P.S. I Hate You

Friendly Cat Fights

I reach my class ahead of most of them and grip my desk, staring ahead grimly. I can grip the desk but I can’t grasp what I just saw. It was so painfully obvious.I mean, they kissed. I saw them coming from his car. I shudder involuntarily. How can she even stand being next to him? I nearly puke every time I do…

And Caleb’s in most of my classes… so lucky most football players and the teachers are, too. Or I might strangle him… and her. And I can’t even pay attention, which annoys all the teachers, as usual. I think I even get detention, but I’m still not paying enough attention and I don’t care. And I never go, anyways. So there!

I dig my hands into my palms, exiting my last class. Upon doing so, I hear this loud- and painfully familiar- shriek come from down the hall… towards Caleb’s locker. Hm, does he really wait this long, or is it something else?

But I can’t even stand going near and I sit outside where I find Levi there, tossing grapes in his mouth. “Hey, dude,” I say miserably, plopping down and throwing a grape at him that bounces off his nose.

“You heard?” He wrinkles his nose.

“You knew?” I respond sourly.

He scratches his head. “Uh… yeah.”

I groan, flopping on my back. “And when exactly did this happen?”

Levi has to think a minute. “Uh… hm. Like… no. Two, four days ago?” He tries.

“That long?” I ask in amazement. “Why didn’t anyone tell me?” I demand.

He shrugs without an answer, lying on his back. “’S all good,” he tries.

“’S all bad,” I correct. “I just…” I shake my head. “You know what? Just forget it.”

He nods and we sit there in silence, working to forget it.

But today must not be my day again.

A shadow blocks the sun and I squint up, seeing who’s annoyed me now- or again. “Oh, you,” I add sourly. “Go away.”

Rhea puts her hands on her hips. “No, I won’t,” she says primly. “I can’t believe you would do that!”

I raise an eyebrow. “Do what?”

“You know what!” She says exasperated.

“Maybe I don’t,” I say innocently, getting more pissed every second. Won’t she just strut off like the back-stabber she is and go make-up with her boyfriend?

“Those- those worms!” She spits, leaning over me.

Which obviously she thinks gives her power over me. I roll my eyes and stand up, crossing my arms. “And who says I did it?”

She’s furious, her hands in her fists. It’s so… funny. In a disastrous way, that is. In the back of my mind, I’m amazed how everything just shifted. I mean, Rhea’s always been by my side, always saving me from Caleb, making me feel better and everything! And suddenly this?

“Everyone knows you did it!” She hisses.

“No one can prove it, though, can they?” I ask smartly.

She glowers. “But who else would do it?” She spits out.

I smirk . Good point. “Boo-hoo,” I roll my eyes. “Little miss prissy-kissy gets scared of some worms like the person you are,” I give her a look. “Are you done, or is there something else you want to talk about?”

“How could you do this!” She cries.

“Do what?” I chuckle and pick myself up. “Put the worms there? What do you think? I mean, of all people, Rhea, you should know. I mean, I thought we were awesome friends all this time, and suddenly you’re kissing up to him?” She backs up, looking uneasy. I shake my head, laughing. “How could Ido this, is not the question. How could youdo this?” I ask angrily.

“Come on, Kils,” she tries.

I shake my head. “I don’t want to hear your crap. I don’t want to see your crap. I don’t want to see you, talk to you, or anything ever again. Just go away,” I order her.

After a minute, she leaves, her tail between her legs.

I sit back on the grass with a sigh.

“Harsh,” Levi notes.

“Not as much as she,” I mutter, and lay down. “Now give me some grapes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
anywayz...