Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 45

I met up with Cari at morning tea. As she came out of her classroom with Alana, I grabbed her by the shoulder.

“Cari, I need to talk to you.”

She nodded and turned to Alana.

“I’ll see you in English, okay?”

Alana smiled sweetly at me, then shrugged.

“Okay. Bye, Cariad!”

I dragged Cari around the corner.

“You poor thing. How was your morning?”

She blinked at me.

“Um, why is it so important for you to know how my morning went? It was fine. And why poor me?”

“Because,” I hissed, “that girl is Alana Morgan.”

She nodded slowly.

“Am I supposed to be shocked by this piece of information?”

“Tell me, Cari: what is your impression of Alana?”

She shrugged.

“I dunno... she’s nice.”

“Wrong! That is the girl that James kissed!”

She clapped her hands over her mouth.

“Oh my god! No way, she seems so nice!”

“I know. It’s all just an act. That’s the bitch who stole my boyfriend.”

She glanced around, then leaned closer and whispered, “want me to beat her up?”

“No!” I hissed. “That’s the last thing I want. We don’t need you getting in trouble on your first day here. Incidentally,” I added, “how long are you here for?”

“Six weeks.”

“Brilliant!” I exclaimed.

“Hey Cari, ready for class?”

I glared over Cari’s shoulder.

“Get lost, Alana.”

“Hey, hey, I’m just being nice. Cari needs someone to show her around. Ooh!” she added to Cari, “you know the English teacher, Mr Marshall? I can tell you some stories about him, he’s told me lots.”

“I bet you don’t know as many as I do,” I said loudly.

Alana turned to face me with a smirk.

“Oh yeah?” she said.

“Oh yeah,” I replied. “I mean, the guy does only live in the same house as me.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Yeah right,” she said, “that’s real likely. Stop bragging, Alecsandra.”

I snarled.

“It’s Alec, you bitch.”

She tossed her head.

“Right,” she said. “Come on, Cariad, it’s time for class.”

“No,” said Cari.

Alana turned to face her.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“No,” repeated Cari. “I’m not going to class with you. I’m going with Alec. You wanna know why? Because you’re a bitch.”

“Why don’t you go hang out with Laura?” I added, “she’s your type. Oh no, wait! Even she is out of your league.”

And with that, Cari and I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
** Ohmigod! It's been more than a month since I've updated. I'm sorry. I didn't forget you, I've just been real real busy. In fact, the only reason I'm updating now is because I'm home alone sick. Maaah I hope I'm better by tomorrow. I have two birthday parties to go to!

Thanks to my loyal five: Critical_Lemon, music is life, mcrvicky, cariadCLICHE and Bellkura.

The next chapter will cover Alec's gig. Any songs you think they should play?**