The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Knock On The Floor

I don't know for how long we had been this way. Me in the bathroom and he leaning on the door. But my thoughts were stopped when I heard "Helena" blasting from the hotel room. I just hope Brendon doesn't answer it. But as my luck would have it, he did.

"Hello, this is Brendon speaking. Oh hi Gabe. No, she's in the bathroom, she's not feeling so good. Yeah, I think she can't go anywhere tonight. I'll tell her you called. Bye."

So there goes my date. But in a way, I didn't care. I just leaned back againts the door and heard Brendon doing the same. I heard him putting the phone beside him.

"Kristel?"

Does he really think I would answer?"

"I know you can hear me. Please say something."

Why should I? Would he care if I'd do something stuid here.

"I just want you to tell me if you are ok. I worry. I don't want you to do anything stupid."

Was this boy reading my mind?

"Let's do this. One knock yes, two knocks no. Are you up for this?"

I knocked once. Guess words are to hard to say.

"Are you ok?"

A stupid question, but I knocked once.

"Are you going to listen to me what I have to say to you?"

Again, I knocked once.

"From day one, I have felt something for you. I want to put it into words, but I have failed every single time. I enjoyed ever second of every minute of every hour of every day I spend with you and with those moments I have fallen deeply in ove with you. I care more for you that you can imagen. You can make me go crazy just by looking at me. You can make the sun shine on my cloudiest day of the year just with your smile. You, my dear, have made me a man I never thoughed I would be. Are you still listening?"

I knocked. Once. Of course.

"Good. You're the kinda girl I've always been looking out for. You are the girl who turned my life upside down and inside out and yet, it all is right. You came into my life without any warning and you made me see that there is more to life than I was believing at that time. Kristel you are the reason I keep waking up in the morning. I wake up just so I can see your face, just to be close to you. I go to sleep and the last thing I thik about is you. I dream my wildest and sweetest dream about you. Are you still hanging in there?"

I knocked once.

"So basically, I never want to lose you. So, I'm going to do something completly out of caracter for me and something completly stupid. Kristel, would you marry me?"

I was speechless. Did Brendon just ask me to marry him? Did he just ask the question that would change my life and his life? I felt a weird weakness all over my body.

"One is yes, two is no."

I stood up from the floor and looked in the mirror. I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it. Brendon was still sitting on the floor. I kneeled on both of my knees infront of him and knocked on the floor. Once. He just smiled at me and kissed me softly on the lips. I felt butterflies going crazy in my stomach. I felt the ground moving and that there was noone else in the world besides me and Brendon.

I backed away from the kiss and just looked at Brendon. He was smiling from ear to ear and that made me smile too. We were about to kiss, when the door was opened and Melody walked in with the boys.