Sequel: Roxanne
Status: Completed.

Wasting Love

Fall For You

He never did answer my question, or even acknowledge that I had spoken. To say I was uncomfortable in the darkness was an understatement, I was perpetually terrified of the darkness and I clung to Michael's every movement like the life line that it was.

"You ok?" He asked after a few moments then shot me a worried glance.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him quietly then made an effort to give him a little room.

"That's not what I meant, Bill told me about what happened-" He started then pulled me closer to him as I swore and shook my head.

"Shit. Shit.Shit!" Why would be tell you?" I said loudly then tried to pull away from him.

"He didn't tell me everything. I knew something was wrong. I knew that something had been wrong for awhile." He replied quietly as I let out an anguished sob. "Come here." He murmured to me after a moment then pulled me into his arms where I buried my head in his chest as his arms snaked around me.

"I'm fine." I told him, my voice muffled. He didn't answer me instead just let his arms drop from around me.

"It doesn't matter anyways 'cause we're here." He replied and took a step back from me. It was the same beach that we had walked on to get there with the same brown sand and the same white speckled shells embedded in it. The only difference being that we were alone. Michael gave me a small smile as he saw me look around and wonder what was so special about this place.

"Come here and I'll show you." He said, almost as if I had spoken the words out loud. He gestured for me to come closer to him. With a mischivious smile I shook my head and gestured for him to come closer to me. He laughed at that but obeyed and wrapped his arms around me. "Do you see it?" He asked after a moment.

"See what?" I answered with another question and looked around. It wasn't a special place, behind us was a clifff and trust me it wasn't a special cliff.

"Your looking the wrong way." He said with a laugh then pointed out towards the ocean. I looked out to the darkness and Michael moved his arms and took a step back, away from me. Immeditly panic overwhelmed me, darkness did not bring back good memories. "Turn around silly." His voice called from behind me. Instantly I spun around and bit my lip nervously. I felt two arms snake around my waist and pull me up again Michael's chest then he pressed his lips against mine. The kiss only lasted a moment before he pulled away from me and smiled. Now out of the course of actions that had happened that night it was defintly the most unexpected, I gave him a small smile. "How was that?" He asked, still smiling.

"I don't know it was over too fast." I replied with a laugh.

"Well here, how about this?" He replied then kissed me again. It still only lasted a few moments more then the first one had. His lips gently brushed against mine before this time I pulled away and smiled at him. "How was that?" He asked again as he pulled me right up against his chest, so that I could feel his heartbeat.

"Better." I told him with a laugh and rested my head on his shoulder.

"We should probably go." He whispered in my ear making me look up in surprise.

"You can I'm not." I answered with a shake of my head.

"C'mon Rox you can't stay out here all night by yourself." He told me and he pushed me away then grabbed my hand.

"Duff I'm not going back there especially when Bill's out, I don't want it to happen again." I whispered to him my voice firm yet soft at the same time. He shook his head then let out a sigh.

"Alright fine how about we leave here but you don't have to go home?" He suggested looking at me with a hopeful expressioon on his face.

"Fine as long as I don't have to go home." I replied icily from beside me I though I heard him give a sigh of relief but then again I wasn't sure of what I heard. We walked back to where the campfire was. It was still going strong and they were still sitting and talking, we didn't stop and chat but instead walked by invisable by the darkness of the night.

"Hey Bill where'd you're sister go?" One of the guys asked just noticing that we had left, beside me Michael let out a snicker.

"She took off with Duff." He answered, that earned laughs from everyone including both Bill and Cindy. I rolled my eyes while beside me Michael let out a chuckle.

"Here c'mon let's go before they see us." He whispered to me, I nodded my head in agreement and we continued walking. We walked for a few minutes along the beach before turning and walking up the well beaten path that would take us to one of the many roads.

"Thanks for inviting me to go to the beach party with you." I said shyly as we stopped outside of my house.

"You're saying thanks to me? I should be saying thanks to you! I'm glad you came!" He told me with a laugh. The lights downstairs were still on. "Well." He said looking at me and letting go of my hand. This was the moment I had been dreading all night,

"Well what?" I asked, taking a step closer to him and wrapping my arms around him.

"Well I should probably go." He said quietly, gazing into my eyes, I shook my head as he wrapped his arms around me as he let out a tired sigh. "Rox, I can't stay here all night and neither can you. We'll both freeze."

"So? If we can't stay outside then why don't you come in?" I told him with a smile. His eyes widened in shock and he shook his head.

"No I can't. Bill would kill me if he found out." He replied, trying to ignore the pleading expression that lay upon my face.

"So? Who says that Bill has to know?" I asked, earning an incredouls look from Michael.

"No! There's no way we're gonna do that! Especially if we're not telling Bill!" He said shooting down my idea the instant it left my mouth.

"Just for a little while please!?" I begged then put my head on his shoulder. "Please?" He let out a stifled groan.

"Fine, just for a little." He agreed after a delayed pause. I could hear the relunctance that seeped into every corner of his voice. "And I mean only for a little while." He said sternly looking at me.

"Fine for a little while." I replied lifting my head off his shoulder and looking him straight in the eye.

"Well then let's go." He said quietly taking a step away from me and turning towards the front door. I almost let out a laugh at that, I mean he actually expected us to walk in the front door.

"Wrong way silly." I told him with a laugh, he turned around and gave me a confused look until he watched me scamper up the tree.

"You've gotta be kidding me." He sad watching me clamber up the tree with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

"C'mon hurry up and don't bullshit me because I know you've done it before." I called to him then crawled through the window.

"Fine." He muttered then climbed up after me. It took him a few minutes longer that it had taken me but sure enough he did manage to climb up. And within five minutes he was standing in front of me in Bill's room. "Well?" He said as he looked around the room until his eyes landed on me.

"Come on." I said taking his hand and leading him out of Bill's room across the hall and into mine. My room was pretty small and the basic bed, and a drawer. Truthfully it wasn't my room, hell it wasn't my house, it was our step-fathers the man who we had to live with since our oh-so-delightful mother had ditched us so to speak. Downstairs I heard a door slam shut and I almost jumped in fear.

"Hey you ok?" Duff asked as I let go of his hand and sat down on my bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied as he sat down beside me.

"Your lying I can tell." He said to me then wrapped his arms around me. At first I resisted but then he started to stroke my hair and pull me close and before I knew it I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
There ya go.
This is to my one reader who asked me very nicely to put up the next chapter.
So what do you think happens next? Does Bill find out? Did Michael leave during
the night?? WHAT?
Oh and I am very sorry to whatever spelling/grammer errors they're may be my computer
freezes whenever I start up spell check and I don't have microsoft word.

Chapter Name:
Fall For You- Secondhand Sernade