Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 54

I begged off sick at lunchtime, and after a truckload of sympathy from the gullible nurse I ran home. Bursting through the front door, I saw Dad sitting at the table.

“Dad!”

He looked up, surprised.

“Sweetie, why aren’t you at school?”

I sat down beside him.

“Didn’t you hear? Alec’s been arrested!”

He patted my head.

“Of course I heard, I was the first person they called.”

“But- but- why? What’s going on?”

He sighed.

“Some petty man is trying to frame your brother.”

I blinked at him for a moment, but he didn’t seem to realise what he’d said. After staring out the window for thirty seconds, as if trying to find the gentlest way to put it, he sighed again.

“He has been arrested on charges of paedophilia.”

“What?” I jumped up. “No way! Not Alec!”

He motioned for me to sit down.

“I know, I know. You know as well as I do there’s no truth to it, because... because... well, he’s been accused of paedophilic activities with, well, you.”

I sat there, stunned. Then I laughed.

“This is a joke, right?”

He shook his head.

“Some petty, small-minded person who hasn’t thought this through is just trying to fuck up our lives.”

I stood up and started pacing.

“But, all they need is for me to say it’s not true, right? Then they’ll let him go!”

“I wish it were as simple as that, sweetie, but unfortunately it’s not. They must have something they could construe as proof. We just need to know what...”

The telephone rang. I jumped up to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Alec?”

“Alec!”

“My god, I can’t believe this. They-” there was a muffled noise on the other end of the line, the Alec sighed. “Okay, can you put me on to Frank?”

I handed the phone to Dad.

“Alec! How are you, what’s happening? ... Mhm... Yes... I told her, yes. I know, I know, but we just- Hello? Hello?”

He stared at the dead receiver in his hand, then passed it to me so I could hang it up.

“I don’t know what to do...”

He slumped forward and rested his head on his arms.

“That boy...”

He turned his head slightly to look at me, a slight smile on his face.

“He’s more trouble than he’s worth.”

I sat down at the table.

“I have been researching.”

Mum looked up, bouncing Julia up and down on her lap.

“What have you come up with?” she asked eagerly.

I spread the papers over the table.

“The sick bastard behind this whole thing is none other than one Neville Dean.”

“Neville Dean?”

I looked up at her, meeting her gaze evenly.

“My new teacher.”
♠ ♠ ♠
**BANG! Mr Dean is TRULY evil.

Thanks to Bellkura, loveACTUALLY and MissMikey! (Yay new reader *does happy dance*)

Ha-HA! Now which way should I take this plotline, HMMMM? Tell me, tell me, do.

("A fish, a fish, a fishy, ohhhh." If you are going WTF, go watch The Middle of the Film in The Meaning of Life, then apply that voice to my last sentence.)

Anyways.

In regards to the "Writing Guidelines," I do not mean they are crap and should not be applied. I mean it is crap that the Mibbadmin think they need to be Nazis and enforce them like this. Removing a story because someone formats their paragraphs weirdly? Get the fuck over yourselves. Even if it's really cringe-worthy, don't remove the story, just dump it in The Bucket of Shame.

My rant is over. I am scared of my account getting deleted if I speak out too much. I will conform to the oppression, even though Mibbians are losing the freedom we came to this site for. (Nazis.)

DubDub**