Did You Get What You Deserve?

Chapter 81

~*Alecsandra’s Point of view*~

“Alec! Large trim Mochaccino!”

“Coming right up,” I muttered, placing two coffee cups on the counter and eyeing the queue of customers resentfully.

“Large trim Mocha!” I called without glancing up as I finished making it.

“Thanks,” replied the man as he took it carefully from my hand. I stopped. I recognised that voice.

“Luke!”

He blinked.

“Alec!” he beamed, “I thought it was you!”

“What a coincidence!”

“Alec!” yelled Jessica, “stop chatting to the customers and do your job!”

I smiled apologetically at Luke.

“I’ll see you round, Alec,” he called, and then he was gone.

I didn’t give him another thought for the rest of the day. We were too busy, and by the time we finally closed at five-thirty I was almost dropping from exhaustion.

“Tomorrow,” I said to Jessica, “I bags YOU make the coffee. My arms are dead.”

She laughed.

“I would if I could still say with a straight face that I’m the best barista in the house.”

I poked my tongue out at her. Just then Jill came out from the back office.

“Alright, guys,” she said, “I got news for you.”

“What’s that?”

“You know Gino’s coffee round the block?”

We nodded.

“They’re closing down.”

Jess and I looked at each other.

“Which means…” Jess murmured.

“That that rush today,” finished Jill, snapping her accounts book shut, “was just the tip of the iceberg.”

“Aw shit.”

“We’re going to have to hire someone else.”

Jess and I looked at Jill.

“Should I put a sign in the window?” Jess suggested.

“No,” said Jill hesitantly, “I think my sister might be willing to help us out.”

Jess frowned.

“Your sister?”

“She’s been living with my aunt and uncle in Spain for the past three years,” said Jill, “but she’s just moved back. Her name is Jaina.”

“Oh, Jaina. I remember her.”

“How old is she?” I wanted to know.

“She’s just turned fourteen. I know, she’s just a kid, but she’s smart and she learns fast. Shall we give her a go?”

“Sure,” shrugged Jess, “I don’t see why not.”

“Good,” said Jill. “I’ll bring her in tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
**More Luke, coffee, and a continuation of the epidemic of J's (James, Jill, Jess, Julia, Jamia and now Jaina).

Not sure if I'm going anywhere with the Jaina thing. I'm in a bit of a Luke moment right now, Jaina might develop into something later, after we find out that Luke is actually James' evil cousin sent by James' new girlfriend (who is an evil, vindictive bitch) to break Alec's heart.

And I'm sorry I left you hanging for so long. It was very bad of me, especially considering I'd already written three chapters on refill and hadn't bothered to even type them up.

Have I mentioned I'm rewriting this, changing the names and getting it published (or trying to)? Of course, I won't do that till the story is finished on here. But, uh... I think I might be addicted to J's, because two of the names that have to be changed are becoming J names...

Thanks to Lucky Strikes and Bellkura for commenting.**