Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Move To The City

Mine and Izzy’s little relationship went on for probably a month or so, maybe a little longer maybe a little shorter than that. He talked about his band for what seemed like ages but I never did manage to encounter them, actually that was a lie, I managed to catch a glimpse of them just once. Two blondes, a redhead and two black haired men, including Izzy, I didn’t manage to see their faces not even once which disappointed me. Not in that way but because the blonde and redhead, well they could’ve been Duff and Axl. They could’ve been but I guess that I would never know.

I won’t lie, I didn’t exactly drop my job the second I got with Izzy I just slowly kinda phased out of it, you may call that cheating on Izzy but I call that trying to make money, and hey eventually I stopped and got a job at some cheap little restaurant. I wore Duff’s necklace everyday and when Izzy asked about it all I said was it had been a good friend of mine and before he left he gave it to me. It’s not like I was lying. . . . completely to him.

“Rox, I have a question to ask you.” Izzy started as I unlocked the door to our shabby apartment. Izzy pulled open the door for me and let me go through before he walked through.

“Okaaay, shoot.” I said kicking off my shoes as he shut the door behind him. I waited a moment but he didn’t say anything so I turned to face him. “So are you going to ask me or are we just going to stand here?” I asked him as he chuckled. He smiled at me as I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands around my waist.

“We’re playing at the Troubadour tonight and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come and see us play? And then after you can finally meet the guys.” Izzy said looking at me.

“Sure that sounds awesome.” I told him then softly kissing his lips. “Now how about we have some fun?” I asked as I began unbuttoning his shirt.

“That sounds good.” He whispered back with a sexy smirk on his face.

***

“Rox what time is it?” Izzy asked me, I lifted my head off his chest and glanced at the bedside clock.

“Five thirty-three.” I answered as I put my head back down on his chest.

“You know what that means?” He asked as I looked at him cluelessly. “It means that we should probably get going.”

“Fine,” I muttered as I rolled out of bed and began to walk to the shower. I showered quickly and ran a brush through my dark red hair before applying makeup and letting Izzy shower. We left the apartment at around quarter to six and arrived at the Troubadour shortly after six.

“Here this is where we’re gonna have to separate, you’ll have to go and find somewhere to sit and I’ll have to go backstage, later I’ll come and find you.” Izzy told me, he kissed me softly on the cheek before dashing off backstage.

“Great.” I muttered to myself and I looked for somewhere to go, or something to do.

Guns N’ Roses, which was Izzy’s band, came onstage probably ten minutes after he went backstage. The guitarist with his curly black hair let the music flow out of his guitar. Everything seemed to be going good until I heard the singer’s voice.

“You pack your bags and you move to the city. There’s something missin’ here at home-“ I recognized that fucking voice, it was fucking Bill!!! I looked up onstage and saw my fucking brother dancing around screaming into that mic like a fucking retard, but you know what was the pathetic thing was? He didn’t sound half bad! If Axl was the singer, that meant that Duff couldn’t have been to god-damn far away. Eagerly I scanned the stage and sure enough in the corner standing beside Izzy was Duff. I had so many fucking emotions built up inside me at seeing those two again, especially Duff for the first time in a few years. I wanted to scream and yell at them and say Bill, Michael here I am, it’s Rox! But of course I couldn’t do that.

“Sometimes it gets to shitty c’mon and hit me!” Axl finished the song, then they faded out. Izzy said something to Duff who looked in my direction as they started up another song. I could see the hurt in his eyes when he looked at me, he didn’t reply to what Izzy had said he just nodded his head and kept looking at me. I bit my lip nervously before without thinking I turned and left, I pushed people out of my way and got to the exit.

I went back to the apartment nearly in tears. I packed a few things that I thought I would need before I opened up the safe where Izzy kept all the money, $300 that was all we had. I bit my lip before taking all of it and shoving it into my bag then I hunted down a piece of paper and a pen and wrote him a note.

Izzy I’m sorry for doing this to you but I don’t love you like that anymore. I’m so sorry, I had to take the money, I have none, I’ll find a way to pay you back one day I swear.

-Roxanne.


Then I left the note on our bed before leaving the apartment once and for all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Theres the update as promised!

Oh and did you know that Move To The City was actually the first song they wrote? And that Guns played there first show ever at the Troubadour and that the Geffen A&R Representives actually discovered them at that club.

Move To The City-Guns N' Roses