The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

When I Get You Alone, Be Brave

After the third ring, Brandon answered.

"Sweetie, so who's the band?"
"You don't wanna know."
"Tell me that it's those boys who panic everytime they hear disco and I'll take you and lock you up somewhere noone will ever find you."
"It's Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco."
"Oh. But still."
"Brandon, it's just a job and you'll be on tour too."
"Yeah. Ok, but stay away from those guys. Tell them you're a lesbian or something."
"Yeah sure babe, whatever makes you happy."
"So are you coming home now."
"Actually they want me to go out for dinner with them."
"But me?"
"I'll have you for desert."
"I'm not that sweet."
"If you ain't sweet, I'm gonna wake up as the queen of Britan tomorrow."
"No. That would mean you'd be married with that old dude."
"He has a older son just right for me."
"Nop, he looks to much as his father."
"Listen, this convo is getting way too weird. I'll call you when I'll be home."
"I'm gonna miss you."
"Not as much as I miss you."
"Bye. Kisses."
"Bye. Kisses."

I put the phone in the bag and saw that all eyes were on me. I gave them all small smile. Avoiding Brendon's eyes, I walked next to Melody, who seemed to be a really nice girl. We arrived at the resturant and then Pete went to get a table. We arrived at the table and as faith would have it, I had to sit in between Brendon and Jon. The dinner went by with everybody talking and having a great time. But the time was getting late and I had to go. I said my goodbye's and said I'll see them all tomorrow at practise. When I got out of the resturant, I started to wait for a cab, but someone tapped on my shoulder. It was Brendon.

"I can give you a ride home."
"Thanks, but no thanks."
"Come on. It's the least I can do."
"Ok then."

We walked to his car. How was this drive going to be like, I wondered. Funny enough, I wasn't the only one thinking that.