P.S. I Hate You

Survive This

My breath catches and I lunge up, my eyes opening.

“Whoa, stay there,” and I’m pushed back to lying down.

I take a deep breath and look around. I’m on a couch… “You okay?” Levi asks me, looking concerned.

My eyes wander around, struggling to focus. Some private room with bookshelves and fancy desk. “Where am I?” I sigh, rubbing my eyes. I feel very, very drained. I fainted, didn’t I? I can’t believe I just fainted.

“The study,” he shrugs. “Are you okay?” He sighs.

“I will be,” I grin weakly. “Sorry…”

Levi rolls his eyes. “For what? It’s nothing- and the party’s ending,” he shrugs. “Heard you fainted.”

I narrow my eyes and sit up. “It’s nothing,” I growl. “Got it?”

He shrugs. “Yeah, fine. Why?” He asks, helping me stand.

It takes a minute for my eyes to focus again and I feel a little dizzy but it passes. “Uh… what?” I ask dumbly.

He pushes me to sit back down. “What happened?”

I sigh, leaning my head back on the couch. “A closet.”

“And?”

“Small spaces…”

“Meaning?”

“Claustrophobia,” I roll my eyes.

“You’re scared of small spaces?”

Perfect time to be a genius, Levi. Bravo. I sigh. “Pretty much…” I pass a hand over my face. “But… you know, when it happens, it doesn’t really feel like fear, it just… I just can’t really breathe or anything, and…”

“You faint?”

“I prefer the term of passing out,” I say and stand. This time, the dizziness fades faster. “What happened after?” I ask, feeling a little clueless.

“Eh- whoever it was in there with you, I heard, ruined the doorknob, got you out and in here to breathe without a crowd. I heard someone shouting for me and I made my way over here,” Levi shrugs. “Now come on, missy,” he says, pulling me towards the front of the house.

I’m stuck in my thoughts.

He gave no name… he didn’t know who was there, or anything? Caleb wasn’t shouting or cracking jokes?

Whoever it was in there with you…

Got you out…


He wouldn’t.

Would he?

Doesn’t he hate me?

Caleb Williams.

Would he really?

I frown to myself, trying to think, trying to figure it out. Levi could have his thoughts wrong, because that does happen now and then, you know…

Looking around before I climb into Levi’s car, I absently look around.

My eyes are then locked on Caleb’s just as he’s getting into his own car.

We stare for a minute before I’m the coward and look away and down and shuffle into Levi’s car.

I can’t believe how… how stupid I can be. I flush at the thought of what happened.
I fainted in front of my worst enemy.

I groan to myself as Levi hums and drives carefully away, taking me home.

“Well that was an adventure,” he says finally.

“I suppose,” I sigh.

“Thanks for coming,” he adds.

I give a tired smile as we reach my house. “Yeah, right. Any time,” I roll my eyes. “Night then, Levi.”

“Night, Kiley.”

I shuffle into my house with a big yawn, putting everything away. I peak in Benji’s room to see he’s fast asleep, huddling in his covers. I smile, close the door and head off into my room. I barely manage to change before slipping onto my bed, closing my eyes and falling asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm