Status: Starting Out, Hope It's Gonna Be Good =]

Three's A Crowd

Make-Over

"Fuck.Off." Kat said, backing away as her friends advanced, one holding a pink lipstick, the other some kind of frilly material.

"C'mon Kat, you've never worn a dress before, it'll look good!"

"No. Not a chance. Sod off. NO!" She leapt away from them so that she had a desk between her and her attackers. Finally they gave up and lay back on Lauren's double bed which was covered with a fluffy pink throw. Even Stacey had recoiled slightly when she'd first seen the throw, though it was nothing compared to Kat's reaction which was to laugh hysterically for over an hour, and then precede to call Lauren 'Barbie' for about a week.

"Well what are you going to wear?" Stacey queried impatiently; Kat was currently stood in black drainpipes and a crimson bra. She'd been midway getting changed when she'd been bombarded with pink frilly clothes that there was no way in hell she was ever going to wear. Kat came out from behind the desk and emptied her bag onto the bed which even now she refused point blank to sit on. In the bag was a purple and cream halter top, and a black mini.

"I was gonna wear this." Kat rolled her eyes and held them up, watching as relief and then amusement crossed both of her friends faces.

"Oh..."Stacey started.

"That's..." Lauren followed on,

"Nice...!" Kat just shook her head.

"You sound surprised." She drawled.

"Well it's just...when was the last time you wore a skirt?"

"A good few...years." Kat conceded. "What the hell did you think I was doing in town today when you guys were shopping? You do know that it doesn't take two hours to get a coffee, right?"

"Well, yeah but -"

"We could never have guessed that-"

"Guys?" Kat interrupted, wriggling into the skin-tight top.

"Yes," They replied together looking like all their christmas's had come at once.

"Wanna do my make-up?" Even before she'd finished her sentence, Stacey had dived across the room and picked up a make-up bag that wouldn't even zip up at the top, it was so full.

"Just sit down, and keep your fucking eyes closed for God's sake." Kat grinned and then obeyed Stacey for perhaps the first time she could remember in their friendship.

***

When Kat opened her eyes the first time, she kind of wished she'd kept them closed. So she shut them again and simply said "Too much pink," and then felt the soft brush of make-up remover pads against her skin. She knew she had the control here; Stacey had seemingly waited her whole life to get her hands on Kat. Not literally of course...

When she opened her eyes the second time, she sighed and said, "Too..full on." The scarlet harlet lipstick was the decider on that.

Being third time lucky and all that, when she opened her eyes the last time, she breathed a sigh of relief. Her eyelids were lightly dusted with dark, yet natural looking eyeshaddow, the blusher was light but defined her cheekbones. It was...

"Perfect. Thanks Stacey."

"Hey, bitch, I helped." Lauren said indignantly from Kat's other side. In fact all she'd done was pass Stacey things from her magic bag, but that was neither here nor there.

"Thanks Lauren."

"No problem. Now I'm getting ready, it's already 8pm, and I know I said I wanted to be fashionably late, but I don't just want to miss the freaking party."

They got dressed listening to Linkin Park which was Kat's choice - usually Stacey would rebel furiously against her taste in music, but today she appeared to be molified considerably thanks to Kat's makeover. When they'd done, they stood in front of Lauren's large, floor-length mirror and grinned at their own reflections.

Lauren was wearing the aformentioned mini-dress, with the grey cardigen and stilleto's. She let her coffee-coloured hair fall in waves down to just above her waist, and had done her make-up heavily around her eyes, so that, for the first time, Stacey worried she might have some competition.

Stacey herself was wearing tight, dark-blue jeans, with knee-length boots and a pink top that showed off the cleavage she was oh-so proud of. She had a short platinum bob looking sleek and shiny and about ten years older than her almost-eighteen years.

Kat was in the skirt that made her legs look never-ending. However she'd put her foot down and worn sheer skin-coloured tights because despite her flawless legs, she was still too self-conscious. She'd even been persuaded to borrow a pretty silver necklace from Lauren, and a pair of heels that were way higher than she was used to. Mainly because she was used to trainers. Her newly dyed blonde hair was spiked up and made to look as though she'd just rolled out of bed, even though Stacey and Lauren knew she'd spent almost half an hour perfecting it.

But all in all they looked really pretty damn good, and got into Lauren's dad's car, all three of them thinking how lucky they were to have such great friends. Her dad dropped them off round the corner from the party so that they wouldn't be seen with an adult, and Kat instantly started complaining that her feet hurt once they began to walk. She shut up however when they all spotted Jack walking up towards the house at which the party was being held tonight.