‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

Shocky!

Liliana

I was pacing in my room waiting for Shadow to get here. We were going to go tanning out by the pool. Yesterday, Dade and I had that huge argument in the garden… which was supposed to be our mutual ground. But now the magic was lost. I was still furious as to what Dade said. I can’t believe he called me a whore! What the hell would give him that idea?! I don’t even give the men second glances in our school. I growled and started yanking at my hair. That is when I noticed the cuts on my arm. Fuck, I needed to hide these before Shadow got here. I scanned around the room for something that would go with the bikini set I was wearing. I had a black bikini set on. The top had a sequined skull on the left breast. I wore a gauzy red wrap around my hips. I had on foot thongs, since I didn’t want to wear shoes. I couldn’t put a hoodie on, that would just look stupid, as well as defeat the whole purpose of tanning. I sighed.

What to wear… what to wear. My eyes landed on a couple of my cuffs and I grinned. My mother had giving me a couple 14-karat gold plated cuffs that were in the shape of a snake wrapping around itself this one year for my Halloween costume. I was being an Egyptian Goddess, and the snakes fitted with my outfit. I grabbed the two cuffs and put them on my wrist. They covered the cuts nicely. I smiled and started to turn when another snake cuff caught my eye. When we were younger, Dade’s parents forced him to buy me a gift. He had seen it and thought that I would hate it, but in truth, I had this weird fascination with snakes. Anyways, he had this strange grin on his face and I thought I was going to hate it. You should have seen his face when genuine joy spread on my face when I seen the gorgeous cuff. He was so upset about it, he pouted the entire time he was there. I smirked and threw it on, it going on my upper arm where it’s supposed to be.

Just in time too, for Shadow burst through the door. She stopped short and took in my outfit, as I took in her very pink one. She wore bright pink sunglasses and an equally bright pink trench coat that she had tied together. She had no shoes on, but her toes were painted bright pink. Her hair was still black, but now she had all sorts of pink highlights in it. It varied from a light pink to hot pink highlights. She even had this giant pink daisy in her hair.

“Shadow, I am almost scared to ask why you are wearing so much… pink.” I was trying to stifle a laugh. That giant pink daisy was a bit much. She just smiled at me.

“I was going to ask you the same thing.. You look like a snake charmer.” She said while pretending to dance with a snake wrapped around her shoulders. I laughed.

“I like this outfit, thank you very much. Are you wearing anything under that coat? I’m kind of scared that your in your birthday suite under that extremely bright coat.” I asked her. She just laughed at me and slowly undid her sash. I laughed as she pretended to strip. She wore a Hello Kitty bikini underneath. I shook my head at her.

“I’m going to start calling you Candy.” I told her. She just laughed at me.

“Only if that means that you’ll eat me.” She winked at me. I laughed and shook my head at her.

“Oh Shadow, no one will ever suspect a thing.” I sang at her with a wink. She smiled and shook her head.

“Nope never…. We would never give them a reason to think otherwise.” We grinned at each other and laughed. We then started to head downstairs towards the pool. Mom or dad weren’t home, so we had the whole house to ourselves. We blared the radio out on the deck and started to rub the tanning oil into our skins.

“Need a drink Shadow? We have soda, tea, water, lemonade.” I asked. She scrunched up her nose and thought.

“Do you have coke?” I nodded and she asked for one of those. I ran into the house and grabbed two cans of soda. I also grabbed a platter of cookies and brownies that was just sitting there and took them out. Shadow squealed when she saw the sugary treats.
“Have I told you how much I love you?” She asked. I giggled.

“You did last night, remember?” I said with a wink. She grinned at me.

“Oh yea, I remember… was that before or after the uncontrollable moaning?” She asked innocently. I just laughed and shook my head at her.

“Anyone listening to our conversation would think that we really were lesbians.” I laughed as she got this fake hurt look on her face.

“You mean we’re not?! That’s it! We are so over!” She screeched and chucked a cookie piece at me. I screeched as it went down by bikini top. I fished it out and threw it back, hitting her in the middle of the forehead. She blinked at me, shocked.

“Whoa, that was all ninja like there Kitty Kat! I barely saw you move and then BAM! Cookie in the face!” She said laughing. We were silent for a minute, chewing our snacks and drinking the soda when Shadow cleared her throat.

“So why were you so angry earlier on the phone? You sounded like you were about to murder someone.” She asked me quietly. I had forgotten all about the argument with Dade, until now. I scowled at the sun’s reflection on the water.

“Dade and I got into a fight. A really big one.” I told her. She looked confused.

“Don’t you two always get into a fight though?” She asked hesitantly. I laughed. She was right. We were always fighting. We were like cats and dogs. We went with each other as well as peanut butter and pickles. What was I thinking? How could Dade ever like me? He basically called me the school’s whore last night.

“This time… it was in a sacred place to both of us. We had a sort of unspoken agreement that this place we had a truce. No outside arguments were spoken here. No outside conflicts were brought in. No outside worries were brought in. This place was magical, Shadow. You have no idea. I swear there could be fairies walking around in there. Time stands still, and it’s the perfect oasis. But that all changed when Dade and I fought in there last night. It got bad. He basically called me the school’s whore. It started off with our argument from earlier, when I was using Tony… but then it just escalated out of control.” I explained to her. She was silent for a while. She went to open her mouth to say something when my phone went off. I giggled as she glared at it. I picked it up and opened the text. I read it. And then I read it again.

“Oh My God…” I said. I looked around trying to see if the person who just sent me that text was still here. I looked back down at the phone as Shadow came to read over my shoulder.

Looking good in that bikini Kitty Kat. Now that I took out your bitch of a boyfriend, your all mine for the taking.

“Cat, what the hell is going on?” Shadow asked as she scanned the yard too. I shrugged.

“I don’t know Shadow… but this isn’t the first text I have received a text like this. The first one was a plain “I am watching you.” It freaked me out. But this one is even freakier. Wait… what does it mean…” Before I could finish, my mother came bursting outside.

“Liliana, Dade was in a car crash.” I just stared at her. All the anger I felt at Dade came rolling back.

“So little “I am so perfect and everyone loves me. All the girls are jealous that they can’t have me.” has gotten into a car crash has he? Huh, serves him right.” It was absolutely silent when I finished. I hadn’t meant to say that out loud, but it sort of just did. I think Shadow was trying to stifle her laughter, because she had to turn away and shove a brownie into her mouth.
“Liliana Catalina Rivera! What the hell has gotten into you! This is Dade we are talking about! Not whoever you were just ranting about.” She said. I felt the anger now direct itself at it’s new target… my mother.

“I know exactly who we were talking about, mother! I was talking about Dade. Let me tell you a little secret. Dade and I have hated each other since we were in the fifth grade. Every Thursday, we hold back our vomit and we act nice around each other for your guy’s benefit. We are never going to fall in love and get married and have the little Italian Mexican babies you guys want so badly. Dade and I are never going to be more then the perfect enemies!” I spat at her. She was silent and just stared at me. She pursed her lips.

“Well then… we will just talk about this later. I… I am going now.” I could tell that I had hurt her feelings, but at that moment, I didn’t care. I was still pissed. My mom stopped before she reached the door and turned around.

“Are you going to come or…” She trailed off and I just huffed and turned away. I heard her sigh before I heard the door open and then close. It was quiet for a minute before Shadow burst out laughing. I looked at her, confused. Why the hell was she laughing?!

“I am so sorry Kitty Kat, but that was too funny. You already love Dade, and I know that boy loves you too.” She said. She was bent over and holding her sides since she was laughing so hard.

“Shut up Shadow, before I through your ass in the pool.” She stopped laughing and just stared at me in horror.

“Noooo! Don’t do that Kitty Kat! I just got my hair done!” She wailed. I laughed and promised her that I wouldn’t shove her into the pool. I had turned to reach for my drink when I felt two hands shove me from behind. I went flailing forward and landed in the pool with a splash. I pushed off of the bottom of the pool and resurfaced. I spat out the water and stared at Shadow in shock. She giggled at me.

“Hey, you promised you wouldn’t push me into the pool… I never promised I wouldn’t do it to you though.” She laughed and I glared at her. She laughed and I used that opportunity to splash her in the face with the water. She sputtered and glared down at me. I gave her the best innocent look I could muster and then burst out laughing. She started laughing and helped me out of the pool. We talked and tanned for the next hour. My mom came out and sat in a chair next to us. We both got quiet and stared at her. She was being all silent and she looked exhausted.

“So how is Dade doing? Giving everyone attitude?” I asked taking a sip of my soda.

“Lily, Dade is in a coma.” My mother said. I spat out my soda. What?!
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, so here it is. :) I hopes you all like it. :)
Now we want five comments or else this story goes bye-bye. Alright?
Five beautiful comments that are awesome and we will update quicker. Gots it? good.
oh! and this is Shadow's outfit
and this is Cat's outfit
Now comments please!?