Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 32

“Alec! It’s time to go!”

I sighed and nodded before turning back to Cari.

“So this is goodbye.”

She nodded.

“Goodbye it is.”

“Alec!”

“I’m COMING, Dad!”

Cari smiled.

“It’s been fun meeting you. And my cousin is going to die when she hears I’ve met your dad.”

I grinned. Then a thought struck me.

“Do you have MSN?”

“Of course.”

“Brilliant.”

I felt around in my pocket and found my last plane ticket, crumpled up. I pulled it out and tore it in two.

“Got a pen?”

“Do I look like the person who carries a pen on them all the time?”

I grinned and ran back inside the hotel, dragging her with me to the reception desk.

“Hi. Can we borrow a pen?”

The lady nodded and handed me a pen. I quickly scribbled my email address on one half of the ticket, then handed the pen over to Cari so she could write hers.

“Alecsandra, if you do not get your ass out here right now we’ll leave you behind.”

I grinned.

“Yay! Can I stay with you, Cari?”

She laughed and shook her head, handing me her email address and propelling me out the door.

“Bye Alec!”

I turned around and hugged her.

“Bye Cari.”

She looked away and sniffed.

“B-Bye.”

Then she smiled, even through the tears in her eyes.

“Now get in that taxi. And when you get home, be on MSN as much as you can. I’m gonna miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too.”

She grinned and pushed me into the taxi.

“Bye Alecsandra.”

I gave her the finger and she laughed.

“Nice meeting you too!”

“Ha ha, bye Cari!”

“Bye!”

I waved as the taxi pulled away. Then I sat back and glanced at James, who was barely containing his laughter.

“What?”

“A farewell of Titanic proportions.”

“Shut up!” I punched him in the arm. He poked me in the ribs.

“You know...” he stopped. I looked at him curiously.

“What?”

He shook his head. Alec, on the other side of him, leaned forward and grinned at me.

“What he’s trying to say is he wants you weeping like that on his shoulder whenever he leaves.”

James turned bright red.

“I do not!”

I gasped, acting offended.

“You don’t?” I sniffed, “you don’t love me!”

He slipped his arm around my waist.

“Of course I love you, Alecsandra! I love you so much you’re not going to kill me for calling you Alecsandra!”

“Wanna bet?”

“No.”

I laughed and patted him on the head.

“Good boy.”

He grinned and kissed me. Dad reached over from the front seat and clicked his fingers in front of our faces.

“Save it, you two.”

“Nah, fuck off, Dad.”

He gasped.

“What did you just say? I’ll box your ears!”

I grinned at him.

“What, and get arrested?”

He scowled and pinched my ear.

“That’ll have to do.”

I rubbed my ear.

“That hurt.”

“Damn right it hurt. You’re lucky I didn’t wash your mouth out with soap.”

I stuck my tongue out.

“Don’t tempt me, Alecsandra.”

I buried my face in James’ neck and made whimpering noises. He patted the back of my head.

“Poor baby.”

Dad sighed and turned around to face forward.

“You two are never going to leave each other alone, are you?”

“Nope.”

It looked almost like Dad was smiling, but he was facing away from us, so it was hard to be sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Wow... this has been my longest hiatus ever. 19 days...

All I can say is: number 1, my brother was constantly on the other computer where this was saved and I only got a chance to email it across today, and 2, I've been working on my book.

Yeeeeah...

Anyway, thanks to mcrvicky and Bellkura for commenting.

And yeah. There will be regular updates from now on. Cross your fingers and hope.**