The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Papercuts When She Leaves

I heard the phone in my pocket ring as Gabe and I were walking around the park. I toke it out and looked at the caller ID. It was Brendon. I sighed and answered.

"Yeah?"
"Where are you?"
"Around."
"Are you with him?"
"Yes."
"Please come back. Let's meet up at the hotel and go out for dinner to talk things over."
"Sorry Brendon, but I've already have a dinner date tonight."
"With Gabe?"
"No, with some guy I just met while walking down the street."
"I hate when you are sarcastic in a serious problem."
"Why don't you call Holly and take her out. Seemed like you two got along pretty well."

I closed my phone and put it back into my pocket. At this point we have stopped walking and he was now just looking at me.

"What?"
"Is everything ok with you and Brendon?"
"Ok? If you think him getting all warm and all lovely with thet slut and not even understanding what he did wrong, then yeah. Everything is just so ok."
"But you weren't like really dating."
"I know. That's why I find this weird. Guess I really have feelings for him."
"If you don't wanna go out with me, then you don't have too."
"No, I want to. I like spending time with you."
"You know. I love spending time with you."
"I so love it more."
"So I'll walk you back to the hotel and then we meet down in the lobby around eight?"
"Sound perfect."
"Well I am perfect."
"Now that was a little bit too much."
"Yeah. Nobody is perfect,but I'm a nobody, so does that make me perfect?"
"You are somebody."
"I hate when you're right."
"I'm sorry, my momma raised me to be a good girl and never like."
"You're the kinda girl I'll take home to see my mom if my momma was dead."
"Hey, I'm not that bad."
"I have never said that you were, but you are the right bad."
"If I'll get that someday, I'll let you know."
"Let's go back."

As he stayed in the same hotel as did we, we walked back hand in hand. He was a floor down, so he had to leave the elavetor before me. I walked up to the room door and opened. I walked in and saw Brendon looking at me. I sat on my bed and looked at him.

"What are you looking at?"
"You. What's with you and Gabe?"
"He is a friend."
"A friend you date?"
"A friend who is there when needed and so if I'm going out with him. It's not like you have eyes for me anymore."
"What?"
"Holly."
"There is nothing between us two. Even if she wants. I would never changed her for you."
"The funny thing is that we aren't even dating. I shouldn't be jealous, but I am."
"You shouldn't be. What happened, happened."
"What you mean with that?"
"We kinda hooked up like for a half an hour."
"You slept with that slut?"
"She's not a slut, but yes."
"I'm sad that I can't say we are over to you."
"Don't do this."
"Too late."

I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door and closed it. I fell to the floor and cried. Why am I doing this? Am I really this deep in love with Brendon? I just cried on the bathroom floor.

At the same time Brendon sat on the floor and leaned againts the bathroom door. He could hear Kristel cry, but he felt helpless cause he couldn't do anything.