Fated Greeting

1/1

A gush of wind enter the room through the open window. It shakes the tables, flips pages, and blows hair away. The lights slightly blink, as another loud thunder erupts and disturbs the peace of the classroom.

Eleanor's head shot up; her wary eyes scan the room. She sits up straight, and begins to pay attention to what her teacher says. Somehow, sleepiness over comes her, and once more, her eyes shut close as she rests her head on her textbook.

Half an hour passes by quickly, and the bell rings. Her eyes blink open as she hears this loud sound. This was like an alarm clock for her. Except of course, for the fact that this was school. Not her home.

She quickly gathers her stuff, and stuff it inside her bag. She immediately joins the throngs of people all in a rush to get out of school.

She tries to make her way towards her locker, without bumping into any more people.

The loud trickles of rain droplets outside made her cautious. She had to get home before it continues to pour even more.

She opens her locker, and takes a couple of books out. She dumps them into her bag, and hurries along the hallway. Again, to join the huge crowd of people all heading home.

The wind strikes once more, making everyone fumble about. She holds her hair down, making sure that it doesn't become messy after wards.

"Eleanor! Darling!" Eleanor freezes as the familiar sound of that voice echoes through the hallway.

She pretends not to hear someone calling out her name, and continues to scurry along.

"Eleanor!" The voice screams out once more. Eleanor's eyes widen, and her pace speeds up.

"Not now, not now, not now," She chants to herself. She didn't want to face that problem now. She ran towards the exit doors, not caring whether or not she would bump into someone.

"Eleanor!" She heard her brother's cry for her name once more. She didn't want to talk to him.

After all these years, this is the only time he decides to visit? She thinks to herself. She hates the fact that her brother abandoned her, and left her to their selfish aunt.

She hurriedly ran in the pouring rain. She didn't care whether she was going to get sick. All she needs is the time to think for herself.

The droplets of rain starts to make loud noises as it meets the ground. Tears slowly start to prick at the back of her eyes.

No, no, no! I can't have a breakdown now! She screams towards herself, as she dashes across the parking lot.

Somehow, all those feelings built up inside her were expressed, and let out. Water starts to flow out of her eyes, and the tears wouldn't just stop.

She finally releases all of her things, and drops to the floor; letting herself cry her heart out. She sobs endlessly, not caring if people would mock her or make fun of her.

A gently hand lands on her shoulder, and she looks up.

"Are you alright?" A boy, about her age with golden brown hair, and hazel eyes, says quietly. He offers her his handkerchief, and smiles.

Eleanor wonders why it had suddenly stops raining. She looks up, and sees an umbrella being held up.

She wipes away her tears, and sobs. "Why would you want to help me? " She didn't understand why he actually did.

The boy laughs half-heartedly, as he strokes her cheek. "You seemed like you needed it." He flashes her his heart-warming smile, hoping that she wouldn't feel worried anymore.

Eleanor faces away from him, and folds her arms over her chest. "Well, I don't need it."

She sniffs, and turns away.

In the corner of her eye, there she saw her brother idly standing in exit staring wildly at her.

The boy turns her face towards his, as he lightly chuckles. "It's alright. Take it."

He opens her palm, and encloses the handkerchief in it.

"Thank you." She says, with a smile, as she hugs him.

"You're welcome," He says. "Just please stop crying." He strokes her cheek, and tucks her hair behind her ears.

"I will." Eleanor finally says, as she wipes the remaining tears from her face. She stands up, and offers her hand towards the boy.

He gladly take it, and they both walk away under the pouring rain.

Eleanor turns back to her brother, and smiles at him; hoping that maybe they would be able to talk a bit later.

She turns to the boy, smiles widely and says, "I'm Eleanor, by the way."

"I'm Wayne." The boy says, as he runs his hand through his hair.

He takes her hand in his, and a tear of joy falls from her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope it was good! Please comment, and tell me what you think!