Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 74

~*Alecsandra’s Point of View*~

Once Matt was out of hospital, there wasn’t long left until James went to California. On the first of December, James’ 16th birthday, we played our final gig.

“Hey guys!” I yelled at the crowd. They screamed and cheered. In the two years we had been playing, we had quickly become very popular in our home town.

“This is going to be our last performance together as the Invisible Invasion,” I said. “Tomorrow, our lead guitarist, James, is going to California.” This was greeted by a storm of boos. “I know, I know,” I said, “It’s very sad. Given as James won’t be here any more, we’ve decided not to carry on as the Invisible Invasion.” It was true – we’d realised we were each one-fifth of the band and without one of us the other four wouldn’t work. In the few short months she’d been playing with us, Cariad had given our music such a new sound that we’d decided she was indispensible.

We played the songs with such passion that the crowd was screaming along. Then, as the second-to-last song finished, James stepped up to the microphone.

“This song is not by us. It’s by a swedish band called Basshunter, and we’ve been rehearsing it for the past few weeks. Alec actually didn’t like it because she thought it was an instrumental. What she doesn’t realise is we’ve just never sung the lyrics around her.”

He grinned. I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. What game was he playing?

I gave you a part of me
When life was free
The love was inside of us
But I let it be

Now I see what a fool I've been
And I feel what it means
To send you away like that
And never hold you again!

You're in my eyes, in my head
In my soul I feel you there!
Alecsandra, light this world again, woah

All my nights, everyday
I've been calling out your name
Alecsandra, life got right again
Life got right again!

I gave you a part of me
When life was free
The love was inside of us
But I let it be

Now I see what a fool I've been
And I feel what it means
To send you away like that
And never hold you again!

You're in my eyes, in my head
In my soul I feel you there!
Alecsandra, light this world again, woah

All my nights, everyday
I've been calling out your name
Alecsandra, life got right again
Life got right again!


By the time the song finished I had tears streaming down my cheeks. I had complained about that song at every rehearsal, saying instrumentals didn’t fit with our style, but the others had insisted. Now I knew why.

James came over to me and hugged me for a moment before kissing me, causing the crowd to cheer and whistle.

“I love this girl!” he yelled to them, pointing down at my head (it still annoyed me how much taller than me he was) “and I’m going to miss her so much! I want to all to scream your loudest for the beautiful, wonderful, incredible Alec Iero!” They screamed so loud it almost deafened me. James kissed me again and then yelled into the microphone, “WE ARE THE INVISIBLE INVASION, FOR THE LAST TIME, GOODNIGHT!”

As the lights went down, he led me offstage. When the others had gone through to the dressing rooms, he pinned me against the wall and kissed me with more force and more passion than I could ever remember him doing in the past.

“Don’t leave,” I whispered.

“I don’t want to,” he whispered back in between kisses, “but I have to.”

I clung onto him as he picked me up and carried me out into the corridor leading to the dressing rooms.

“It’s okay,” he said. “We’ll survive.”

He kissed me one more time and went into the male dressing room. If this was what it felt like with just a door between us, what was it going to be like with a whole country?
♠ ♠ ♠
**Yes, this chapter made even me go "awww," and me being the ice queen I am, that must be pretty hard to do.

The song they're playing is "Camilla," by Basshunter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ZEA49NUio Obviously, they sing "oh Camilla," instead of "Alecsandra." I just thought the song fitted the moment.

James always knows exactly what song is right for the moment.

Oh, and remember Matt's question to himself at the end of the last chapter? Yeah, there's the answer. James. Poor Matt, he's so abandoned.

XD

Thanks to Bellkura and Critical Lemon (I like that Lemon bloke).

I like this chapter a lot more than I like the last one.**