‹ Prequel: The Red Hot Tamales

Suga Babies

Killing Me Softly

Liliana

"Shit, Cat. What's going on?" Dade hissed at me. I didn't care. I was so pissed and ... betrayed at the moment that I was seeing red.

"My friend in the park, the one that was there before I met up with you? There was this really expensive watch that he stole and I shoulda figured something was up. I can't believe I trusted them. Anyway, they must have slipped it in my bag when I was with them. But it had to have been that man's." I spat back.

"Then just tell them that." Wow, because anyone would ever believe me. I was a liar, an outcast.

"They won't believe me, Dade. No ones ever caught Ace or Angel. Why do you think their names are Ace and Angel?" I asked. He leaned forward on the table.

"Mom and Dad are gonna be pissed." He muttered.

"What? Your first offense, Sherman?" I teased.

"Can you stop being such a bitch for once, Liliana? Because your high horse is probably getting tired of your weight all the goddamn time." He snapped. I was surprised, I was just teasing. The surprise was quickly replaced by a wall of anger.

"Douche bag." I muttered. He rolled his eyes and the door opened. We looked up and found four very pissed parents standing in the doorway. Dade groaned and I just went blank.

"Dade Sherman, Liliana Rivera, you're being released into the custody of your parents but you have a court date for the 15th. You are to show up and the judge will decide the correct punishment for your actions. Is that clear?" The officer said. He looked like he frequented Dunkin Donuts often. I don't think his shirt could withstand anymore donuts. I was surprised it didn't already burst from the fat protruding from him.

I stood up and walked towards my parents, daggers shooting from their eyes. I sighed and followed them out of the room. I could hear Dade shuffle after me and I felt sorry for dragging him into this. We went our separate ways and as soon as we were in the car, mom burst out crying.

"What have we done? Where did we go wrong Jose? Why can't she behave?" Mom cried in between tears.

"It couldn't have been something we had done wrong Nikki, it has to be something else." My father tried to comfort her. I hated it when they talked about me like this, like I wasn't there. Like I was literally a ghost. It was ironic how the kids at school called me a ghost, and here I was listening to my parents talk about me as if I was a ghost.

"But then why would she act like this Jose? Why would she drag Dade into this also? I don't understand this Jose. Where did I go wrong? Am I a terrible mother?" My mother started to cry some more. It broke my heart to hear them talk like this. It broke my heart to hear her cry like this, to think like that. I just sink lower into my seat and stare out the window, trying not to cry. I tuned my parents out, I couldn't listen anymore.

We get home and I am out of the car and into my room before my parents can say anything. I slam my door and lock it. I ran to my radio and turn it on, blaring it. I ignore my parents pounding on my door, they will leave eventually. I stand in the middle of my room and look around at my things. My room had a burgundy and gold theme going on. I don't know why, that's just how it turned out. As I looked around at my room something snapped in me and tears started to stream down my face, a scream was building up in my throat. I ran to my desk that had everything on it from make up to cds.

I grabbed whatever I could reach and threw it, screaming wordlessly. Screaming my rage. I picked up something heavy and threw it. It flew into the wall and with the sound of crystal breaking, it shattered into a million pieces. I stopped and stared at what I threw. The snow globe I had gotten when I was seven years old. Ten years ago. Ten years I had cherished that beautiful snow globe that was now in a million pieces. I screamed again and started to throw things again.

Tears poured down my face, I probably looked like shit. My mascara was no doubt running down my cheeks like black rivers. My eyes probably looked all red and puffy, swollen from crying. I fell to the ground, grabbing my hair with my hands. I wanted so bad to rip something apart, to smash something. I pounded my fists on the floor. Suddenly, Ace's face popped into my head. Ace grinning at me, saluting me as I was driven off in the back of a cop car.

I slowly got up and stared at my window. My feet started to move before I made a conscious thought to move. It was like a dream, climbing through my window and walking to where I used to hang out. Where Ace, someone I used to consider a friend, was sitting around the fire, laughing. Where everything got quiet when they saw me.

"Cat. Nice to see you. Didn't think you would show up here." Ace said. I snarled at him and everyone backed up. Well everyone but Angel. He just sat there grinning at me. After a minute he stood up and walked around the fire towards me.

"I am sorry about earlier Cat, but it had to be done." Ace said. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and I saw that he believed that.

"Why? Why did it have to be done Kevin?" Everyone gasped. No one called him Kevin, not even Angel. I saw a spark of anger in his eyes and a dark chuckle escaped his lips.

"One day you will see Liliana." Ace said to me as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I stared at the hand for a minute before turning cold eyes back to him.

"Unfortunately, I don't think I will." I said, then I punched him right in the gut. I smiled like a mad man when I heard his breath run out of him in a rush. He held onto his stomach and was bent over in pain. I grabbed his brown hair and pulled him up straight. He looked in my eyes with surprise. I smiled evilly at him before my right hook met the side of his face. He fell to the ground and he struggled to get up, but my giant boot caught him in his side. He let out a groan and held his side. The people around us were yelling, edging me on, telling him to get up and not let a girl beat him. I heard Angel crying and screaming at me to stop. Someone must be holding her back. Ace tried to get up and I stomped on his back. He fell back to the ground with and oomph and I smiled in satisfaction. I walked around Ace, watching him trying to struggle.

"Cat, you have to believe me when I say I did it with good intentions." Ace pleaded with me. I stopped at his head and knelt to grab his hair and drag him upwards.

"Good intentions! You mean I got dragged down to the station because you had good intentions in mind!" I spat in his face. He just nodded. I screamed in wordlessly in his face before my fist once again connected with the side of his head. He fell to the ground, this time not moving. I kicked him in the side once more before I started to walk away.

"Tell Kevin when he wakes up, that it is Cat to him. And that he better not get in my way, because I don't consider him a friend anymore." I heard everyone behind me laughing, hooting and hollering. I heard Angel crying. But at that moment, I didn't care if she was pissed at me for beating up Kevin. You don't do something like that to me and get away un scratched. I got to my lawn and was making my way to the tree to climb in my window when I say my Aunt Maria's car in the drive way. Damn! I hurried up the tree and into my room.

The radio was still blaring and I walked into my bathroom. I picked up my razor blade and cut some more lines into my skin, more marks of my anger and shame. More lines that added to the list on how fucked up I was. I stared at the bloody lines in my skin and felt tears pouring down my face again.

More lines appeared in my skin, more reasons to hate myself and my life. Suddenly I just needed to get away. For the second time that night I crawled from my window and ran from my house, this time running to the place where I could get away from this hell. Under the willow tree, I fell to the ground and cried my heart out. Tears poured down my face as my blood continued to pour down my arm.

Man, I was fucked up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a fun time beating Ace up... Just imagined it was
Dannie's asshat of an ex.