Status: Working On Slowly.

Cutler, Maine

359 Jude Ave.

I can see the headlines now.

NEW FAMILY ARRIVES, POP. RISES!

Oh yeah, wouldn’t that be funny?

---

You would think we were damned movie stars by the stars and whispers we got. Did they want us to leave?

When the car finally stopped at the oldest gas station that I had ever seen in my entire… life, I finally understood why Vian would actually want to come to this ghost town of a shit hole. The door to the sleek black truck opened without hesitation and we soon jumped out. Standing in the window of the ancient gas station was just a normal long dirty blonde girl with light freckles, high cheek bones, and mysterious dark brown eyes. That was the reason Vian picked this place, I know it. That’s why he was gone for a whole weekend last summer. Just so he could go see this ‘beauty’.

“Idiot…” I mumbled and straightened out the wrinkles in my shirt. Those mysterious brown eyes followed me, but soon flashed over to the smiling face of my younger brother. Those mysterious brown eyes lightened up and a happy glint shone within the small flash a sunlight that fell upon Cutler, Maine. The brown eyes disappeared, but a thick British accent followed when the dirty blonde came running out, in knee length skirt and all.

“Vian!” She screeched; her voice was as ugly as me in the morning when I have to wake up. She was definitely all looks, and that’s all my brother cared about. No matter how ugly you were on the inside, it only mattered about the outside. But, my younger sibling ignored me, only going and eating the little girl’s face out. It seemed she had known of him coming. Because of this, I was mad, but let it go, it was just annoying that he would do something like that after all we had been through.

I ignored the stupidity of a brother and moved to fill up the almost empty gas tank of my baby. Yes, I may have lived in New York, but I still loved trucks and always would. They were my precious beings that would forever hold a dear place in my heart. Yes, I just indirectly said I would marry my truck… if she was a guy and not so old.

“So, Vian… introduce your new friend to me…”

Vian knew my smile was not a good one. With all my teeth showing, my eyes closed down into small glaring blue slits, and the fact that my fists were clenched, he knew I wasn’t happy that he had picked this place because of some… some… whore.

“Oh… right…” He cleared his throat, wrapped a protective arm around her (also getting in the perfect position to defend himself if I pounced) and continued. “Molly, this is my older sister…Dantia. Dantia, this is Molly Teal.”

The blonde and I had a battle with our eye connection; my stormy sea blue eyes against her mysterious brown ones. I ended up winning easily. She looked away, ‘pecked’ Vian gently and whispered something to him before disappearing into the gas station. My eyes left her head, which I wished was rolling on the floor from being cut off from my…. I looked back at my brother and barely caught a glance of him before he disappeared back into my truck.

“Vian Nero van Sperdia…” I growled and jumped back into the truck, both doors shutting behind me. My hands found their way to his neck and he was turning bluer than a smirf choking. “How dare you move us to a ghost town just so you can get some from a ‘cute’ blonde girl that probably will never know you long enough or even live long enough, to know what we are!”

---

After much arguing, more like begging and whining from my brother, I agreed that we could stay here until we graduated and would have to move wherever I wanted to go. It would probably be Florida, or California, somewhere bright and sunny. I’m tired of clouds and rain. Anyways, on with my story.

We slowly made our way through the streets and down one that our house had been bought on. I was very glad that Vian had actually picked a decent colored house; a pale yellow color with a baby blue door that had a ‘SOLD’ sign taped to it. The sign in the yard had already been taken out, and an ugly hole was the only thing left of where it had been. All of the big things had been aired over here and already moved in. The movers probably just pushed it up against a wall or still in the boxes.

They better not have broken my glass figurines…

When we finally pulled into the drive way, Vian’s Nissan sat in the driveway just waiting to be test driven on the slippery roads of Cutler. I rolled my eyes as he drove away and out of sight before I could even get out of my seat. Could the boy not stay a few days away from his ‘precious’ car?

I pulled at the hatch to pull down the back of the truck and pulled the few boxes and bags of luggage off the bed of the truck. Most of it was mine, other than a few of Vian’s personal valuables. That mostly consisted of a box of condoms, his teddy bear that he got when he was four, and his first tooth that he lost. I’ll go ahead and tell you this…

My brother is a virgin, and he’s never had sex. Why he wanted condoms, don’t ask me. The teddy bear is important because it’s the only thing that we have left of our parents, really. The tooth thing… it happened when he was out playing baseball with our uncle. His first tooth was lost at the age of five to being hit in the mouth with a baseball. Even though it was the soft kind – softer than softballs for girls – it still made his tooth fall out.

I pulled my three luggage bags up the five steps – yes I counted – and into the house after finding the key under the ‘Welcome’ mat. It’s so obvious that no one would even guess to look there…other than me, of course.

The inside was plain, plain white, light blue, or pale yellow walls made up the two bedroom, three bath house. It actually looked good. I would have to give a small thanks to my brother for picking somewhere that wasn’t like… a falling-apart cottage or mansion. Then again, he probably left to go finally get to third base with Molly.

…Nevermind.

I claimed my room before Vian could even really see the rooms. It was the biggest and had a mixture of colors. Even though my favorite colors were orange, gray, and white; the light blue and pale yellow looked really pretty when hit perfectly by the small bits of sun light of Cutler, Maine that filtered in through the window. My bed was actually already in there, but it was just the mattresses and the steel frames.

Slowly, my eyes closed with my mind silenced of the thoughts I had by the quiet of the house and I fell back onto the bed. The sunlight didn’t hit my eyes, but I knew it was still there. My arms were limp against the bed and from the knees and lower were hanging off, my shoes just barely brushing against the thick carpet. I was comfortable like this.

No more Vian… and stupid blonde Molly.

No more stupid school… until I started back here in Cutler.

No more stupid troubles of having to be a van Sperdia… if only some people knew what my duty was.

And NO MORE FUCKING-

“Hello?”

“AHHH!!”

I tried jumping up but… well... that didn’t really happen well. I ended up falling on the floor and hitting my head on the edge of the bed. Fuck, fuck, fuckity-fuck, fuck… I mentally cursed and rubbed at my head slowly getting up to glare at the person that interrupted me in the middle of my relaxation time-

Holy. Sweet. Mother. Of. Jesus. And. The. Rest. Of. The. Dead. Saints.

No shirt, cut off shorts that went just barely below his knee, and an old pair of sneakers that looked like it had seen the better days before a dog had gotten a hold of them. But that chest… that marvelous sun-kissed natural tanned skin that glistened with the moisture from the air…

Holy shit, I swear on my great-grandfather’s unmarked grave that I think I just died.

I stood there, gaping at him like a stupid schoolgirl finally being able to talk to her crush. Of course the guy was gorgeous – I did just describe him; duh. Any angel would get on their knees and kiss his feet. Demons would be wrapped around his little pinky finger so tight that I wouldn’t be able to breathe. Hell, even I can’t say anything, and that’s saying something.

“I’m Garret. My dad’s the mayor of Cutler. My mom told me about two new people moving in and… asked for me to come greet and welcome you both. Although I only see one of the two so I guess I’ll just greet and welcome you.”

His smile… it was brighter than St. Peter’s halo.

WHOA. Stop right there Dantia, you’re eyes have already gone down far enough. Just nod and smile, shake his hand and say your name. It’s that simple. Oh wait… he stopped talking, now is the time to introduce yourself!

“Right, well, thanks. I’m Dantia… Dantia van Sperdia. You just missed my brother, he went to go see a new… friend,” I mentally thanked him for leaving. “His name’s Vi-“

“My name is Vian. Who are you and what are you doing here?”

Wow, Vian. Great timing; oh, and remind me to kill you when I’m done dying inside from embarrassment.
♠ ♠ ♠
What are the Twins really? What is the true reason for Vian picking Cutler, Maine? Is there more to this 'Garret' boy than meets the eye of Dantia?

Can I have some comments please? I'm not going to beg or demand, I just want to know what you think. And yes I know you're reading it, I currently have three subscribed and I can see the reader count...