Something That Makes Me Whole

Quinze

Orchid POV

Okay, so I know I was looking forward to being in New York and God help me I was enjoying myself but by the end of March with only a few weeks of my stay left I was pining, and by the beginning of May I was steadily being pulled into the grasp of depression because I missed my friends and Brian. I missed his singing in the shower and the way he would stare solemnly up at the pair of shoes he glued to the ceiling.

At least Sarah was able to keep me up to date with everything like Carla who I'd spoken to on various occasions. She never spoke about Matt; Sarah always told me those parts. Apparently, they'd spent a lot of time together but according to both of them it wasn't likely they would rekindle what they once had. Both Zack and Brian told me this was absolute bullshit and that it would only be a matter of time before something happened.

But when it came to me telling them about New York and my modelling...oh how much I left out. I mean, I wasn't lying to them about it but there were things I didn't want people to know in case the media found out. Like the guy Felix and I have reason to believe has turned himself into my stalker. Yes, Brian told me to take care but how can I stop people from going all psycho stalkerish?

"Wakey wakey rise and shine!" I heard Felix coo into my ear and I rolled over, pulling the covers over my head and swatting him away. "What if I told you a certain black haired Californian guitarist was waiting for you on the couch in the sitting room?"

At that I shot up straight pushing the covers away from me. My heart was racing with excitement and my smile probably stretched from here to London. "Really? Brian's here?!"

"Oh my God Sarah said you liked him." Felix said quietly in a serious voice.

I blinked up at him where he was knelt on the side of my bed, watching me with a smile as my own faltered when I realised I'd just been had. "He's not here is he?" I asked, not hiding my disappointment. "I hate you Felix." I then said, pushing him off the bed, turning over and burying myself into the covers.

"Oh, oh Orchid, oh darling I'm sorry!" He tried apologising but I just pulled my duvet closer around me.

"Go away Felix!" I screamed into my pillows. I didn't need to be anywhere today because I had the day off and I planned on making the most of it. And I now had no intentions of sharing it with Felix after that. He knew how I felt about Brian and he knew just how much I missed him.

"Please Orchid I really am truly sorry!" He begged. "Come on honey, I need help to pick an outfit."

"You should have thought of that before you pulled a fast one on me!"

"It'll make you feel better?"

I sat up, my pillows flying away and I twisted to see him. "No, what will make me feel better is you cancelling everything that I've got left, ringing up the airport and getting me on a flight back to Brian, I mean Huntington!" At that I re-buried myself in my covers and closed my eyes.

Felix fell quiet and the tugging at my shoulder stopped. Then I felt the weight of the bed shift behind me, I'm guessing because he sat on it. "You really want this don't you?" He asked quietly as he stroked my hair that was now to my shoulders and back to my natural brown colour. "You really wanna see him."

"A thousand points to Felix." I mumbled wiping a tear from my face, but still not looking at him. It wasn't just Brian that was bugging me. It was my nineteenth birthday in two days and I wouldn't be spending it with family or my friends; okay Felix I would but one person is not enough and I don't talk to the other models because it saves me being drawn into the bitchiness.

Felix POV

I stayed with Orchid until her sobbing had stopped and her breathing was steady telling me she was asleep. I was starting to get worried about her because she was acting depressed and her eating was...well she just wasn't doing it. Not that the designers cared; they just kept on putting her in all these clothes, or lack thereof sometimes, and telling her that her miserable face and steadily returning hip bones looked fantastic.

To me she just looked ill.

I wandered from her bedroom in her penthouse near Central Park, to the huge living area and slumped onto one of the leather couches before pulling out my phone and dialling Sarah. After a few rings she picked up. "Hey Felix."

"Hey." I answered then I sighed. "How's life?"

"Life is awesome. Zacky took me to a gig last night at this local club. It was this new band called My Chemical Romance from New Jersey, they were amazing Felix! Seriously, they played this one song called 'Vampires Will Never Hurt You' and the crowd was absolutely electric. It was fucking mental Felix!" She gushed, obviously really happy with this new found band of hers. "How's life at your end?"

I groaned. "She's coming home Sarah." I simply said and the line went quiet.

"What?"

"Orchid, she's coming home. I don't care if she's got stuff to do, I'm cancelling it because she needs to come home."

"Why? Is she okay?"

"No."

"What's up with her?"

"She's depressed and she's stopped eating again."

I heard Sarah let out a heavy sigh. "She promised me she wouldn't!" She finally yelled down the phone.

"No Sarah she hasn't stopped eating because of that." I began to explain. "She's really depressed, so she's not eating and all because she..." I sighed "babe, she's in fucking love with Brian. Say's it all I think."

"He sure does miss her too." Sarah then said almost thoughtfully.

"Look, it's her birthday in two days so I'm getting her home to you guys 'cause she needs you all. But don't tell Brian or Orchid, I wanna surprise them."

"Cool, but like Brian's moving into his own place this week."

"Okay, Imma try and get her into a hotel till she gets her own place anyway."

"Rightyo, I better go. I'll let the guys know what's going down and look after her please?" Sarah then asked. "She's really fragile, you know that."