Paper Stars

one of one.

Golden rays of light shining with pinks and oranges across the faded yellow-green grass. The sky lighting up the faces of the gloomy workers making their way home. A young girl sat in the middle of an empty field, watching as they rushed home past the busy streets completely oblivious to the girl’s existence. Her eyes were sparkling and a mischievous grin spread across her face.

When the sun finally sets and the stars are in the sky, the young girl, with the paper stars for eyes set about her journey for another night, catching the sparkles in her eyes and stealing the magic and the moonlight from everywhere she could. She spends her days watching the world go by and her nights travelling across the fields to a new destination where the magic is still alive.

She reached into the sky and took a deep breath, reaching closer to the magic that was keeping her breathing. The stars sparkled in her eyes, and she was filled with hope for another night. But magic soon fades away and in the morning, when the sun comes out, the paper stars fall away and all she can do is whisper “Paper stars, please come back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.
Just a short drabble, first thing I've actually managed to write for a long time.
Concrit would be lovely.
This is also dedicated to one of my best friends, Laura, because she has supported me wonderfully during a difficult period of my life.