Something That Makes Me Whole

Vingt-Cinq

I stirred, raising my head wearily from where it was lying on Brian's bare chest, my arm draped across him and his left arm around my shoulders holding me close. His chest was gently rising and falling as he breathed, the movement along with the beat of his heart almost soothing.

Suddenly there was a loud 'thud', wrenching me from my half-asleep state. I blinked and rubbed the sleep from my eyes as Brian was awoken by the noise too. "What was that?" He mumbled as he too, rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Iunno." I mumbled in reply as I wearily peeled myself away from him, pushing the cover off me and swinging my legs round till my feet touched the cold laminate flooring. Then I stood up and stretched before pushing my messy hair from my face, and securing it with a bobble.

When I was done, and Brian had gotten himself up we dragged ourselves out of the room downstairs to see what was going on. "What the fuck was that thud?" Brian yawned as we stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked across the hall into the living room.

They all looked around at us and I noticed a big red mark on Zack's head. He looked decidedly spaced, leading me to believe he had created the noise that woke Brian and I up. "He went to sleep on the cupboard last night and fell off this morning." Matt explained and the guys all laughed, before Carla, Sarah and I shot them all a look.

That explains where he was when I couldn't find him earlier when I woke. "Then where's Johnny?" I asked moving over to them so I could see Zack's head a bit better. "He has school today."

"Not even we know the answer to that." Sarah said, biting her lip. "But Zack needs to go to hospital I'm worried about him, he's gone all spaced."

"I noticed." I said before wandering into the kitchen to find some more ice or something to put on the poor guys head.

Whilst I was rooting in the cupboards for something to put it in or a tea towel Brian came through and began making coffee. "Am I comfy?" He grinned at me.

"I don't really remember I fell asleep quickly." I replied teasingly; of course he was comfy, he was really comfy. "Did you put me to bed?" I then asked, as I pulled open the door to the closet where towels and sheets and stuff were kept, but stopped short when I looked back inside.

I had to hold back a laugh that so desperately wanted to leave my lips. "What's up with you?" Brian asked.

I turned to look him, stepping away so he could see what I could see. Instantly he went on a hunt for a camera before coming back and taking a few pictures. "Guys!" I then yelled when Brian was done. "I've found Johnny!"

A minute later they wandered in as the midget himself woke up, realised he was in a cupboard and grinned up at us sheepishly. "Morning." He greeted looking quite pleased with himself.

"Why are you in the closet?" Jimmy asked from behind us all as Johnny continued to sit where he was.

"Erm, I'm not too sure." He answered, scratching his head. "But it was damn comfy. I bag this closet for the next time we stay over at Brian's."

"You are not sleeping in the closet." Brian laughed as we stepped back so Johnny could get out.

He stretched, doing a funny walk like his legs hadn't quite caught up with the rest of his body when it woke. Then he stopped and let out a 'woah' at Zacky's head. At that I told Sarah to hang on a few minutes whilst I went and got changed before comign down to find my car keys so I could take her and Zack to the hospital.

"Brian," I said stopping in the living room door way and he looked up at me from over the back of the sofa, the same way he had the day I first met him "have you seen my car keys?"

He sat up properly and came over to me, I then followed him back into the kitchen. I don't know why he didn't just tell me as he plucked them out of a cereal box. Then he dropped them into my hand and closed my fingers around them as I simply stared in confusion at the box. "I don't know either, but I saw them in there when I was getting something whilst you were getting dressed." He explained to me.

"Thanks." I smiled. "What did you have planned for today?"

He shrugged. "I'm sure I'll find something."

"When I get back from taking Zack to the hospital we're going to decorate Amber's room." I announced, smiling at him innocently.

"Oh we are, are we?" He replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You have a daughter who turns five in July, Brian, that room is like a room in a mental hospital. White walls drive people insane, believe me I've been there." I explained. "I'll ring you when I'm on my way home, I'm mean back." I corrected myself quickly but he heard it and smirked at me.

I bit my lip and walked to the front door opening it for Sarah and pressing the remote key. The lights of the car flashed as there was a 'click' sound signalling the unlocking the doors. Zack got in the back seat with Sarah beside him, looking far too spaced for comfort. Then again, it was a nasty fall off the cupboard and onto wooden flooring.

"I'll see you later." Brian said holding the door open as I hopped on one foot, trying to put my Vans on. "Be careful."

"Like anything's gonna happen with Zack there even if he is concussed." I retorted, finally having got my shoes on.

"Orchid-" Brian frowned but I cut him off.

"Okay okay, I swear. I'll stay with them two the whole time." I said, staring up into his deep brown eyes.

"Good." His face softened, then he leaned down and planted a kiss on my cheek. "Now go before he gets any worse."

I stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek back before going down to my car and climbing into the drivers seat.