Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 40

I came out of school late one afternoon after spending half an hour talking to Mrs Arbelle. The playground was deserted. But as I walked towards the gate, something caught my eye by the old storage sheds. I ducked back behind the building and peered around the corner. James was leaning against the side of the shed talking to... Alana! I almost gasped out loud. She was the last person I expected him to be talking to. My opinion of Alana had not improved since I met her, and I was sure James shared my dislike. Obviously not, though, talking like that. He looked completely at ease, and as I watched, he tilted his head slightly to the side... and kissed her. The whole world stopped around me. All I could hear was my own heart pounding, which surprised me a little as it felt like it had just shattered into a thousand pieces. James, my James, kissing Alana! And his hands were on her chest! I turned and ran for home. Dashing up the steps, into the house, slamming the door and throwing myself facedown on my bed screaming. Thirty seconds later there was a soft knock on the door.

“What?” I yelled.

I heard the door open and felt someone sit down next to me on the bed.

“What’s wrong?” said Alec’s voice.

It was a moment before I could control myself enough to do anything other than scream. After a few minutes, I turned my head so I could breathe.

“H-h-he k-kissed h-her.”

Alec placed his hand on my head, brushing my hair back from my face so he could see my eyes. He looked confused.

“What?”

“James a-and A-Alana. He kissed her!”

“Oh.”

He patted my head softly.

“Can we tell your dad? He’s worried, he thinks someone’s been murdered the way you were screaming.”

After a moment I nodded, and he got up and left. A few minutes later he returned, closing the door behind him. Then he sat back down beside me.

“Poor you.”

I sat up with a sniff. My face felt hot, so it was probably all red and blotchy. There was nothing I wanted more than to die right at that moment. I held out my arms, and Alec hugged me, letting me cry.

“Cry it out. You’ll feel better once you’ve vented some frustration.”

A little while later, when the tears had subsided, we heard voices in the kitchen.

“She doesn’t want to see you!”

“Frank, it’s a mistake! Let me through!”

Alec patted me on the back and stood up.

“Dry your eyes. Blow your nose. Don’t let him see you weak.”

And with that he walked out. I wiped my face and took a deep breath as the door opened.

“Alec.”

“Hello James,” I said coldly.

“Alec, what did you see?”

“I saw you kissing her.”

“No! You’ve got it wrong!”

“Oh really? So my eyes deceived me and you weren’t kissing Alana?”

“No!”

“What happened then?” My voice was still cold.

She kissed me.”

I folded my arms.

“Really? Then how do you explain feeling her up?”

He stared at me for a moment, open-mouthed.

“I’m sorry, are you serious? Feeling her up? You- that’s crazy! You know me, I would never do that!”

“Well, yeah, I thought I did know you. But then you go and do something like this, and I have to wonder.”

“Alec, this is stupid!”

“Stupid, am I? Stupid? Yeah, I must be, to ever go out with a cheating creep like you!”

“Wha- Alec!”

“No! Shut up! That’s it, it’s over. We’re finished. Get out.”

He stared at me for a moment. He took a step backwards, tears in his eyes. Then he turned and ran out of the room. And I flung myself down on my bed and cried until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
**MUAHAHAHAHA!

O_O *Le gasp* OMG! What gon' happen now???

Dramadramadramadrama

Yesh.

Thank you mcrvicky for commenting. I shall take into account your suggestion. I had planned to do that anyway, so you have confirmed that I'm doing the right thing storyline-wise. It's good to have feedback like this.

XD Anyways... What do you think should happen now? I'm not running out of ideas. To the contrary, I am bursting with them. I just don't want to overwhelm you with too much drama at once.**