Something That Makes Me Whole

Une

Orchid and Sarah grabbed up Sarah’s bags and headed for the corridor upon which their rooms were found. Unfortunately they weren’t sharing, but they were next to each other so in emergencies they were close. The corridors were packed with new students and students returning for their next year of college. “Room 6661, hahaha!” Orchid laughed as the two of them stopped outside it. “You get the evil room!”

“Like that bothers me?” Sarah retorted as she slid the key into the lock and pushed the door open.

It opened into a really big room, almost apartment like. Just beyond the door was another door to their left, in which they found the bathroom and on the right a closet. There was an open plan living room-kitchen with all the things you’d expect within, like a sofa, a TV, a fridge. There doors led to bedrooms either side of the room. Somebody had already dumped their stuff in one room, so Sarah took the other. The walls were just plain, with a few shelves and there was a double bed, a desk, a table with a computer and a wardrobe. It wasn’t big, but it wasn’t small.

“Not too bad huh?” Sarah asked as they dumped her stuff on the floor. “Wonder who my roomie is?”

“By the looks of the stuff it was a guy.” Orchid said, peering out of the window down towards one of the parking lots where there were loads of people doing the whole moving into accommodation thing; some had their parents. Orchid and Sarah had come alone without them.

“Oooo!” Sarah then squealed. “I hope he’s cute!”

Orchid turned back to her and shook her head with a smile, before they left to go and get her own things. Since they both had quite a few things they had driven in their own cars, following one another so they could arrive together. “6662, hahaha!” Sarah mimicked as Orchid opened her own door up onto a room/apartment very much similar and very much already lived in. “You get a sucky number!”

Suddenly behind her she heard a door open and upon inspection, someone was disappearing into her room so she dumped the stuff in Orchid’s doorway and went to investigate. “Sarah, what the hell?” She almost yelled.

“Guy. Next door.” Was all she got in return.

Orchid stared at where her friend had once stood before grabbing up a bag and turning round. Just as she did a naked guy walked through the room and they both yelled. She covered up her eyes and turned around. “Put some clothes on!” She said.

“May be you should knock!” He retorted.

“So I have to knock to get into my own room now?”

“Well…you should at least have announced you were here.” He grumbled.

“I didn’t know anybody was in did I?”

“‘cause I don’t have stuff in here do I?”

“You could have been out!”

“You can turn around now.” He huffed and she did so, to see him wearing a pair of ripped pants but nothing more covering his well muscled chest and arms, both of which were covered in tattoos. He had pale-ish skin, with long dark hair and beautiful deep brown eyes. He was definitely hot, but he was annoying so she frowned.

Orchid continued to take the rest of her stuff the rest of the way into the room, before turning to get the rest of it. As she did, Sarah came flouncing into the room, her black hair with blonde-almost white tips bouncing around her shoulders and she was followed by a tall guy with black hair and amazing green eyes; he also had arms covered in tattoos as well both sides of his bottom lip pierced and a bullring. Orchid flinched at the thought of having it done, but he was just Sarah’s type. “This is my roomie.” She said with a grin. “Zack Baker, but everyone calls him Zacky Vengeance. He plays the guitar for a band called Avenged Sevenfold and his birthday is in December and he has a dog and he comes from Huntington too-”

“Sarah?” Orchid interrupted. “Shut up, I’m sure the poor guys knows all about himself.”

“Sorry.” She mumbled turning red; she did that a lot when the guy in question was cute. “Anyway, how’s about your roomie?”

Orchid flicked her icy-blues to him and frowned, before kicking her boxes further into the room. “I don’t know.” She said standing and staring right him. “But he seems to think I should knock every time I want to come in my own room.”

“With good reason!” He retorted.

“What did you do, Syn?” Zacky laughed.

“He was walking round fucking naked, that’s what.” Orchid answered for him.

The pair of them laughed at themselves and Sarah found herself giggling. Orchid huffed and took her stuff to the room with the piece of paper that read ‘other dudes room’ in an untidy scrawl. When she came back out the ‘Syn’ guy had pulled a top on and was rooting in the fridge. The other two had gone. She scowled at the thought and wondered whether to go through next door and talk to Sarah.

Before she could disappear without him knowing he turned to look at her and smiled. “Sorry.”

For a few moments she wasn’t sure what he was talking about and she stood blinking at him but then it clicked and she mumbled that it was okay. “I’m Brian by the way.” He then said, walking over to her, a beer in hand.

“Orchid-Rose.” She said when he came closer and she could smell his cologne. It was a really nice expensive smelling one too which just annoyed her more.

“Is this your first year?” He then said slumping down along the sofa where he could still see this new girl. She was skinny and tall with short, heavily layered blonde, black and purple hair with bangs that fell over her right eye; her skin was the colour of cream and her eyes were icy-blue, rimmed with black eyeliner work. If she didn’t look so scene, she would definitely pass off as a model if she snuck into a catwalk.

“Yeah. My brother is in his last year.” She answered him.

“Sweet. What’s his name?”

“Cody Watson, he‘s studying law.”

Brian scanned the faces of the many people he knew, in his mind but none matched up to that name and he shook his head. Orchid didn’t make a motion to reply but just stood where she was staring around the room and clapping her hands in front of her. If he played his cards right he could probably get her in his bed. He had been wandering about the college not long after Zack arrived and had been adding girls to his ‘to fuck’ list all day and then she walked in and shot right to the top. He had visions of her staying there too when he compared her to some.

“So, what’s ‘Syn’ about then?” She finally asked from over by the window where she was studying people closely. It was hard considering they were on the second floor of the block and everyone outside…wasn’t.

“That’s what my friends call me.” He replied, twisting so he could see her. “Well, they call me Synyster Gates but Syn is easier.”

“My friends used to call me Twig because I was anorexic when I was younger.” She said conversationally. “Now they just call me Batgirl.”

“Batgirl?”

“I’m going through an obsession faze with Batman that kinda began at the beginning of 11th grade. It’s not as bad as the Power Rangers which I’ve been obsessed with since I was eight but they can’t really go round calling me Pink Ranger so I‘m just Batgirl. Which is better than Orchid-Rose, I can tell you.”

“You’re a childish person, then?” He asked sitting up and crossing to see what had trapped her attention; it was too preppy girls from his old high school having a major argument, and the pair of them let a giggle at the sight.

“Very much so.” She replied.

“You’ll get along with Jimmy then.” He replied, looking down the gap at her as she continued to giggle at the growing crowd watching the arguing girls outside.

Suddenly she upped and left the room so he followed her. Zack and Sarah were sat pretty close on the sofa and looked up when she entered the room. “Some preppy girls are fighting outside, I can’t believe you’re not watching!” Orchid exclaimed, grabbing her friends wrist and leading her to the window.

Just as they got to the window one of the girls slung a fist the other girls way and the guys were cheering. “I’m Zacky, by the way.” Zack said appearing on my other side.

“Orchid-Rose, but please, call me Batgirl.”

“Why?” He questioned, not really watching the fight anymore but watching the girl with the rainbow coloured hair.

“Long story short, I have a slight obsession with Batman. So my friends call me Batgirl.” She explained.

“Slight?” Sarah said, turning to look at them her eyebrows raised up somewhere near her hairline. “I hope you’re being sarcastic when you say ‘slight’.”

“Compared to Power Rangers it is slight.” Orchid replied poking her tongue out. “Anyways, I’m off to sort of my shizzle. Then I’m going to sleep ‘cause I’m tired and I need to be up early tomorrow.”

“Lessons don’t start till 9.” Both Brian and Zack informed her, where they were still watching this fight down below.

“I know, but do you think I wake up and my hair is perfect and that my make-up is tattooed to my face?” At that she disappeared from the room, leaving them three to themselves.