Status: Starting Out, Hope It's Gonna Be Good =]

Three's A Crowd

Broken

Kat didn't tell Lauren that night.

And as Stacey lay on her own bed the next day, she reflected that perhaps things would have been easier if she had. Kat said that Lauren was fragile right now, and if they told her, it could end the friendship that the two of them had shared for almost seven years before Kat had arrived in town.

She put her Paramore album on, but couldn't seem to muster the energy to sing along, for the first time she could remember. All she could see was the photo of the three friends laughing hyserically, leaning on one another for support. It had been taken at Lauren's 17th birthday, a few months earlier. Jack had been on holiday, much to Lauren's anguish, but the flights had been booked by his parents and there was nothing he could do. Kat and Stacey spent days convincing her not to change the date of her party so that he could make it, and ended up having the best night they could remember spending together.

And Stacey had now marred every memory they had beyond repair. Lauren would find out, of course she would. All she could do was say that it wasn't her fault. All she could do was lie...

"Oh fuck you then." Stacey slammed the phone down on Finlay Summers who was meant to be taking her out tonight. He'd cancelled for some football game, leaving her high and dry on a Saturday night. She was wearing her sluttiest outfit, too in the hope of getting some. Christ, it had been weeks since she'd had a decent fumble. However, contrary to popular belief, she was in fact still a virgin. It was depressing to think that she'd lose it after Lauren.

Her parents were out at some charity event, so she popped open a bottle of their more expensive wine from the cellar and had drunk two glasses before the door bell went. She'd been halfway through some mushy rom/com that had left her teary eyed and desperate for some male company.

Like a prayer answered, Jack was on her doorstep. She held the door closed, filling the gap with her body so that he couldn't see or get into the house. She had no idea what he was doing here. It was almost ten pm by this point, and pitch black outside thanks to the beginning of October catching them unawares.

"What?" Stacey said. She'd never much liked Jack; he gave her the creeps, the way he draped himself all over her best friend incessantly, like he was afraid he'd lose her forever if they spent more than a day apart. It certainly made relations between Stacey, Kat and Lauren strained when Lauren constantly broke plans previously made to spend time with him.

"I can't get hold of Lauren. Her phone's off, she's not home. It's been almost a day since I spoke to her." Oh not a day/ Stacey rolled her eyes. "I've even been round Kat's and she said she'd heard nothing. When was the last you spoke to her?"

"Couple of days ago. Said she was spending the weekend with you." It's Sunday now.

"Yeah well, we were, but we got into a fight last night, and she left. Haven't spoken to her since." He looked genuinely upset, and for the first time, Stacey took pity on him.

"Listen, you can come in and have a drink if you want. I was just about to have another glass of wine."

"Another...?" Jack said apprehensively, stepping into the living room behind her. Stacey just giggled drunkely and went to get another glass. She quickly tried to call Lauren but, as expected, it went straight to voicemail. She sat back down on the sofa beside Jack while he poured them both large glasses. She'd never noticed just how good looking he really was. Defined arms, a strong jaw, full lips.

By the time they'd pounded two more glasses, Stacey couldn't even see straight. Jack had spent half an hour ranting about what a bitch Lauren was for cutting him out when all he'd done was gotten a little bit angry when she'd made him tea instead of coffee. Almost in a bid to shut him the hell up, Stacey pressed her lips up against his, and he roughly kissed her back, his slight stubble rubbing her cheeks.

It was over quickly. he released himself and thrust into her over and over kissing her lips and chest until he shuddered and lay still on top of her. Ten minutes later, he zipped his trousers back up and left without a word leaving her robbed of both her respect and virginity.


That was a week ago, just before they found out Lauren's parents had been in a minor car accident. Lauren had spent the night in hospital with them and her little brother, rendering her incapable of using her mobile. Stacey had cried so hard then, just as she was doing now. She had broken apart the perfect couple but what Kat and Lauren would never know, never understand, was how broken she felt herself.