‹ Prequel: Chicago City Lights
Sequel: Make It Back to Me

I'll Be Right Beside You

Feels Like Home

Evelyn woke up to someone gently shaking her awake. She groaned in her sleep, snuggling deeper into her pillow, but now, in her unconscious mind she realized her pillow wasn’t a pillow at all. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked up to see Jake Dowell smiling at her. She had both of her arms wrapped around his middle and her head was on his chest, a position she often woke up in when she was with Ben. Evelyn immediately sat up, blushing she was sure, as Jake, Jack, and Antti smiled at her.

“We have to be in the lobby to check out in forty minutes. We wanted to make sure you had enough time to get ready… Or something,” Jack said. Evelyn shook her head, “I just need to change, and maybe wash my face. A shower can wait until I get home.”

The boys nodded and went back to gathering their things, being interrupted by a knock on their door a few minutes later. From the bathroom, Evelyn heard it was room service. She laughed, knowing that if these boys skipped a meal, it might as well be the end of the world. She changed out of the tee shirt and shorts she was wearing, that had been graciously offered to her by Jake, before washing her face with borrowed face wash from Jack. She hadn’t brought any makeup with her except lip gloss, so Evelyn had no choice but to go natural.

She ran a brush through her hair and stepped back into the room, handing the clothes to Jake, “Thanks for everything, guys.” They smiled at her, each giving her a hug. She lingered a little longer with Antti, having felt like the two of them had really hit it off the past day. She grinned at him and grabbed his cell phone from his hand, programming her number into it, “Don’t hesitate to call.” He grinned too and hugged her again.

Knocking on Niklas’s door, he answered in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. Evelyn raised an eyebrow, staring down at his body that was displayed before her. She grinned, “Is Phoebe still here?” Niklas nodded and moved aside, letting Evelyn into the room. As soon as Phoebe saw Evelyn, she jumped up from the bed, where she had been sitting, eating some breakfast.

“Hey,” Phoebe said, hugging Evelyn. “Where did you stay last night?”

Evelyn laughed, “Me and Antti shacked up with Jake Dowell and Jack Skille.” Phoebe’s eyes went wide, “You didn’t have a bed of your own?” Evelyn shook her head, and Phoebe continued, “Ben is not going to appreciate that.” Evelyn shrugged, telling Phoebe he was already mad at her and that she should worry about it.

“Wait, why is he mad at you?”

“The Hawks flew in last night, and obviously, he’s home, and I’m not.”

“Lyn…” Phoebe sighed, looking guilty.

“No, Pheebs, Ben is being ridiculous. He’s in a mood because they lost badly, and he got into a fight. He needs to learn to calm himself down, because I can’t possibly always be there to do it.”

The amount of anger that seeped in her voice surprised even her. Both Phoebe and Niklas just raised their eyebrows, saying nothing. Evelyn let out a frustrated sigh and asked Phoebe if she was ready to leave. Phoebe nodded, turning toward Niklas. Evelyn excused herself, saying she was going to wait in the hall to give them a moment. Phoebe stepped out just a minute later, the smile that never seemed to leave still on her face.

“Did you have a good night?” Evelyn asked, as they walked to her car and got in. Phoebe hummed in response, “It was amazing, Lyn. He’s so perfect.”

“I am so happy for you, babe, seriously.”

“Me too, but what’s up with you and Ben fighting?”

Evelyn sighed, going into the story of how Ben was mad that she wasn’t going to be home when he got there, of how he was upset that she had hung out with the guys of the Icehogs instead of watching the game, and how she was spending the night with the guys, too. Phoebe again, looked guilty and Evelyn again assured her that it wasn’t her fault; Ben was overreacting. Evelyn had a life of her own, and it was one that didn’t constantly revolve around her boyfriend.

Phoebe nodded her head, “If you’re sure.”

“I am, Phoebe. I wanted to have a little girls’ getaway with you, and Ben is going to have to deal with that.”

The drive from Milwaukee to Chicago went way quicker than their drive going the opposite way. After she dropped Phoebe off at her apartment, Evelyn wondered if that was a lucky or an unlucky thing. Deciding it was probably good that she got home to talk to Ben, she quickly put her car into park and made her way to their apartment.

It was quiet when she entered, but she knew Ben was home because his coat was slung over the back of the couch. Evelyn slipped her heels off and left her own coat and her purse on the coat rack by the door. She walked into her and Ben’s bedroom, only to hear the shower running from their attached bathroom. Biting her lip, Evelyn walked into the bathroom, “Ben?”

“Hey.”

Evelyn closed the lid of the toilet and sat down, “I think we need to talk.” He sighed from behind the shower curtain, “Yeah, I suppose we do.” Evelyn bounced her legs, not knowing where to start or what to say at all, really. She had Ben hadn’t ever had a fight like this before. Sure, they disagreed, but Ben had never hung up on her in the middle of a conversation. She groaned and stood up, pulling the curtain of the shower open.

“Ben, I missed you,” She said, but still, he didn’t turn around to look at her. All she really needed was a glance, honestly.

She hadn’t seen him for two weeks, and all she wanted him to do was acknowledge her, look at her so she could know that he still loved her.

Biting her lip, she let out a strained, “please,” making him stop what he was doing. “Please, look at me, Ben.”

Turning to her, his blue eyes locked on her dark brown ones, and immediately Evelyn could relax. Even though they were fighting, Ben looked at her the same. It was the most comforting feeling in the world, knowing that he loved her. “I wanted to see you so bad,” He said, “Especially after last night… I needed to see you.”

She bit her lip again; maybe she had been the one in the wrong. It had been two weeks since they had seen each other. Thinking about it, it was kind of an asshole thing to do… Make her boyfriend wait another night to see her. “I’m sorry,” She mumbled, dropping her gaze from his eyes to her feet. Ben sighed, “I’m sorry, too. I overreacted because I was in a bad mood, but you have no idea how bad I needed you last night.”

“You have me now,” She smiled, looking up at him as Ben put his large (and soapy hands) on her waist. Her smirk was enough to make him lose control. He was already naked and in the shower. Now, he just needed her to join him. Grabbing the material of her shirt, he pulled it over her head. He connected his lips to hers for the first time in two weeks, and Evelyn felt her knees almost buckle from the feeling.

Bringing his hands to her back, he unclasped her bra and let it fall to the floor. He grabbed her breast in his hand, massaging it and making Evelyn emit a loud groan. He dropped his hands to the waistline of her jeans, undoing the button and zipper, letting the tight pants fall to the floor. In just her panties, Evelyn smiled up at Ben, “This is actually a good idea,” She whispered, as she removed her own panties and socks. “I didn’t shower last night.”

Ben put his hands under her arms and lifted her into the shower with him, making her squeal. Wrapping her legs around his waist, she let her head fall back at Ben’s lips wrapped around one of her nipples, his hands gripped onto her butt. “What did you and Phoebe do last night?” He asked, as he licked along the curve of her breast. “Sleep in the car?” Evelyn laughed, but it came out as a moan.

“She stayed in Niklas’s room, kicking Antti Niemi out and leaving the two of us to fend for ourselves.”

Ben stopped, looking up at her curiously. Evelyn wondered if she should even bring up the sleeping situation; it could either go really well, or it would backfire. She blew her hair out of her face (having not yet been under the water) and said, “I had to share a room with three boys last night, Ben.” She said, her voice low and seductive as she watched him narrow his eyes at the thought. “But, I only thought about you.”

The force of which he crashed his lips against hers would have made her fall if he had not been holding her up. She grinned into the kiss, knowing her admission had worked in her favor like she had hoped. Ben moved them so Evelyn’s back was against the wall of the shower, the shower head just above her, spraying water down her front. Ben let one of her legs fall from his grasp, her foot nowhere near touching the floor of the shower.

Holding onto her other leg, he plunged into her, making her scream out and wanting to grab onto something, but there was nothing but flat wall behind her and on her sides. Deciding to egg him on, she told him of how she had to share a bed with Jake Dowell and how they had woken up in a position that she and Ben always found themselves in. His eyes went dark as his grip on her tightened, letting out a low growl that sounded a lot like, “mine.”

Her eyes rolled back into her head as he increased the vigor at which he entered her, her back hitting the wall with every movement. Her body felt like it was on fire, and her limbs stiffened, telling her she was close. She bit down on Ben’s neck as she felt him release inside of her, his own body going rigid, but he did not stop his thrusts. Pressing his lips to hers, she kissed him full force as she rode out her orgasm, Ben not letting go of her.

Evelyn felt like she was going to pass out from the feeling, and she knew Ben felt the same. Setting her down on her feet, he watched in amusement as she immediately sat on the floor of the shower, trying to regain her breath. Ben sat down, too, and pulled her back against his chest, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

“I love you,” He told her. Telling him the same, she let her head fall back against his chest and her eyes closed. Even though she had been at their apartment for the two weeks Ben was gone, for the first time since he left, she felt at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I <3 Kita.
15 comments for chapter 9. (: (: (:

Comment, please!