Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Livin' On The Edge

Well the weeks dragged by and I was alone, with Axl and without Duff. I didn't talk to Axl, at all, instead I avoided him, or at least I tried my hardest too. It was early one morning when I got up, dressed and walked down the stairs, knowing that it was more than likely that Axl would be sitting in front of the TV which would be off or on the news channel. He'd say hi to me and then ask if I was going to give him the silent treatment forever. Of course me being the stubborn person I wouldn't answer and I would proceed into the kitchen to eat then when I came out Axl would be gone and we would continue our days respectively.

Today though Axl wasn't sitting on the couch, staring blankly at the TV, our car was gone and there was only a note on the counter. I stared at it for a moment before I hesitantly picked it up and read it.

Hey Rox, listen I know you're not going to give me the silent treatment forever but I couldn't afford to wait that long. I'm heading out to L.A. and I'm gonna try and make it big- for both of us. Duff called the other day, while you were out and we started talking; he said that he's already got a band partially made up, that they just need a singer. He also said that he sends all his love, and that he misses you like hell. Look for mine and Duff's names on screen someday; we'll make it big, I swear.
Love:
Bill.


I re-read the note a few times before the message finally got through to me. Axl/Bill whatever the hell you wanted to call him was gone; he just took off like our father had, except he had cared enough to leave me a damn note. Asshole. And Duff, that little . . . ugh, don't even get me started on that. How dare he do that, talk to Axl and not his girlfriend, no wait ex? From the way he had done that, I wasn't sure if I was going to see him soon, or ever again. Did I really want to go out with some guy that could for all I know be sleeping with other chicks? No, not really, and if Bill started to influence him, he probably would be sleeping with a lot of chicks, and I mean a lot!!! Ugh, so now of course because I was the girl I got left here in this shit hole ALONE. Axl said that they were going to make it big, yeah right. They would never make it big, at least around here they wouldn't, in L.A. though it was possible at least it was more possible then it was here. Duff. . well he could play the bass ok . . . he wasn't the greatest, actually that's a lie he was far from it, but Axl could sing, and I mean he could sing. So I guess that it basically was dependent on the music that they came up with, oh and the guitar and drum player, you might want to have half decent ones or they're could potentially be a problem. So logically speaking they might be able to make it big, but those chances were about fifty fifty but again it depended on what they were playing and all that jazz..

I stuck around home for a few weeks longer, just working and trying to make a little bit of money, there was no-way in hell that I was going to stick around this little shit-hole. I mean what reason did I have too? Axl and Duff were gone and they probably weren't coming back, and in this little place I probably wasn't going to get anywhere in life. So one day I just left, I hitched a ride with numerous truckers and a couple of groupies, claiming that I was a fan of whomever the hell they were fans of. I was headed for one place, L.A. Yeah it was a fat chance that I was going to meet up with Axl and Duff there but at least I knew that if they did make it big that it would be there first. Well my few dollars were spent really fast, on food, so that I had nothing, nothing at all, except for hopes and dreams. More than once while I was wandering in downtown L.A. - On the strip did I catch a brief flash of someone that looked like Axl or Duff. Key word they looked like Axl and Duff, but they weren't Axl and Duff. A few times I even swore that I head Duff and Axl's hoots of laughter. That shows you how wild my imagination was. Well it wasn't very long before I was begging on the street to survive, yeah that probably wasn’t my proudest moments in my life, but it was still one of them.

"Hey baby, you looking for a quick way to earn some easy money?" A voice called to me one day, a day that I probably wasn't ever going to forget no matter how much I tried too. That day it was dreary, and most of the city had hidden itself in doors, for some type of shelter and had decided that they're day would be better spent having sex and drinking then walking around, wait I'd rather be having sex and drinking then walking around so what the hell am I saying? I looked up from the cracked sidewalk to the person who was speaking to me. He was just a little shy of six feet, by maybe an inch or two and had dark brown hair, he had tried to go for the whole rocker look but couldn't quite pull it off the way that Axl and Duff had. His eyes were a startling green that didn't seem to hold anything, like you were staring into a dead man's eyes, or one who didn't have a soul. He had a smirk on his face, not a particularly nice kind either, more like the one that said "I know something that you don't know, and I'm not going to tell you." I gave him a confused look and pointed to myself, not sure it he was really talking to me. He nodded his head encouragingly as I looked around, hoping that maybe he had been talking to someone else. We were completely alone and all was silent except for the occasional whisper of the wind that would run through the trees and make the leaves rattle.

"It depends, what do you mean by a quick way to earn easy money? Quick and easy for you? Or for me?" I asked as my eyes narrowed in suspicion. His eyebrows knitted together in hesitation before he answered, like he was quite sure what he was going to say.

"It would be quick and easy for both of us I guess." He answered after a moment and then flashed me a failed attempt at a brilliant smile. Ah what the hell, whatever he had suggested couldn't be that bad could it? So what did I do? I gave him a flirty smile, twirled my finger in my hair leaned closer to him so my face was mere inches away from his face.

"So tell me what you had in mind." I said flirtatiously.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to get this part over with, it's not very good, and I'll try and update really soon, I promise. And I'd really like a few comments for this, I decided that this was more important then a science project.
Oh and LONG LIVE PUNISH PAD!!! It's the main reasong that I finished this, so you better thank it too.

Chapter Title
Livin' On The Edge
Big Ones
Aerosmith