P.S. I Hate You

History Class

“Do I have to suspend you?”

“No, ma- I mean, sir.”

“Excuse me? Are you being smart?”

“No, sir, I don’t get A’s in class anymore.”

“That’s it, another week of detention. Anything else?”

“No, sir.”

“No, sir.”

“Good. Now who put the firecrackers in the bathroom, huh?”

My giggle gives me away.

“Shiloh, it looks like you’ll be joining Williams for another week of detention.” He gives us a stern look.

“Dang it,” I mutter. I really have to work at keeping a straight face, seriously. Slouching in my seat, I sigh. “Fine, whatever, princerpal. Can I go now?”

“Go ahead.”

Caleb and I start for the door, but I pause. “So, how did the firecrackers go?” I ask hopefully, wondering how well that worked. I mean, I’d wanted to try it for a while since I found our old stash in the garage. I’d been tempted to stay behind, but seeing as I did it in the boys’ bathroom, I figured I shouldn’t.

Anyways, the bossman gives me a hard look and my gut says it must have gone pretty well. “Out, Shiloh.”

“Oh, fine,” I huff and stomp out the door.

“Watch it,” Caleb bites since the door nearly hit him.

“Oh, don’t be a wimp,” I shoot in his face.

“I’m not the girl,” He points out.

“Trust me, gender has nothing to do with it,” I retort snidely. “Now shove aside, jerk, and leave me alone.”

“Wow, pussy, that really scares me. Keep trying the tough act and maybe, someday, someone just might believe it,” he says sarcastically.

“Go jump off a cliff,” I snap angrily.

“After you,” he smirks. “And anyways, I don’t have time for this drivel. I have a girlfriend to meet up with.” He shoves the fact he stole my best friend right in my face! I can’t believe it. My mouth gapes open for a moment, before I step forward and start in for a punch. But somehow, he grabs my wrist just before it lands on his jaw. “Nice try,” he eyes me coolly, shoves me back, and heads down the hall.

I watch him, frustrated with him and myself. But my wrist hurts, still tender from some cuts- and my shoulder throbs from falling on it from the foam in class… sighing, my shoulders droop and I slowly rub my wrist. In pain, it always makes me feel so… so weak. And that scares me- because I can’t be.

What scares me more, is those who cause me to be weak.

“Hey, girlie,” Jaz hops over as our last class is beginning, sliding in beside me. “How is it? I heard about your… little mess,” she wiggles her eyebrows. “What happened and why are you still here?”

I wrinkle my nose, making a face. “Detention for two months. And he let us shower and made us go back to our classes. The rat called me out during fire safety so I reacted,” I shrug. “Such a retard. I hate him.”

“That’s okay, he’s just scum,” she jokes, rubbing my back. “But anyways, did you know he smokes? How ironic is that?”

Somehow, I don’t see the irony in that, but whatever. I look at her, thinking. “Really?” I muse over it, trying to picture him… but I can’t. I’m one of the few people in the world who seem to hate him. Everyone else sees him as… well, the golden boy or something. So smoking? He has to be doing that behind everyone’s back, if it’s true. His parents would kill him! I grin to myself. And it wouldn’t be my fault…

“How about you, Ms. Shiloh?”

“Fifty-A,” I reply randomly, looking at my teacher blankly. I just forgot what class this is, too. My eyes skim the classroom. Oh, history. Kids giggle and whisper around us as my teacher stares at me. “Oh… never mind.”

He gives an aggravated sigh like he just failed- maybe he did- and turns back to his desk, calling on someone else to answer his question. But I seriously don’t care at the moment. I roll my eyes and turn to Jaz who was doing the same. Anyways, back to more important things… She whispers to me about some more gossip, bored out of our minds, and we pass notes for the rest of class.
♠ ♠ ♠
neehhhdkfjdkfjdkfj...........