Something That Makes Me Whole

Dix-Sept

Orchid POV

Felix rolled my temporary hire car to a stop outside the elementary school where other cars were pulling up or pulling away, or parking in the lot. Kids were running round, parents were getting in and out of cars, standing round talking, heading into the building with it's ivy-clad front.

I could already see Brian with whom I figured to be his parents and siblings. He was dressed in smart black pants and a black dress shirt with the top buttons undone and the sleeves rolled to his elbows. It was so smart, yet so casual and laid back. Oh how fast my heart was racing at the mere sight of him. "This is what you've been waiting for isn't it?" I heard Felix ask.

"Ya-huh." I simply said, since I just couldn't rip my eyes away from Brian.

"Well have a good time." Now I looked at Felix before opening the door and stepping out. I straightened up and gave myself the once over in the reflection of the glass. I was wearing my brand new Giorgio Armani outfit which was a black and white silk top with a bias neckline, black shorts embroidered with sequins, black satin trim and side bows, and of course a black jacket over the top. I'd curled parts of my hair so that in places I had gentle curls that bobbed around my shoulders and my make-up was grey smoky colours to set off my icy-blue eyes.

When I was satisfied that Felix had assured me enough times that I looked okay, I gave him a small wave and closed the car door, being careful not to fuck up my fresh manicure.

Turning, I pulled my handbag up my arm so it hung off my shoulder, flicked my hair back from my eyes a little, and made my way over to Brian and his family, the 3 inch stacked heels of my new $450 black Christian Dior peep toe pumps, clicking on the concrete. I saw people looking at me but I didn't care; women looked because they looked at my expensive outfits (one of the perks of the modelling industry is that you get loads of free stuff so you always look good) but on this occasion my long exposed legs were drawing much attention from the male gaze too.

I stopped behind Brian and put a finger to my lips, indicating to his family not to say anything. Then, with a grin on my face, I put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who." I whispered in his ear. Or rather that's how it should have gone, that was how I planned it in my head.

What actually happened was that when I got to twenty feet away, his brother looked and pointed at me, causing Brian to turn to see what he was pointing at. The moment our eyes met he grinned at me so I grinned back, quickening my pace, wanting to be next to him faster than my body was allowing me. The moment I was close enough, he took a step towards me and wrapped me up in his strong arms, drawing me to him until I was pressed against his body, my arms around his neck and my feet no longer on the floor.

Then he set me down and cupped my face in his hands, forcing my hair back from my face. His smile hadn't once faltered from the moment he turned. "God how much I've missed you!" I said in almost a giggly voice, hysteria trying to get the better of me.

"I missed you too!" He said, letting go of my face and pulling me in for another hug, but this time leaving my feet on the ground, so that my head rested on his chest. "And I love your hair, when did you dye it?"

I leaned back, smiling up at his beautiful face. "I didn't." He raised an eyebrow slightly. "This is my natural hair colour."

"Well I love it, it suits you." He re-stated. I felt his arms drop lower towards my waist before retracting and he took a delicate hold of my right hand, his fingers slipping through mine and holding me close in a protective way like a boyfriend would. It shocked me for a moment, but then he flashed me a smile and I relaxed. "Anyway," he then said turning to face his family who were pretending not to watch us "this is my dad, the guys call him Papa Gates."

"Hello." I smiled, pushing my bangs back from my eyes once again, and he smiled in reply. My God, Brian looked like his father.

"My mom," Brian then went on pointing to a dark haired woman with laughter lines and creases at the corners of her eyes "this my little sister McKenna, and my brother Brent."

McKenna gave me a toothy grin and Brent, was trying not to stare at my legs which I found highly amusing. Their mother clipped him around the ear and he swatted her away. "Don't be rude." She frowned at him.

Brent finally looked up at my face, his cheeks red which was nothing new since I got a lot of this from the younger...fans, shall I say. I heard Brian chuckle from beside me as his brother gave a small wave which I returned with a soft smile. Brent then frowned. "If you hadn't gone away Amber wouldn't have had to come live with us. Then I wouldn't be sleep deprived. But oh no you had to prance off and model didn't you?"

This took me back a little a Brian simply just hit him on his upper arm. "What have I told you about respecting women?" He almost growled. Their mom was shaking her head and gave me an apologetic look so I just smiled back.

"Boys stop it." She hissed pulling them apart. Brent made a face up at Brian who simply took hold of my hand again.

"Anyway, everyone this is Orchid." The way Brian said this made me feel like he was introducing the love of his life or something. Not that I really cared.

"Amber's been very insistent of having any magazine with your face on." Brian's mom said and I broke out in a smile.

"Aww, how sweet!" I cooed.

"Mmm," Brian said, said amused yet annoyed "it's not sweet, however, when I woke up to my four year old daughter yelling about a picture of you she's found and then having it waved in my face till I get up and look at it."

"Yeah and didn't she make you kiss-"

Brian stepped up and hit Brent again, much harder this time as well I think because I saw the corners of Brent's eyes glistening. Not that it stopped me from guessing what the rest of the sentence was and I snickered. Brian looked at me and I chewed my bottom lip to stop myself from letting it out. "Don't you think we should go in now?" I suggested.

Everyone agreed and we made our way inside. People were still looking at me, but also at Brian as we walked through the halls my shoes clicking even more as we made our way to the assembly hall where the play was taking place. Brian led me, glancing every now and then across at me as if he was having to make sure I was actually there.

Once we were in the seats I hung my jacket over the back and crossed my legs, turning slightly to my left so I was facing Brian a bit better. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?" He then asked, his eyes not once leaving my face.

"I didn't even know until I got here." I explained, fluffing my hair a little and letting it fall over my right shoulder. He looked confused. "When I got up Felix told me to get dressed so I did then he blindfolded me and put earphones on my head and by the time he took them off I was in California."

Brian gave small pout, probably at not being told, which I thought was cute so I leaned over and gave his cheek a kiss. At that he took my hand where it rested on the arm rest between us. Just then the lights dimmed, indicating they were about to start.