Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 21

Half an hour later I stood in the doorway, grinning, as Alec walked up behind my dad, whispered something in his ear, and kissed his cheek. Dad flushed red and turned to glare at me.

“You didn’t!”

I laughed.

“I sure did.”

He groaned.

“You have got to stop showing that DVD to everybody. That was me at my worst. And Alec, that was honestly the lamest line ever. ‘Trust me?’” He laughed. “You guys have no idea how much shit Gerard and I put up with after that. Fangirls left, right and centre.”

Alec grinned.

“To the contrary. You forget you’re talking to someone who knew you then. That was you at your best and most hilarious.”

Dad groaned.

“Why did you have to remember all that shit?”

Alec laughed.

“Ooh, memory lane!”

He sat down beside my dad and hugged him.

“Remember the day you came home and announced you and Jamia were engaged? We all thought you had broken up! And the time you scared Kevin shitless. And when you flew Katie over from Oregon! And the day you told us Jamia was pregnant!”

I grinned.

“Me!”

“Yeah, you. Do you know, Frank’s first thought was to leave Jamia.”

“What? Dad!”

He went red.

“Not true. My first thought was not to leave your mother, my first thought was ‘Oh my god, what the fuck have I done?’”

“Nice to know I’m that wanted Dad, thanks.”

I turned to leave and he stood up, caught me around the waist and pulled me onto his lap.

“You know I love you. Jamia and I knew we were going to have kids some day, we just didn’t think it would be so soon. I would never have left her. I was thrilled from the moment she told me.”

Gerard cleared his throat. Dad whipped around.

“Where the fuck did you come from?”

Gerard grinned.

“It’s called a door. Anyway, as I recall it...”

He put his head back and thought a moment.

“Our conversation went something like this:
You told me Jamia was pregnant. I said ‘Oh, brilliant,’ and you said ‘No, no, not brilliant, I don’t know, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, I don’t know, is it? I don’t know!’”

I fell off the couch, I was laughing so hard. Gerard grinned widely and lifted me back onto my feet.

“Aren’t you lucky, Alecsandra, that you have five dudes who knew your father at the height of his fame?”

I held up a finger warningly and he laughed.

“Well there’s got to be something to differentiate between the two of you.”

“Yeah, but not my full name.”

Dad laughed.

“Do you have any idea how insulting it is to have given someone a name and have them decide they don’t like it?”

Alec laughed.

“But Alec is a cool name!”

I grinned and high-fived him.

“Damn straight!”

James and Mikey walked in. Dad turned around.

“Where do you all keep coming from?”

Mikey rolled his eyes.

“You seem to have forgotten we all have spare keys.”

James kissed me by way of hello. Alec stared at us.

“Are you two... like... you know... together?”

I nodded. He laughed.

“Oh, this is so brilliant! See, I told you, Mikey, if Iero and Way didn’t get together through Frank and Gerard, the next generation would take care of it.”

Mikey rolled his eyes and shook his head resignedly.

“This is my son you’re talking about here. Much as Frank and I bet on it, we don’t like seeing it displayed in front of us.”

I giggled.

“We’ll take it out of sight, then, shall we?”

Dad looked up.

“No! On second thoughts, stay here where we can keep an eye on you.”

James laughed and pulled me onto the couch beside him, where we proceeded to kiss noisily.

Dad clapped his hands over his ears and ran out of the room as we laughed.

**Author's Note: There IS no author's note!

Except:

Thanks to Days_News, Critical_Lemon and Bellkura, for commenting. Thanks guys!**