Starry Eyes

She's Sort Of Dysfunctional

I stared blankly outside of the window, watching the droplets of rain splash onto the glass, creating small and intricate pathways for new droplets. Nothing was more depressing than having to stay indoors on such a nice, rainy day. And on a Friday, no less. Bored was an understatement for what I was feeling. Anything could've been more exciting than being locked in my house, alone. How depressing. I didn't know how long I'd been sitting in that same position. Cross-legged on the floor, with my chin resting against my palm. I let out a small sigh.

Mom and dad had gone out to dinner to celebrate the so unexpected pregnancy. Yeah, mom was pregnant. I could hardly believe it myself. It would be weird having a small baby in the house, after so many years of being the younger child. I had an older sister who hardly spent time at home. She was eighteen and I had just turned sixteen that month. I hated being so young. It was hard to live with an eighteen year old sister who pretty much lived in a world where everything revolved around her. You could say she was my parents' pride and joy. And me? Maybe just the screw-up.

Okay, okay. I sound dramatic. I knew they loved me just as much as Erika. It's just that I constantly felt like I was in some sort of stupid competition with her for my parents' attention. Or was it my own personal need for attention? Whatever. Anyway, they always complimented her in every way possible, which annoyed me to an extent.
My sister and I shared a very weird relationship. Sometimes it seemed like we were the best of friends. And others, well, not so much. I guess, as we get older, we become more impatient with things. We sort of become a lot more independent. And that's exactly what my sister was. Independent. Lucky her. She'd be going off to college soon.

The house was quiet and my mind wandered far. Maybe farther than necessary. I always overthink everything which results in my thoughts getting all tangled up in knots.
Suddenly, I could hear someone messing with the locks of the front door, followed by someone opening it. Needless to say, it startled me half to death.

I remained on the floor and turned my head around, expecting Erika to walk into the living room any minute. But she didn't. I narrowed my eyes and shrugged, turning my head back around and facing the outside world again. Just then, I heard some weird noises. I could hear a muffled laugh and someone banging hard against a wall. I frowned, and spun around, still on the floor, trying to listen more intently.

"Strify! Strify, stop! That tickles!" Erika's girly voice became clear and I knew the obsessive squealing was hers. A few seconds later, Erika appeared in the doorway of the living room, attached to the hip with some guy whose face I couldn't see, since his back was facing me. My jaw dropped and I froze on the spot. They didn't realise my presence, as they made out ferociously.

Erika, you slut.

I quickly cleared my throat the loudest possible, afraid I'd see something that could potentially scar me for life. Erika and the guy stopped kissing and she quickly turned her head, seeing me on the floor. Her eyes widened.

"N-Nor?"

I crossed my arms.

A nervous laugh escaped her mouth. "S-sorry. I didn't know you were here."

I lifted an eyebrow. "Where else would I be?"

"I don't know. Out somewhere?"

I rolled my eyes. "Well I'm not. And thank you for the free pay-per-view."

The guy, whose hands were on her waist, laughed quietly at my sarcasm.

Erika scoffed. "I already said I'm sorry. Jeez. Come on, Strify. Let's go to my room," She whispered loudly in his ear, as she took his hand.

Strify? What the hell kind of name was that?

"Okay," Was all the guy said before following Erika out of the living room and up the stairs.

"You know mom and dad are gonna be home any minute, don't you?" I called; a smirk suddenly forming on my lips. Boy, what I'd give just to see that girl being punished by my parents. It's not like I was asking for any corporal punishment. Maybe a yell or two. Hell, grounding her would make my day.

Erika stopped in her tracks and slowly wheeled around. "I know. That's why we won't be long. Promise, Strify?" She cooed in his ear, as she ran a hand up and down his chest.

I made a gagging noise. "You're disgusting."

"He doesn't think so," She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

I shook my head. "I'm outta here." Then I walked passed the two of them and made my way towards the kitchen.

"Don't mind her. She's sort of dysfunctional." I heard my sister telling the guy. She said it loud, just because she knew I could hear her shrilly voice from a mile away.

I managed to maintain my calm and not shout profanities at her. Something I'd normally do once in a while when she'd piss me off to no end.

I raided the fridge, trying to find something decent to eat. My stomach was growling. Finally, after minutes of searching, I settled on pop-tarts. It wasn't enough to fill the huge void in my stomach, but it was enough to fill at least a quarter of it.

I sat down on the kitchen table with my pop-tart in hand, munching away. I suddenly stopped once I heard an obnoxious laugh coming from upstairs, recognizing it as being Erika's.
My whole body shivered at the thought of what my sister and that guy could possibly be doing, besides the obvious.

Oh, how I wished my parents would just walk in right now and see their precious little daughter performing obscenities with a young man on her bed.
I grinned evilly at the thought of her being caught in the act, and proceeded with munching down on my chocolate pop-tart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I get more and more strange