P.S. I Hate You

Cleaning Solution And Blood

"Can I play with Devin?” He asks hopefully.

I glance at the house as we start up our walk… and I promptly trip over the step and barely manage to catch myself. I sigh. “Yeah, fine,” I glance at the sky. “Might as well… see if you can stay for and after dinner,” I joke as he heads off. “Do you have any hard homework?” I ask worriedly.

“Nope!” He grins, waves, and heads off.

I sit on the walk from where I just tripped and watch him go. Then I glance at the sky… getting dark already. I sigh and stumble into the house after a minute, to check the news. And some food… leftovers. Yippee, I suppose. Then I get around to the other cleaning that mother tends to ignore, between her vacuuming and dusting.

Humming I head around the kitchen, polishing the cabinets. I faintly wonder about Benji, but he’s with Devin and that means he’s plenty safe and everything. I glance at the time.

“Already nine?” I squint. Wow… oh crap, I haven’t even started on my homework. I groan.

“Not cool,” I grumble, shoving everything onto the counters. Of course, then I have lack of grace to accidentally tip over the polisher… and it tips over… spilling. “You’ve got to be kidding me!” I glare at it. “Ugh!” I start into the hallway cupboard, looking for some paper towels.

So I guess I’m just caught up and don’t hear anything… until the door tries slamming shut on my head. It bangs me hard and brings tears to my eyes. “Ow!” I burst. “Who the heck-” I turn to see a red-eyed Gerald. “Oh,” I say in a tiny voice and swallow hard.

He glares at me. “You’re in my way!”

“Uh…” I try to head off with said paper towels, and actually get out of his way.

My stepfather decides to help me and shoves me into the wall. I stifle any sound as I nearly crumble but keep my stance and try to inch off. If I can just get to the kitchen… I’m so glad Benji’s not here. Please don’t let anyone be with him, if he comes soon.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He spits and my hands shaking, I wipe the spittle off.

“Kitchen,” I say weakly.

“Shut up!” He contradicts himself and obviously doesn’t care as he hits me on the side of the head. I fall to my knees in surprise at the force and then try to scurry off, leaving him to cool down on his own. He just bought that punching bag, for goodness sake, and he’s putting it to waste.

“Get back here!” He roars.

Well, his eyesight sure isn’t lacking. But it’s not so funny right now and I scramble into the kitchen. He pauses. “Did you make that mess? How dare you leave a mess around! You useless rat! You should know better!”

What do I say to that? Probably nothing would be best. Yeah, probably. I swallow and try to look for a way out without cornering myself. Or a weapon. A weapon… no, not a weapon, but something to at least hold him off.

Yeah, I wasted too much time thinking and contemplating on that. I don’t pay enough attention and he grabs my hair and I freeze. OW. OW. OW. I put a hand on my head, trying to keep the hair in as he starts dragging me across the kitchen and then shoves my hair into spilled mess. “Lick it up!” He demands.

Yeah right, that stuff kills. It even says on the back how if its swallowed, call the poison agency or whoever they are… I just squirm, trying to get out of his grasp and feeling the grease on my face.

He gets frustrated and hits my head against the counter. Hey, look, stars… ow, my head hurts! I wince and slap at his hands and I hear him fiddling with cupboards. What is he doing? On second thought, I’m not sure I want to know.

He lets go of my hair and I dodge off for an escape. He kicks my leg quickly though, making it weaken and I fall with a muffled yelp. He drags me back and muttering to himself. Then he hisses some nasty words at me and I try to push away. “Don’t you dare!” He yells. “Now maybe you’ll learn to be cleaner!”

What…? I don’t wait long as he grabs my arm and then brings his other arm down with a beer bottle. It breaks against my tender flesh and I give a scream in pain. Blood and beer trickles onto the tile, mixing.

“You like that? Huh?” He shoves it in my face as he digs the sharp edges of the bottle in my flesh.

“Ow, stop it,” I plead. “I’ll clean it up, I swear, okay? Please!”

“Shut up!”

I bite my lip not to whimper and tears fall. The sharp pain stings and stings as blood oozes out. He keeps yelling at me about cleaning up and tidiness and a load of crap. Then he brings out another beer bottle and crushes that against my other arm. Yelling and blood and pain and beer.

I nearly faint, my legs going weak as I fall to the floor, sliding in the pool of beer that’s mixing with my blood. Disgusted, drunken Gerald tries to spit at me but it only dribbles down his chin. “Clean this up!” He kicks me in the chin and stomps out.

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
♠ ♠ ♠
ouch