The Morning After Was the Way Today Began

Download The Beat Of My Heart

It was Brandon. All eyes in the room were on us two. I felt my cheeks getting warmer and probably even red.

"Brandon, this isn't the right place to talk about this."
"I know you've cheated, it's ok. Just tell me, was he really better than me?"
"Brandon..."
"Please tell me, because then I really have a reason to beat him up."
"Why you wanna beat him up?"
"Well...he has tried to get you away from me, he said my band is crap, he thinks to much of himself. Shall I go on?"
"You do know you are making a scene right now?"

Brandon didn't say anything. Melody, Sarah, Kate, Spencer, Ryan and Jon were looking at us two with "what-the-fuck" faces. Brendon somehow knew that the story was about him, so he stepped in, what really wasn't the best idea.

"Brandon, she said she doesn't want to talk. Leave her."
"Brendon, she's my girlfriend, not yours and she will never be."
"Listen mate, I'm sorry for everything. It was just a one night thing. It won't happen again."
"So now she's only good for a night?"
"What do you want to hear? That I love her? That I want her to be mine? I don't have a chance in hell with her, because she loves you. Not me."

Second later, Brendon was on the floor and Brandon left. The only words he said were "I'll call you someday". I helped Brendon up and helped him to the far corner of the room. I went to get some ice and then went back to him. I sat next to him and put the cold ice on to his cheek.

"That's gonna leave a mark."
"Happens."
"But I guess it's nothing some make-up wouldn't cover up."
"Ok."

It was getting annoying that he was answering me in one word, but I guess I had it coming. I held the ice on his cheek and looked at him. At one point he looked up and our eyes meet. I had the sudden urge to kiss his full lips, but I didn't. Instead, I asked the stupidest question in the history of questions.

"Did you mean what you said?"
"About?"
"Brendon, don't play a fool."
"If you mean the love part, then yes. But I know that it wouldn't work."
"Why you think that it wouldn't work?"
"Hmm, last evening convo ring any bell?"

He stood up and walked away. I hate him, but then a second later I love him. Weird? Well life is.