Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 24

I closed my eyes and leaned against James. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon, and we were sitting on my bed in the sunlight. James picked a few notes on my guitar.

“This thing is so damn cool.”

I laughed.

“That’s the third time you’ve said that.”

“I know, I just can’t get over it. It’s like... blinding.”

I nodded sleepily. There was a slight noise as James put the guitar down. Then he sat back against the wall and pulled my head into his lap.

“Have I told you today how beautiful you are?”

“No.”

“Well, you are. Very much so.”

There was a knock on the door.

“Come in!”

The door opened slightly and there was Alec. He laughed.

“Déjà vu.”

“Huh?”

He sat down beside me.

“I remember a similar scene with Frank and Jamia. They were sitting just like that. Then they told me they were going to have sex and I ran away screaming.”

I laughed.

“Tell us more about our parents, Alec. They won’t tell us anything.”

He rubbed his hands together.

“Ooh, this ought to be good. Well, there was the time Mikey set off mousetraps on Gerard’s birthday... There was Christmas where I got high on chocolate, Jamia was hormonal and Frank skived off helping with Christmas lunch... There was that time Mikey used Ray’s anaesthetic toothpaste...”

I laughed so hard I fell off the bed. James giggled and pulled me back up. Then Dad yelled from the lounge and Alec stood up to go.

“I shall leave you two to yourselves. Have fun!”

As he shut the door, I stretched back on the bed and closed my eyes.

“It’s a sleepy kind of day...”

James wriggled close to me.

“Then sleep.”

I smiled.

“I’m way ahead of you...”

**Author's Note:

Thanks to Days_News and Friday; I'm In Love. for commenting.

There will probably be another chapter up tonight.

Oh, and I just put up another story, You're Not in this Alone, which I did for an English assignment. It will tie into this one, it's sort of a side-story. Anyways, you might want to read it.**