The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Harder To Breathe

The breakfast went by fast. Well, time does fly when you're having fun. Gabe and William send me back to my hotel room, where I found Spencer, Jon and Ryan.

"Hey guys. Where are Brendon and Melody?"
"Can't say," Ryan said.
"Don't look at me, my lips are sealed," Jon said.
"I sweared that I'd say nothing," Spencer said.

I just looked at them, but I didn't say anything. All I could think of was a warm shower. And so I went to the bedroom, toke of my clothes and left only my underwear on. I walked to the living room and was about to open the bathroom door when Jon's words stopped me.

"What's up hot stuff?"
"You talking to me?"
"Don't see anyone else here."
"Where did Ryan and Spencer go?"
"They went to go get something to eat."
"We just had breakfast."
"You know Ryan."
"Yeah I do."
"So..."
"So what? Jon, I don't know where your mind is wondering at, but don't get anything in that pretty head of yours."
"Why does Brendon always get the girls?"
"I know he does, but now he doesn't."
"You really think he can be faithful to you?"
"I hope he is. If he isn't, then I'm going to regret this for the rest of my life."
"If something happens, you have my number."
"Yeah."
"Now go get your lovely ass to the bathroom, I'm getting hard just by looking at you."
"Well we don't want that now do we."

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Whatever just happened there was something weird. I mean, Jon looks hot, but he has alwasy been more of a friend to me than a lover. I can't even see myself kissing him. I'm glad that things didn't go to the road where everything can be akward. Oh, what the hell am I thinking? I have to have the shower now. And so I stepped into the warm shower and let the hot water wash away every single thought I had in my mind.

At the same time Brendon was out with Melody, shopping a diamond ring. They had been to five stores, but Brendon didn't like anything. Melody saw a ring at the first shop that would have been perfect, but Brendon saw something stupid that was wrong with it and they didn't buy it.

"Brendon, can I ask you something?"
"What you wanna know?"
"Why do you have to buy the ring so bad? She said that she doesn't need a ring."
"You were there with us when she was having breakfast with Gabe and William?"
"Yeah, what's your point?"
"I know she loves me, but I can lose her in a second. I don't want that."
"You must really love her."
"More that I love life itself."
"What was the first thing you saw about her?"
"Her eyes."
"And I thoughed you were going to say her ass or something stupid like that."
"No, I mean she has all the curves and her body is beautiful, but her eyes are so deep, that you just find yourself looking in them and you can't stop."
"Where are going to live?"
"I don't know. I guess in Las Vegas."
"Oh."
"Oh what?"
"The thing is that she wants to move to London after this tour."
"I didn't know that."
"You should sit her down and have a long talk with her."
"You are so right."
"I'm always right."
"Hey, I think I have found it."
"Let me see. Wow, this is perfect."
"Thank you."

They bought the ring and headed back to the hotel. When opening the hotel door, the found Ryan and Jon playing Guitar Hero and Spencer was watching them. Brendon walked into the bedroom, where I was reading a book.

"Hey love."
"Hey babe, what are you reading?"
"Something I found in Ryan's bag. Really good."
"Glad you like it, now put it down."
"Why?"
"Cause we're going to join the fun in the living room."

Brendon toke my hand and dragged me into the other room. We watched how Jon beat Ryan in Guitar Hero and then we sat in a circle, not knowing what to do, but I guess you could all see where this was going at.