Dante' s Muse

Image

So this is my first original fic. Not fanfic. Original.

This is something I just decided to post to see if anyone was interested. This first chapter doesn't really introduce the characters. It's just a bit of insight into Frank's mind (not Frank Iero. There are other Frank's in the world.) Because as I said, this is original.

Character descriptions and backgrounds:

Dante' : Meet Dante'. Pronounced Dawn-tay. Dante' is what we would call emotionally unstable. He is an artist, who knows no limits. He is the teacher of Frank's night art course. He also is crippled. When Dante' lived in Iran as a little boy, he suffered the unfortunate accident of stepping on a landmine, a cruel leftover from the wars that had been feuding around his homeland for hundreds of years. This accident left him with one arm missing, and a prosthetic leg. Dante' suffered miserably in his years in Iran, until this accident took him to a treatment hospital in America, where he later discovered his love for all art forms. Dante' is unhinged. He has severe abandonment issues. He may possibly be crazy. Maybe he just needs someone to suck into the chaos that rages in his mind...

Frank: Meet Frank. Frank is addicted to coffee. Frank is also an artist. He is taking night courses at RISD in Rhode Island while helping out his teacher, who goes by one name only, Dante', after classes in return for free tuition for this class. Frank has an obsession with death. Mainly the beauty of it and the peace it brings. He gets swept up into this whirlwind of Dante's chaos, surrounded by drugs, alcohol, and hallucinogents that make him see art on a new level. A level he never wanted to experience before. Dante's level of art is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time, and it sucks Frank into the suffering of what it really is to be an artist who has a past.

Because for some reason, Frank was chosen to be Dante's muse. And that entails a lot more than just sitting for a portrait.
  1. Desire
    Short. Meant to be an introduction of sorts.
  2. By Definition
  3. Observers of a Miracle