Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Act Natural

Journal Entry
Date: June 5th 1985

LA wasn’t what it was supposed to be. That one little sentence basically described the whole experience. I mean it was what you expected of LA but it wasn’t at the same time. If that made any sense at all. Sure there was the flashing lights, the groupies, the bars. It was all it was cracked up to be. The same time it wasn't. The gang fights, the bar fights. The homeless people, the hookers. Sure LA had it's glamorous side, but like every city it had it's slums as well,and trust me I knew all about the slums.

The slums were the little shitty part of LA, were the hookers and drug addicts hung out. Unfortunately that's also where all of the little bands that were trying to make it big hung out, meaning that Axl and I hung out there. Axl hadn't changed in the few weeks that I had been gone, instead when he showed up he hugged me. Which was slightly strange, since the last time we saw each other I was running for my life.I introduced him to the rest of the band, not that it was a smart idea. We both quit that band the very next day.

Now we were with a bunch newish people I guess you could call it. There was two other guitarists not including myself. Both had black hair and were partial to hats, and of course both were shorter then me, but that might've had something to do with being 6'3 or something along the lines of that. One, who was the lead guitarist had super curly black hair, and I mean super curly. To me it looked like he was slightly coping the whole "Mick Mars" look but to each his own opinion. He had a weird name too if you asked me, Slash. The other guitar also had black hair but it was more shaggy and he had pasty white skin, an ... interesting combination since he was from Indiana. Which was where Axl was originally from. He wore a hat most of the time too. Not sure what exactly you'd call the hat, but it was a hat none the less, Izzy was his name. The drummer had poofy blonde hair and from what Slash told me he had crabs, so I sure as hell wouldn't be going near that fucker! He was the only one of us with a somewhat normal name. Steven, how boring could you get!

Long story short. Steven and Slash had been childhood friends, like Axl and I. They both left and came to LA like we did. Axl and Slash met up, became friends, Steven and I got dragged into the equation. Axl got pissed off, quit then proceeded to come back the next day with Izzy in tow. There you have it. How our pathetic little band was formed in two minutes.

Slash and Izzy were both heavy smokers. They smoke when we were playing, and when we were practicing and basically all the time. Axl and Steven rarely smoked, but the three of us were starting to get into it. Not a good thing, Rox was gonna kill me when she found out.

Bringing up Rox was like probing an open wound it was good for you but it hurt like fucking hell. I missed her so much. From what Axl told me when he got here she wasn't doing to well. Well she wasn't doing as well as she let on. She was doing the basics of course, eating, sleeping but that was about it, or that's what Axl told me. Chances are though it could just be Axl being a jerk and trying to make me feel bad for leaving Rox after she told me to leave. Also according to Axl he'd seen her around town with some other dude. Didn't know his name, and personally I didn't really care. I cared about Rox, not the son of a bitch that she was supposedly dating. Which she wasn’t, y’know how I know that? Because I was dating her, me and Rox had been together for god knows how long! And it wasn’t about to change, just because I had gone away for a while. Yeah I know I shouldn’t be saying this shit, because shit is exactly what it is. To be truthful, which I try to be just a few days ago I got hammered and slept with some chick. Not a good thing, I know but if Rox asks I never slept with ANYONE. Just like the smokes it never happened, and the alcohol, can’t forget about that shit too. Actually yes we can forget that shit, because seriously Rox would kill me.

Also according to Axl she missed me a lot, and hadn’t forgiven Axl for making me leave. He wasn’t the only one who got a laugh out of that.

Well that’s it, I’m done for tonight. I’m sick and tired of writing in this shit journal. Goodnight.

P.S. Axl showed me some material he wrote for his girlfriend, Erin or whatever the hell her name is, it looks not that bad considering to what else we’ve got. Maybe we can do this shit actually and make it.

-Duff.
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go. I think two months is long enought without an update. Don't you think so?

Chapter Title
Act Natural
The Beatles