Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 67

~*Alec’s Point of View*~

I leaned on the kitchen counter, watching Melanie as she cooked dinner.

“Mel?”

“Yeah?”

“You know how I lived in Michigan for thirteen years, thinking I was someone else?”

She pushed her hair out of her eyes and nodded.

“Well, er, my parents- I mean, Alex’s parents- are coming to stay.”

She dropped the spoon she was holding.

“They’re what?”

I held up the letter in my hand.

“They just wrote and announced that they intend to come stay.”

She frowned.

“How did they get our address?”

“They didn’t. They have Frank’s address, because when I told them I was going to New Jersey, that was where I told them I would be staying. Frank got this yesterday. And they’re arriving...” I checked the letter, “on Thursday.”

Melanie stared at me.

“Thursday? This Thursday? But our wedding’s on Saturday!”

“Shit, I know, Mel, but what can I do? They were my parents for thirteen years. I mean, they were never really my parents, but I thought they were. And they were good parents. Stan dropped me off on my first date with Louise Eagle. Marian comforted me when Jeff Hobson de-pantsed me in front of the whole school. Then Stan went and yelled at Jeff’s dad. Ha ha, he made him cry like a baby-”

“Alec.”

“Oh, right, sorry. Anyway, I can’t say no to them. It would be like saying no to Frank. And who could say no to Frank?”

She bit her lip, hesitant. I tried puppy dog eyes.

“Doesn’t work on me, Alec.”

I leaned forward.

“I’ll make it up to you,” I whispered.

“Sold!”

I laughed.

“You know you can’t resist this.”

“Yeah, well, I consider that a promise, and you know I’ll hold you to it.”

“Baby,” I said, “you don’t even need to ask.”
♠ ♠ ♠
**Blaaaaaargh.

I'm sorry this is so short, I'm not in much of a writing mood today. This is just filler, to satisfy my need for comments.

And you're probably going to go "that is so not like Alec." But it is. It's the side of him you don't see. Because up till now, you've only seen him through Alecsandra's eyes. And, of course, as a kid, but that doesn't count.

Thanks to Bellkura and Critical_Lemon.

Comments are like crack to me. Feed the addiction.**