meant for each other and that I should give in and give it up.

This left me alone.

Fuck!

Cat and I didn't talk to each other for the rest of the day, even when we got into Mom's car and headed home. I had my iPod blaring the loudest music I owned, Alesana followed by August Burns Red. Mom was talking and Cat nodded but I sat in the front, listening to the music. Mom called it noise. To each their own, as they say. Cat stepped out and when we returned to the house, Mom grabbed my arm in her hand lightly. I pulled one of my headphones from my ear.

"What can I do you for?" I asked.

"What happened between you and Lily, Dade? Did you get into another fight?" Mom asked.

"It doesn't even matter anymore." I pushed her arm off and headed into the house. I took the stairs 3 at a time and slammed my door behind me, dropping my bag onto the floor. I grabbed the extra chair and pushed it under the handle. Mom knocked.

"Why is the door shut, Dade?" she tried to open it.

"Dade! Open the door!"

"No, Mom." I groaned.

"Don't make me get your father, Dade Brennan!"

"Oh yes, because that's so scary." I grumbled.

"Dade Brennan Sherman! Open the goddamn door!" Mom snapped.

"No!"

"Why the hell not?"

"Because I don't feel like it."

"DADE!" she screeched. I rolled my eyes and reached over, flipping my stereo on. I turned it up to max volume, fished around in my drawer and smiled when I came across the orange bottle. It was a horrible habit but it took me away. It took me away from the guilt of being alive, being a burden and a fuck up. It took away the thoughts of taking too many and just letting that fuzzy darkness take me away from this life. It took the pain of having to be a teenager away. Yes, I sound angsty and emo and depressed but sometimes, you need an escape.

Beverly Hills, you're slowly killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
yes! :D
love it, right?
love us, right?
yes... comment. now. do it.
see, you scroll up and then click on comments... after that, you scroll down to the little box. You put your feedback in the little box and click submit when you're done. I explain this because you seem uncapable of doing this. DO IT! OR no more!!! NONE!

-kayt