Something That Makes Me Whole

Vingt-Huit

Sarah POV

I looked up as Matt and Carla sank down beside each other on the other side of the living room to me and Zack, who was having a lengthy discussion with Johnny about something. I think it was about him falling asleep in the closet. Zack wasn't exactly talking to me because I had kept to the doctors advice and not let him have any alcohol. I knew it wouldn't last, he'd want something eventually.

"Guess who we just caught sucking face." Matt grinned and we all looked at him.

"They weren't sucking face." Carla, frowned yet grinned, hitting him softly in the stomach.

"Well they didn't exactly seem eager to come up for fucking air!" He laughed in reply.

"I take it this is Brian and Orchid you're talking about?" I smiled, happy in the knowledge my two friends were happy again. Carla nodded in reply with a smile of her own.

"Well it could have been us." Zack then said, taking my right hand in his and squeezing it where it rested on the sofa seat between us.

I looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Firstly we haven't just been kissing and secondly why would we considering you're not talking to me because I won't let you drink?"

Zacky threw his arms around my shoulders pulling my close in a chokehold. "Aww, no!" He almost yelled. "I love you Sarah! I know you were only trying to make me better! And I love you!"

I laughed, prizing his arms from around my neck. "Shut up fool." I said, and he happily presented me with a kiss. We sat around talking for ages, wondering if the other two had any intention of turning up or whether we should just go to the bar without them.

Finally we heard a door close and a familiar laugh well two. "Brian!" She whined. "Brian, give me my leg back! I can't walk-"

Then she hopped into view, Brian appearing behind her holding her right foot in his hand and laughing at her. "You shouldn't have kicked me then, should you?"

Brian finally let go of her foot as she tugged and almost fell over the back of the sofa onto Johnny. Causing everyone to laugh. She just straightened up, snatched her shoe from Brian's hand and hit it with him before replacing it to her foot. Then she climbed over the back of the sofa and sank into a seat on the far end. "I didn't kick you, you gay." She smirked.

"Oh no your foot just had a spasm didn't it and happened to make your foot connect with my leg?" Brian laughed, sitting down on top of her.

"Get off me!" She then said hitting his back.

"No." He replied and continued to sit there as Matt handed him a beer. From underneath him I saw her roll her eyes and I smiled.

"Bitch." She mumbled grinning playfully across at me.

"I love you too, Baby." Brian simply said then gulped down some of the brown liquid. Orchid resigned herself to wrapping her arms about his waist. I laughed at the pair of them; they were so made for each other. Then I watched Brian as his eyes settled on Zack. He then glanced at the other three, the lot of them grinning manically. "How's the beer Zack?"

"Yeah Zack." Orchid then grinned.

"You can hardly talk, you're not allowed to drink either." He retorted, sticking his tongue out and hugging me tighter. I wrapped my arm around him, laughing all the same.

"Yeah but does Orchid really look bothered by it?" I asked him, and his green eyes looked up at me. Then he sat up properly so he was sitting higher then me. I retracted my arm as he slipped his arm about me.

"I think you should shut-up Sarah."

"Aww, what a lovely sign of affection!" Orchid cooed. Zack groped for a cushion and then lobbed it at her, but it hit Brian instead and she laughed. Brian said nothing, but he'd get him back later at some point. Then he stood and indicated for Orchid to move. She did so and he took her seat then gently took her waist (that looked tiny when he placed his hands on it) and pulled her onto his lap.

Brian sat back into the sofa and she leaned against him, turning sideways so she could see everyone better I'm guessing, with his arms firmly clamped around her. "You two look so cute together." Carla mused with a smile.

"Who says we're together?" Brian retorted.

"Erm well apart from the obvious being that she's sat on you," Johnny piped up "Matt did tell us he caught you sucking face."

"Kissing." Both Carla and I corrected.

"Yes but neither of us have asked the magic question that would make us together." Orchid said, sinking even more into Brian's lap and he slipped the fingers of his right hand through her own right hand.

We all looked up at them, Johnny with the most obvious, eager face and they stared back dumbly. "What?" Brian finally said.

"That was your cue to actually go ahead and ask." He explained.

"Why?"

"Because you can't get married and have kids till you're officially together, so damn well ask." Johnny said, glaring a little; damn, he was obsessed with this.

"Who says we're gonna get married and have kids?" Orchid then asked, poking out her tongue at him.

"Like it's not obvious." He said with a 'well duh' tone to his voice.

"Johnny, leave them alone." I then said digging the toe of my Converse into his back where he was sat on the floor near to me.

"No, not until Brian's asked." He said defiantly, crossing his arms and glaring at the pair of them who were laughing somewhat hysterically at this display from our young friend. Admittedly it was funny so I found myself laughing and then everybody else was laughing too. Except for Johnny who seemed to be growing more and more frustrated. "God dammit Brian just ask!" He finally yelled.

"Woah, calm down Johnny, okay?" Orchid then said looking a little scared. "No more sugar for you."

"It's not the sugar, god dammit." He hissed through gritted teeth and I couldn't help but choke on my drink as I laughed.

"Okay, okay!" Brian frowned, holding up his hands. "Orchid will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Brian." She replied.

"Good, good." He smiled, giving her a kiss. "But we knew that anyway."

Johnny let go of his anger and smiled now, before climbing to his feet and pulling on his hoody. "Now that's all cleared up we can go to the bar."

At that we all stood up and I rushed ahead to pull Orchid away from Brian and out of the apartment so I could talk to her in private. The first thing she did was throw her arms around me in a hug, jumping up and down in happy excitement. I remember being like that after my first date with Zacky.

That reminded me of something I then had to add to my 'to do' list:

Threaten Brian with castration if he ever hurts Orchid in any way, shape or form.