Status: Starting Out, Hope It's Gonna Be Good =]

Three's A Crowd

Trust and Judgment

What her friend had just revealed to her rang in her ears. They stared at each other for an intense amount of time. Neither knowing what to do or say next. Soon Lauren crumbled and Kat was there as always, a steady shoulder to cry on.

“What the fuck do you mean Stacey slept with him?” she asked as she wailed in her friend’s arms.

“I’m sorry Lauren, I shouldn’t say anymore” Kat knew she was already in a sticky situation. Stacey should have been the one to confess to their friend but there was no way she was going to take the blame for something she didn’t do.

“The hell you should. How could she do this to me? Why didn’t you tell me Kat? We are supposed to be best mates.” Kat genuinely felt bad for keeping this from her. Betray one friends trust to help another.

“I just didn’t want to make it worse for you besides it wasn’t my place to tell you. It’s Stacey. You need to talk to her…” Lauren straightened up immediately and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Screw Stacey as far as I’m concerned she’s dead to me. She’s a fucking two faced wanker bitch!” Lauren screamed to Kat. Kat shook her head slowly relieved to see her friend not upset at her anymore. Lauren lay out on the sofa. Taking everything in that Kat had told her. How could someone she'd trust her life with do something as terrible as this? Tears sprang to her eyes again as she felt the lowest she’s ever felt in her entire life. Then something dawned on her and she looked towards Kat who was standing awkwardly in the archway.
The look in Laurens eyes told Kat she was in for some heavy questioning so she retreated to the kitchen. Lauren soon followed and sat at the counter waiting for Kat to say something. Kat had her lips tightly sealed as she dug in the fridge pretending to look for something.

“So…” Stacey started. “Did you just tell me you’re gay?” Kat turned around to meet the eyes of her friend. Scared to see her reaction to this, her eyes showed confusion not hate and that was a relief. She breathed out and sat down next to her friend.

“I’ve only just figured it out…I wasn’t entirely sure until last night I suppose…do you hate me?”

“Absolutely not. I’m just shocked I guess. This is just a lot to take in.” Kat nodded her head in agreement.

“I like Cassie a lot actually.” Laurens head pounded trying to remember the night of the party, getting bits and pieces of noticing Kat with Cassie all night.

“You protected her, that’s so sweet.” Kat tried not to blush but couldn’t help herself. She twiddled with her fingers trying to get off the subject. She was not one to talk about her feelings.

“What will you do?” Laurens face scrunched up in fury and she shook her head looking away.

“I don’t know, but I think I might go around to her house and have a go at her. Don’t try and stop me. Right now she deserves to be slapped around a bit. I don’t think I’ll ever forgive her. Not in a million years.” Kat shook her head and felt sorry for Stacey but she dug herself into this whole and she was going to have to find a way to dig herself out.

“Shall we go then?” Kat wasn’t going to miss this. She didn’t want her friends to fight but knew it was inevitable. As long as she was there, she would make sure of no physical violence. The least she could do after spilling the beans. Lauren got up and they walked to Stacey’s house. Kat preparing to play mediator. Lauren preparing to rip Stacey’s face off.