You Wrote the Book on How to Be a Liar

Obviously

“Cami, they’re going to be here any minute to get me…” Dougie said, looking out the window of his living room. I nodded, trying to fight back the tears,

“I am going to miss you so much” I whispered to him. He pulled me close to him, and hugged me tight,

“I know, and I am going to miss you too” He said, as he stroked my hair. I felt a single tear run down my face, Dougie noticed it, “Please, don’t cry. I’ll visit Cam. Everything will be fine.” I bit my lip and nodded. He let go of me and walked over to the couch and sat down.

“I’ll be right back…” I said as I ran out of his house, and over to my own. I ran up to my room, and threw books off of my books shelf till I found what I was looking for, as medium sized black book. I tucked it under my arm and ran back over to Dougie’s house. When I got there, there was a blue mini parked in the driveway. Tom was outside talking to Dougie and Mrs. Poynter. Dougie saw me and walked over to me.

“What’s that?” he asked, referring to the book in my arms.

“It’s for you, obviously I had to get you something..” I said handing it to him, he took it from me and opened the cover; there was a picture of me and Dougie on the first day of school after we met. As he flipped through the pages he saw more pictures of me and Dougie. Dougie would smile and laugh as he looked through the pictures. He finally got to the last page, on it was a note. He read it aloud

“Dougie,

First off let me say congratulations. I am so happy for you. You are a brilliant bassist, and I know that you’re going to be amazing in this band.

You have honestly been my best friend, and I want you to know that. You have made my life so much more exciting, fun, amazing. Whenever I needed you, you were there. So, thank you.

You have know idea how much I am going to miss being able to see you everyday, but ‘it’s a small sacrifice for a brighter future’, a brighter future for you anyways…ha! Well, good luck! You will do amazing things…I know it!

Love Always,

Cam”

I looked up at him, and saw tears in his own eyes, he set the book down and pulled me close to him, and squeezed me tight.

“Thank you” he whispered.

“Anytime” I whispered back. He held me close, and I cried on his shoulder.

“It’s okay, it’ll all be okay” he whispered, but I could hear in hear in his voice, he was trying to hold back his own tears.

“I know…good luck Dougie” I said, pulling myself away from him, and wiping my eyes.

“Thanks” He said, smiling, as he turned around and walked to the car. Tom shook Mrs. Poynter’s hand and walked over to me.

“Don’t worry Cameron, I’ll take care of Dougie, make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble, and make sure the fame doesn’t get to his head.” He said to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Thanks” I whispered to Tom. He smiled at me and walked over to his car and got in. Dougie looked out the window at me and waved. I waved back. Tom backed out of the driveway, and drove out of sight.