The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

I Bet I Can Make Your Man Look

I got into Brendon's car and gave him the directions. I sat there looking out from my window. The silence was killing us both, but I didn't dare to speak anything. So Brendon, like he was reading my mind, started the talk.

"This is an akward silence."
"Yeah it is."
"Glad I'm not the only one feeling that."
"Yep."
"So, another tour."
"Yeah."
"Do you say aything else?"
"What do you want me to say? You are the man I cheated my long term boyfriend with and now I'm touring with you again. Do you really want me to say anything?"
"Wow, no need to freak out. I was just starting a converstation. But now when you mention it, I'm sorry."
"Do you even know why you are sorry?"
"Yes. I got you in bed. I got you drunk and toke advanged of you. I'm really sorry. I knew you were dating that jerk and yet, I had to sleep with you."
"Brandon isn't a jerk, Brendon."
"Yes he is."
"May I know why? Because he doesn't sleep with every single girl he sees? Because he cares about a girl and stays true? Because you will never be half the man he is? Why?"
"A jerk will always be a jerk."
"Whatever."
"And I don't sleep with every single girl I see. And I can care about a girl and stay true to her. And I'm always a better man than he is."
"Whatever makes you happy, you just believe that."

He stopped the car and turned to me. His hair looked perfect and those brown eyes where just looking at me and only me. He didn't say a word, he just was looking at me. I turned to him and looked at him. Our eyes connected and we both felt the heat. He moved closer.

"Why do you hate me?"
"I don't hate you Brendon."
"But you don't love me either."
"I can't be in love with you."
"Why not?"
"I have Brandon."

Brendon moved slowly away from me and started the car again. He drove me home and when he stopped the car and I was getting out of the car, he stopped me.

"What does he have that I don't?"
"He has me."

And I slammed the door shut. Brendon drove off and I turned around and walked into the house. The feeling in my stomach was weird. I dropped my bag and keys on the floor and got a "welcome home" kiss from Brandon and we worked our way to the bedroom. The door was opened the next day.