Something That Makes Me Whole

Seize

Felix POV

By the time Orchid woke the following day I had cancelled everything and got her on a flight home. And, since she's such a deep sleeper, I got her stuff packed as well as my own. Sarah was going to meet us at the airport and I arranged for her car to be brought to Huntington meaning she'd have to go without for a few days but I figured being back in Brian's presence would be enough for her.

When she woke up, expecting she needed to be out the door for a photo shoot I told her just to get dressed casually. So she came back in a pair of ripped jeans, exposing a patch of tanned skin on her left thigh and her right knee, with a Danger Mouse skinny tee over which she was pulling on her dark blue zip up hooded sweater. Her brown hair was brushed into a pony tail except for her bangs which continued to hang in her face, but she was lacking in the usual amount of eyeliner she tended to wear.

By this time, I was sitting in the window and had just seen the taxi arrive. I pulled from my pocket a black silk neck tie which I folded and then tied over her eyes so she couldn't see. Then I put a pair of earphones of her head, the music loud enough for me to faintly hear. What? I said it was a surprise and I wasn't taking any chances.

I buzzed the driver up to the apartment and he came up, then helped take the bags downstairs and out to the waiting cab. I then guided Orchid downstairs and helped her into the cab. I sat in the back with her and one of her bodyguards sat in the shotgun seat. As it was pulling away from the sidewalk, I saw a few houses down a familiar guy with a withdrawn, almost psychotic look about him; he seemed to be wherever Orchid was and I only hoped that he would stay here in New York now she was going home.

Sarah POV

I watched unamused as Matt and Zacky argued over a damn parking space, with Carla and Jimmy to my right and Johnny to my left. I glanced at my watch and scowled some more before storming over to them and grabbing up Zack's hand and dragging him towards the entrance doors to the airport. "You are so fucking childish." I hissed at him as he took a proper hold my hand.

I glanced behind me and saw Jimmy and Johnny walking behind, their difference in height being something to laugh at, and behind them Carla doing exactly the same with Matt as I had with Zack. "Sarah, I saw that space first!" He retorted.

"It's just a damn parking space you pillock!" I snapped back at him. "It's not important. What is important is our friend who we haven't seen since before Christmas being inside that airport but oh no, you and Matt just have to stand and yell at each other idiotically, don't you?"

Zacky sighed and pulled me back towards him so I wasn't dragging his sorry ass anymore. "I'm sorry, okay?" Dammit! He was making those puppy dog eyes I couldn't resist. After a few moments I let out a sigh and nodded. He smiled at me gently and met me with an even softer kiss that made my lips tingle. "Now, are you going to tell me what's eating you?"

I frowned again and began walking, finding that the other four had passed us. I felt him nudge me in the side and I looked up at the two brilliant green orbs gazing back down at me. "Well?"

I looked down at my Converses and sighed. "You'll see when we see Orchid." I mumbled, looking back up as we stopped with the guys, right where Felix would be able to see us without fail.

Zack simply nodded and pulled me in for a hug. After a few minutes of watching the arrivals from the New York flight filing out I saw a big guy walk through followed by a weedy guy, leading a tall blindfolded person. Then they stopped, Felix waving and grinning when he saw us, but I was too busy studying Orchid to notice.

Long story short, she looked anorexic again.

"Oh." Zack simply said in my ear, obviously having cottoned on to what I meant, and I just nodded, watching as Felix removed some headphones and then the blindfold. At first she looked she might start yelling and going to at Felix, but then she stopped and we locked eyes.

"SARAH!!" She yelled, before running over and jumping into a hug with me.

I could hear her whimpering and I couldn't help but cry myself. The part of me that had gone missing when she went away had suddenly come back. "I missed you!" I smiled at her.

"I missed you too!" She smiled, wiping away tears from her icy blue eyes that were circled with dark bags someone like her shouldn't have. "I missed all of you guys."

At that they all moved in for hugs with her, nobody mentioning the fact she was just skin and bones - again. I knew they'd all noticed it because the looks that crossed their faces when they saw her. Felix met my look and pulled me aside as Carla and Orchid were properly introduced to each other. "See what I mean?" Felix said quietly and we studied her as she hugged Carla to death - Orchid likes hugs, that's all there is to say. She was side on to us making her right hip bone all that more noticeable to us.

"Yeah. It's been tearing me up since you told me yesterday." I mumbled in reply, wishing we didn't have to have this conversation. "I've been stressing about it ever since I went to bed last night."

"I can already guarantee that this is the least depressed she has looked in two months, though so fingers crossed." Felix said, straining a smile as Zacky moved over to me, taking my hand protectively in his.

"We'll make her better, Baby, don't worry." He said with a re-assuring smile that he sent to Felix as well. We both needed it because we'd been here before with Orchid and it took a long time for her to pull through the first time.

On my other side I felt someone link their arm through mine, separating me and Felix. Looking, I found our skinny friend smiling away like the Cheshire Cat. "And where does Brian happen to be?" She was trying to sound like she didn't care; it wasn't working.

"Moving into his new house." Zack said from my other side, probably dreaming of the party Brian intended on having tomorrow which, when I eventually would tell him, would turn into a birthday party for Orchid. If her body was up to it that is. I noticed her face fall in disappointment.

"He doesn't actually know you're coming home, just like you didn't know." I explained. "Buuut, Amber has a recital at school tonight so if you went you'd get to see both of them."

Orchid couldn't have made it anymore obvious that she would do that with the smile she pulled as we stepped outside into the sunshine and made our way to the cars. "Oh my God!" Orchid giggled happily, spinning around in one spot and looking up at the sky. "Sunshine! I've missed you so much!"

We all just laughed at her and she caught up with us.

"Welcome home Orchid." I smiled at her.