Starry Eyes

I Came To Party

Strify knocked on the door, while placing an arm around Erika's shoulders. I suddenly felt like the third wheel. I didn't know anyone at that party. I was going to be so lost.
Maybe I shouldn't have come.
Before I could even think about telling Erika that I was going back home, the door swung open, revealing a very strange looking boy.
He was short. Well, he was my size, but I was considered a shorty by many. His hair was probably the weirdest aspect of his appearance. It was bleach blonde with a few visible black streaks and it was a bit shorter than Strify's. He had a very straight fringe and the back of his hair was sort of spiked up. Moving on to the outfit. It was white. White jacket over a black shirt and white pants with a studded belt.
"Hallo," The short guy greeted. "Ah, you brought your girlfriend. How nice." I didn't know why, but for a teeny tiny second, I could've sworn I heard a bit of sarcasm dripping from that sentence.
Nah. Just my imagination.
"Of course I did," Strify said. "And I brought her sister, too."
The boy looked at Strify suspiciously. "Really? Her sister?"
Strify nodded and motioned for me to follow him inside the house. I was sort of hiding behind him and Erika.
Once the guy saw me, he smiled a very genuine smile. "Hey."
"Hey," I answered quietly.
I felt sort of awkward, but I tried hard not to let it show.
"I'm Kiro," The boy said, extending his hand. As I took it, I noticed he wore rings.
Kiro? Another weird name. Was it japanese?
"Norah," I mumbled. "Nice meeting you."
The guy smiled wider.
"Come on, Norah. Let me show you the rest of the guys," Strify said, waving his hand. I nodded and followed him through the house, which had some people there, listening to obnoxiously loud music.
Erika and Kiro came along.
Strify had led me to what appeared to be the living room. There were three guys sitting on a couch, talking among themselves.
But, of course, they didn't look like any ordinary guys. They all had the same weird and androgynous style Strify and Kiro had.
One had black and red hair, which was cut a bit odd. One side looked shaved, and the other side was spiked up, giving off a punk vibe. He also had a lip piercing, just like Strify. Another guy had long and black hair, and he was wearing a dark black coat over the black shirt and pants.
Finally, the other one, had bleach blonde hair like Kiro's. He also seemed to be wearing extensions, from what I could tell.
As I placed all these boys together in my head, they looked pretty bizarre. Just as Strify had said.
"This is Yu," Strify introduced, pointing to the kid with black and red hair. "That's Shin and that's Luminor," He continued, pointing to the one with extensions and then the black haired one.
They all looked up and smiled at me.
"Hey," I greeted, just as awkwardly as I did with Kiro.
"Sup?" The boy known as Yu said.
"How do you do?" Luminor greeted, nodding once. He seemed like a serious guy. Very elegant. Very.....vampiristic. He was paler than anyone I'd ever seen in my life. And he had big, bright, shiny eyes, which were adorned with heavy eyeliner.
"Hello," Shin said timidly, before staring down at his hands.
I looked at Strify, who just smiled at me. Then he turned to the guys. "This is Erika's sister, Norah. She's here to watch us play."
"Cool," Yu said, smiling.
I bit my lip, and looked at all of them closely. "Um, why do you all have japanese names if your not japanese?"
For some unknown reason, this made all the guys burst out laughing, startling me half to death. Erika laughed at my apparently funny remark aswell.
I looked at them dumbfoundedly. "W-What's so funny?"
Kiro appeared next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "They're not our real names."
"Oh?" My brow lifted. "Why do you all use fake names?"
"Because they sound a lot cooler than our real names," Strify explained, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.
I narrowed my eyes. "Ooookayyy."
Kiro grinned. "She thinks we're weird."
Yu stood up from the couch. "Do we scare you?"
I scoffed. "No."
This made everyone laugh again.
"Come on, Strify. Let's go," Erika said, pulling him by the hand. Strify shot me a smile before disappearing off with my sister among the crowded living room.
I was now alone with these bizarre men.
"Here, sit down," Kiro offered, pointing to the couch. I simply nodded and obliged. Kiro sat next to me, while Yu sat on my other side. Luminor and Shin, however, seemed less interested in me, and continued talking to each other.
I placed my hands on my lap and stared around, watching a few people dancing with each other to the electronic music. Most people at that party were gothic. I spotted about five guys with crazy colorful mohawks and black lipstick. Most girls were dressed like dolls, what with all the tutu skirts and high heel mary janes and striped stockings.
"So you're Erika's sister?" Kiro spoke, resting his chin on his palm.
"Yep," I answered absent-mindedly.
"You don't look like her at all," Yu commented, making a funny face. The glistening of his lip piercing caught my eye.
"Yeah, well, I'm not even sure we're really related," I joked, receiving laughs from both of them.
"Are you into music?" Kiro then asked.
"Of course. It's what gets me through life."
Yu grinned. "Deep."
I shrugged and sat back, crossing my legs. "So....do you guys always dress like this?"
Yu and Kiro exchanged glances, before looking at me. "What do you mean?" Kiro questioned.
"No offense, but the outfits are a bit over the top."
Yu laughed and Kiro grinned widely.
"We like being over-the-top, little girl."
I smiled crookedly. "All the androgyny is sort of new to me. I've never met guys like you before."
"Oh, I love your words. Yeah, I'd imagine you don't hang out with people like us."
I raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"
Kiro rubbed his neck. "You just don't look like the type of girl who hangs out with freaks."
I looked at him strangely. "The only reason I don't hang out with people like you is because I've never met people like you. You're not freaks. Besides, I'm weird, too."
"Hmm, interesting," Yu said, tapping his chin with his index finger.
"Hey, Luminor, does this girl look weird to you?" Kiro asked.
Lumnior raised his head and shot me a look, which sent a few chills up my spine. Seriously, this guy was a zombie. Minus all the blood.
"Not in the least," He answered, a creepy smile tugging at the corners of his violet lips.
I laughed nervously. "I may look normal."
"Are you secretly a monster?" Yu asked, his eyes widening. "Because it'd be so cool if you were."
"Yu, stop asking dumb questions!" Kiro punched his shoulder. Yu let out a small yelp, making Shin laugh. Even Luminor.
Stirfy suddenly emerged between the crowd and came up to us. "Guys, these people wanna hear us play. Ready?"
All the guys' heads shot up and they smiled eagerly.
"Let's go. Come on, Norah," Kiro exclaimed, suddenly grabbing my arm and pulling me up off the couch. I let myself be dragged by him, as we all made our way across the room, to a corner, where there were instruments set up.
As we got closer, I noticed Erika already standing there with a plastic cup in her hand.
"Stay here," Kiro said in my ear. I nodded, smiling, and watched as all the boys walked up to their instruments.
Kiro picked up a bass guitar and pulled the black strap over his neck. Hm, Kiro's the bassist. He does look the type.
I also learned that Yu was the guitarist, Shin was the drummer, Luminor was the keyboardist and Strify, of course, was the lead singer. He fiddled around with the mic, before tapping it three times.
"1,2,3...testing, testing. Can anyone hear me?" Strify laughed, making everybody else laugh.
"God, he's so hot," Erika said, grinning wide. "You should hear him sing."
I sighed and stared admirably up at him. He looked beautiful in that light.
"We're gonna start off with one of my personal favorites. Escape To The Stars," Strify spoke seductively into the microphone. "This one's for you, Erika."
My heart sank. Why is it that my sister always has to have everything? Even the most beautiful guy in the world? Why is it that she always has all the luck in the world, while I end up the having the worst? Gah. Life was so unfair.
The boys began playing, and I immediately found myself bobbing my head along to the sound. It was amazing.
"I'm sick and tired of this so-called life without room to breathe..."
My mouth gaped open. His voice was just as beautiful as he was. It's like I was hypnotized by his melodic voice, leaking its way into my head. It just wasn't possible. It was too much perfection for just one guy.
"ESCAPE TO THE STARS! FEELING SO FREE, JUST YOU AND ME!" Erika sang along, waving her plastic cup in the air. I shook my head, laughing.
Then I looked over at them again, only to find Kiro dancing and mouthing the words to the song along with Strify. He saw me watching him and smiled big at me. I did the same.
He was a really nice kid and it seemed as though we sort of clicked. I was actually really glad Strify invited me to this party. I didn't regret lying to mom anymore. I didn't feel lost like I had thought I'd feel.
"ALL THAT WE NEED IS TO BELIEVE!" Strify yelled into the mic, while everyone raised their plastic cups in the air.
When they were done, I clapped my hands like crazy. I was already in love with this band. And I didn't even know their name. Stupid me. I should've asked sooner.
"Strify!" Erika called, running to him. She knocked down some random guy in the process, before throwing her arms around Strify.
I sighed out, and stood awkwardly between the people I didn't know. There were a lot of people making out with each other. I wondered how many of them had just met and decided to now hook up.
"Hey!"
I jumped a little, as I heard someone yell in my ear out of nowhere. I turned around, bewilderedly, and smiled, seeing it was Kiro.
"What'd you think?" He asked, clapping his hands excitedly. I laughed at his hyperness.
"I loved it."
"Really?" He grinned.
"Yeah. Hands down, my new favorite band. And hey, what is the name of the band, anyways?"
Kiro laughed out loud. "We're your favorite and you don't even know our name? Wow, you are weird."
"Told you," I said with a laugh.
Kiro threw an arm around me. "We're Cinema Bizarre, babe."
"Cinema Bizarre?"
"Yep."
"Cinema Bizarre," I mused. "That's like the most perfect name! It suits each of you perfectly."
He laughed. "Because we're just so bizarre?"
"Exactly." I nodded.
"We're gonna play some more songs. And this time, I want you real close to us. I could barely see you in the crowd."
I smiled. "Kay."
Kiro smiled back and dragged me once again. Erika didn't even see me, as she was too busy whispering God knows what in Strify's ear.
"Yo, Strify. On the mic," Yu called, strumming hard on his guitar, which made the loud sound echo throughout the big house.
Strify nodded to him and said something to Erika before walking back to his previous position in front of the mic. The boys talked among themselves for about ten seconds.
"Alright, this one's called Forever or Never."
Everyone clapped, as did I.
The song started off real slow before it turned out hardcore in the chorus part. I loved it. I saw how Shin headbanged while banging his sticks roughly on the drums, and how Kiro wouldn't stop dancing around with his bass attached to him.
As the night went on, I was having the time of my life. I was probably the only sixteen year old at that party. By now, I was more than comfortable being around all the goths and punks. They were nice people. I wished other people wouldn't be so quick to judge just based on clothing.
Cinema Bizarre was finishing playing their sixth song, which was called Dysfunctional Family. Each song they played, I was convinced was my favorite. But it was hard to choose just one favorite. I loved all of them. Strify's voice was heavenly. I could literally do nothing and just listen to it all day.
"We're taking a pause, my good people," Strify announced in the mic. "In the meantime, let's all sink into the mood of love. Yu, dear friend, put on a slow song for everyone to dance."
I laughed at Strify's way of talking.
Yu nodded and went over to the stereo, inserting a CD. Automatically, a slow song came on. I'd never heard it, but I was glad they decided to take things slow. I was so tired. I turned around and tried to find a place for me to sit.
I began walking toward an empty chair in the far corner of the living room, but was suddenly stopped by a hand grabbing my arm.
"Where you going, Norah?"
It was Kiro. He was wearing the same grin he wore during Cinema Bizarre's performances.
I breathed out. "I'm tired. I'm gonna sit."
He pouted. "But I was just about to ask you to dance."
I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at the short boy. "Really? Um, okay, then. One dance."
He nodded enthusiatically. "One dance. Let me do this properly, though."
I didn't know what he meant, as he released my arm. He brushed off his shirt and straightened his posture, before gesturing a hand in front of me. I looked at him strangely.
"May I have this dance, fair lady?"
I laughed. "Such a gentleman. Of course you may, kind sir." I took his hand and soon, his other hand was on my waist, pulling me closer to him. We swayed from side to side along to the music. At times, I found myself tripping on his feet and we both just laughed at my clumsiness.
"So," I said, my arms now around his neck, "What's your real name?"
Kiro snorted in laughter and looked down. "You don't wanna know."
"Then why did I just ask?" I laughed. "Come on. Tell me."
"Trust me. You don't wanna know."
I made a face. "Jeez, Kiro. Is it that bad?"
He laughed. "It is for me."
I sighed. "Promise I won't laugh."
He raised an eyebrow.
"Pwease?" I asked, bashing my eyelashes dramatically.
This made him burst out laughing. "Fine, fine."
"Yay."
He stuck his tongue out. "It's Kristian."
I slowed down. "That's it?"
He shrugged.
"Kristian? What the hell is so bad about it?"
"I hate it. It just doesn't suit me. Kiro is a lot cooler."
I giggled. "Well, if everyone's using fake japanese names, I might as well do the same."
"Norah's pretty, though. I wouldn't change it," He said with a smile, which made my cheeks burn red.
"Stop, you're making me blush," I teased, sticking my tongue out. He laughed. "Seriously, though. I have to find a really cool japanese name for myself. Got any ideas?"
He looked thoughful. "Um.........Emi?"
"Does it have a meaning?"
"Yeah, yeah. It means beautiful blessing."
I grinned. "Aww. Emi, huh? I like it."
"Kiro? Norah?"
We both turned around and faced a smiling Strify.
"Hey, Strify," I greeted, blowing some hair away from my face.
"Whatcha guys doing?" He asked, resting an elbow on Kiro's shoulder.
"What's it look like, man? I'm dancing with her," Kiro replied with a laugh.
Strify made a funny face. "Anyone see Erika? Can't find her."
I shook my head no. "Haven't seen her, Strify. Want me to help you look?"
Kiro huffed. "You gonna stop dancing?"
I laughed. "Come on, Kiro. Join us in this quest." I grabbed his hand and us three walked away from the crowded living room.
"She's probably in the bathroom," I said, once we searched the messy kitchen and found no trace of her.
"Right. Why didn't I think of that?" Strify said, shaking his head. "Be right back." And in a flash, he was gone. And I was still holding Kiro's hand.
I immediately let go, feeling myself blushing again. Gah, awkward.
Kiro just laughed. "Weirdo."
"Look who's talking, Mr. Lady Man," I joked, ticking his forehead.
He snorted in laughter. "That my new nickname?"
"You want it to be?"
"Sure."
I shrugged. "So be it."
He grinned. "You're fun. Like, the exact opposite of your sister. She's kind of.......uhh....."
"A bitch?" I laughed. "Yep, that's Erika."
"She and Strify seem to really be into each other," He stated, looking around. "You think they're in love?"
I coughed awkwardly. "Love? Nah. Erika's never loved a guy. I mean, I've never seen her with a serious boyfriend before. What are the chances of Strify being the guy for her?"
I might've rambled a bit and Kiro probably noticed because he looked at me suspiciously. "You don't think Strify's the one for her?"
"Honestly?" I shrugged. "No."
He nodded. "Hmm. Well, you probably know your sister better than anyone."
I shrugged again, and averted my eyes to the people slow-dancing with each other. I suddenly paused. "Kiro, what time is it?"
Kiro turned his head and walked further into the kitchen. "Um...12:45. Why?"
"Holy shit," I hissed. "I gotta get home."
"Why?" Kiro asked.
I shook my head. "Dammit, you think Strify found Erika yet? He needs to get us home," I said, before bolting out of the kitchen in search for my sister and Strify.
"Well, hey, I'll take you," Kiro suggested, following me.
"No, it's okay. I mean, your house is trashed. Imagine how long it'll take for you to clean it up?"
He shrugged. "It's no problem. My parents won't be home til Monday night. And besides, the guys will help me clean. They always do whenever we throw a party."
I sighed. "But I have to find my sister. I can't go home without her. My parent's will freak."
"Okay, okay. Let's go find her," He said, motioning for me to follow him.
We walked a while before Kiro stopped in front of a door, I assumed was the bathroom. He knocked twice, before saying, "Strify? You in there?"
"Yeah. Erika's kind of sick," I heard Strify say.
"Sick?" I called, pressing my ear against the door. Kiro gently pushed me aside before opening the door. My sister was leaned over the toilet, while Strify was next to her, holding her hair.
"Oh my God," I mumbled, rubbing my forehead. "Erika, how much exactly did you drink?"
Erika moaned into the toilet. "I-I don't know. I don't remember."
I rolled my eyes. "Do you realise what time it is? It's way past midnight. Mom and dad are going to murder us."
Erika pulled her head away from the toilet and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "Chillax, Norah. Strify'll get us home in no time. Just rela---owhhh!" Erika's head was suddenly inside the toilet again and she continued puking her guts out in front of Strify, who just gave her a sympathetic stare while holding her hair back.
"Come on, Kiro," I mumbled, tugging on his sleeve. "You don't need to see this."
Kiro followed me out of the bathroom, and once I had shut the door, I leaned against the wall.
"I can't believe this," I murmured, crossing my arms.
Kiro leaned next to me. "Is this your first night out without your parents knowing?"
I blew some air out of my mouth. "Yep."
"Hmm. I guess you're pretty new at this, then. Will your parents be too pissed?"
"I really think so. I don't do this sort of stuff, you know? I don't lie to my mom and sneak out of the house to go to some party."
Kiro smiled. "There's a first time for everything, right? I mean, think about it. Maybe your parents don't even notice your gone."
"I hope so," I said, staring up at the ceiling.
Kiro eyes averted to my face then to the ceiling. "How old are you, Norah?"
I bit my lip, hesitant. "Sixteen."
Kiro's eyes widened. "Seriously? Sixteen? Wow."
"What?"
Kiro shook his head. "Nothing. It's just....you look older. I mean, mature, you know?"
I laughed. "Me? Mature?"
He laughed also. "Whatever. I just think you're really cool."
This made me smile big. "Aww. Thanks. You're cool too, Mr. Lady Man."
"Ah, so the nickname catches on."
Abruptly, the bathroom door busts open and out came Strify, carrying my sister bridal style.
"Jesus. Erika, are you conscious?" I asked.
Strify laughed a little at my reaction. "She's fine."
"Yeah, yeah. I'm totally okay. Does my hair look bad?" She slurred, picking at a piece of her hair.
Strify smiled. "Not at all. Come on, let's get you in the car. Come on, Norah," He said, beginning to walk away.
"Uh, hey, Strify?" Kiro called. "I can take Norah, if you want. It's no problem."
I glanced at Kiro.
Strify raised an eyebrow. "Um, it won't really make a difference. They both live in the same house."
Kiro shrugged. "It's fine, really." Then he looked at me and smiled.
I smiled back. "Yeah. Take Erika and I'll go with Kiro. I'll just be one less of a problem."
Strify's eyebrows furrowed. "Um....okay."
Erika groaned. "Strify, please just take me home. I think I'm gonna pass out."
Strify held onto her tighter. "Okay, okay. Let's go." Then he continued walking through the crowd.
I looked at Kiro. "Thanks. It gets sort of awkward when I'm alone with them. I guess with you it's different."
He grinned. "Of course it is. I'm not the one dating your sister. Now let's get going before your parents find out that both their daughters are missing. I mean, if you get grounded then I won't get to see you anymore."
I laughed, as I followed him out the door of his house. He took some keys out of his pocket and walked over to a small, rusty old car.
"Nice ride," I commented, making my way over to the passenger's side.
"It's no Chevy Impala, but it gets me places," He said with a laugh before entering the car.
I strapped my seat belt on, and settled back in the seat. "I feel bad for Strify. The way my sister's shitfaced, she'll probably hurl all over his beautiful car."
"Eh, I bet he won't complain. He's too gentemanly for that," Kiro joked.
"I had a fun night," I said, resting my head back. "Best Saturday I've had so far."
"I'm glad. And best of all, you got to meet me and the rest of my bizarre clan."
I laughed. "True. Although, I think that Luminor guy doesn't like me very much."
Kiro made a face. "No way. Don't worry about him. He likes you, I'm sure. It's just...."
I looked at him. "What?"
Kiro shrugged. "He's just really quiet. And plus, you're not even remotely close to being his type."
I quirked a brow. "Is that supposed to make me feel better?"
He laughed. "Norah, he's gay."
I gave him a quizzical look. "Oooohhhhhhh."
"Yes, oooohhhhhh. He's got a boyfriend too, so don't go trying to snatch him."
"Oh, yeah, I'll try," I joked, making Kiro laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
The phone's on
Take a picture, we don't care ♥