P.S. I Hate You

Give Me A Knuckle Sandwich

Tuesday was spent very much the same. Wednesday, however, I got my answer. I was walking in with Levi, since I’d caught his football and he was telling me how his favorite teams were doing and when the games were going to start at our school.

But he stopped at one moment, staring at something. “What?” I ask, and start to turn around.

“Nothing, anyways, but uh…” he grabs my arm dragging me away, and keeps stuttering over his following words as he keeps looking around, suddenly jittery, that something is obviously off… something he’s trying to keep from me specifically.

My eyes run around the students, who I see talking behind their hands, laughing, talking, and shamelessly eyeing me. “What is it?” I demand, whipping to face Levi. “What is it now?”
“Uh…” he shifts feet. “I’d um… rather not, uh…”

I grit my teeth. “Fine, shove off,” I mutter, whip around and start off. My jaw tightens as I walk down the hall and reach my locker to find…

A miniature mummy… and a fat Barbie? Attached to papers…?
Ah. I see.

I swallow hard at the pictures. A dead body with my face plastered on… and a really fat person wearing a shirt that says ‘I beat anorexia’ and my face plastered on, once again. Glancing around, I see that these pictures are everywhere.

As evil and stupid, I can’t help but wonder how much money it cost to make so many copies. So yes, that’s how my ridiculous mind works. Very, very odd indeed. None like it.
But yeah, that is beside the point. I take a deep breath, crumbing the papers and quickly rip the two little dummies into pieces and throw them at random people. “Like that?” I ask sarcastically and stomp off.

I go around and find him on the front steps. “You!” I shout and he turns and is wearing this mild smirk that I hate so much I could take it off with a knife…

Stomping up to him, I’m still short but when you’re mad you never notice such a thing. So I make the decision to bring him down to my level, and give him one in the face. His head snaps back in complete surprise, since I didn’t take my time to jerk back the arm and all but shoved it all in, and he bends over, swearing.

“You think you’re so cool, huh?” I ask him. “Just cause you can get ‘creative’ on a computer, right? Cause you think I’m lower than you, don’t you? You treat me like dirt for the fun of it!” I huff. “But I’m not going to let that humiliate me! Cause you are the one beneath me, doing these stupid pictures, these stupid things that only middle-schoolers do!” Angrily I kick him in the shin and stomp off, my hands in fists.

I get to class late, but the teacher stops me. “You’re wanted in the principle’s office.”

Thirty minutes later, I’m in the detention hall. For the entire day. Whoopee. I slump in my seat, glaring at the teacher and crossing my arms.

School ends and I with my dissipated anger hurry off to find at least one of my friends for some support… “Hey,” I pant, coming up to Marcus. “So?”

He blinks. “Hi.”

I roll my eyes. “Hi, Marcus. So, what’s the news?” I prod him.

“I failed science,” he glowers at the floor.

I give him an odd look. “Then talk to Regan, Marcus. But I mean on the school loop! I was stuck in detention all day long, okay? What happened!”

“Oh!” He says. “Well… hey, did you really beat Caleb up?”

“I wish,” I sigh. “All I did was give him a punch. Did he bleed?” I ask hopefully.

He tries to think and shrugs. “A little. But he left mad and… are you really a lesbian?” He asks curiously.

I blink. “No… why?”

He shrugs. “That’s what I heard. And that you smoke during lunch break. And you were pregnant with triplets last summer.”

“Ew, I can’t believe he’d go that low,” I mutter. “What more?”

“And you’re shitzo…phenic?” He scratches his head. “Uh… and you steal stuff all the time, especially at school… and um, bulimic?”

“Close enough,” I groan. “Gosh, can’t I get a rest?” I cry out exasperated. “I mean, it’s all stupid… but you know when teachers start believing it, then everything goes down hill and it effects your grades and I’m already doing bad and if it gets any worse I just might fail and if it fails I can’t get scholarships. If I can’t get scholarships I can’t escape and I’ll be stuck here forever and live a miserable life!”

“Uh… right,” Marcus says uneasily.

I let out a deep breath. “Right, sorry,” I grin sheepishly. “But thanks for everything,” I wink and give a wave, heading off. I walk to Benji’s school, talking on my phone with Jaz about everything that happened and that means she can tell everyone the real truth and spread it across correctly for everyone. I chat with Benji as we head off to my job to work for a few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmm