Something That Makes Me Whole

Trente-Deux

Of course I left it till last minute to pack. I always do, so when Brian's mom came round and I was trying to pack and apologise at the same time. "Mrs Haner-"

"Orchid, call me Suzy, I've told you already." She corrected me.

"Suzy, I'm so sorry about leaving Amber with you at such short notice but it was short notice for me too and-"

"Orchid it doesn't matter honestly." She said lifting a hand up as Brian came back into the room and shoved something in his own bag. He seemed highly amused with my state of panic, but then again he was a guy so he didn't have to worry about whether he had particular items with him like make-up. He'd just nick mine. Granted, I was gonna spend most of the time having my make-up done for me, but that's not the point.

"Yeah but what if you had plans and stuff-"

Brian suddenly grabbed me by the shoulders and kissed me. "Shut up." He smiled, releasing me. "Stop stressing, mom say's it's fine so it's fine."

"Bu-"

"But nothing."

I chewed my lip nervously as Suzy giggled at me along with Brian. I really hadn't ever been this nervous about going away before and I don't know why. I sighed and slowed down a little, letting Brian help. I'll tell you how he helped, he chose my underwear. Mm, typical male huh?

Then he took the bags downstairs to the hall ready for when we left that night. I decided to go see Carla and Sarah, see if they or any of the guys for that matter, had recovered from the party. Brian tagged along and I knew he had torture in mind by the grin on his face when I stopped the car outside.

We didn't bother to knock, but went straight into the mess strewn house. I laughed at the mess, glad for a positive reason to go to New York: it meant I didn't have to help clean it. Picking my way carefully into the kitchen, thankful of the fact I decided to put on Chucks instead of heels, I saw Sarah and Carla both sitting at the kitchen table with the guys.

They looked far better than their other halves and Jimmy just...he didn't look well. For a moment, having not seen Johnny, thought that maybe we had lost him again but then he came in bouncing behind us. Dammit, that kid never gets hangovers like normal people.

"Fall off any cupboards today Zack?" I smiled, hopping up onto the counter. Brian stood in front of me with his back to me, so I threaded my arms through his, pressing my hands over his chest and rested my head on his shoulder.

Zack looked up at us, the least hung over out of the guys sat at the table. He smiled proudly and I took that as a no. "What about the rest of you?"

"We found Johnny spooning in the bath with Jimmy." Sarah and Carla now piped up from where they were drinking coffee or whatever else there was available. That cracked us up and Jimmy threw a dishcloth at the pair of them, grumbling under his breath. Johnny sat himself in his lap and went to hug him but Jimmy just pushed him off.

Johnny landed on his ass on the floor with a 'thud'. Still grinning at himself. "Aww, poor Johnny." I cooed as he climbed to his feet and patted Jimmy's head.

"Yeah anyway, what about you two?" He said distracting the conversation away from him to us.

I looked at Brian's cheek, grinning and he grinned himself. "I can't really say, there are young people."

"That of course, after Felix turned up and told me I have to go meet a British designer in New York, tomorrow. And that Brian is going with. We leave tonight."

"Really?" Sarah questioned, rubbing sleep from her eyes. "A bit short notice isn't it?"

"Sarah, please don't." Brian said, shaking his head slightly and making his soft hair brush against my face. "It took me ages to calm her down."

Sarah let out a laugh and I gave her the one finger salute in return. She just stuck her tongue out at me and went upstairs to shower. I hopped off the counter, deciding to be nice and start helping to clear up the house. I sent Matt and Jimmy back to bed with some asprin and made Brian help me.

He insisted that he shouldn't have to since it was his surprise party but I still made him. I love having underwear of persuasion, I can get him to do whatever I want. In the end we spent the whole day cleaning the house until I got a call from Felix asking where the hell we were.

"Oh shit, okay, see you in five." I said before shoving the stuff in my hands down and going into the kitchen to grab both my boyfriend and car keys, yelling a quick goodbye and an 'I'll call you when we get there' to everyone. I slammed the door shut and climbed into my car, starting it up quickly and driving back to ours.

I ran passed Felix into the house to change into the outfit I had out on the bed, Brian coming in behind me. I saw in the mirror, his eyes surveying my ass as I pulled on a new pair of jeans and shoved the white belt through the belt loops. Then I pulled on yet another pair Jimmy Choo's with my outfit before yanking the top off and changing into the other one.

"Okay I'm done." I said, grabbing up my handbag then heading down the stairs and Felix smiled at me, then raised an eyebrow.

I looked down at my outfit and realised the buckle on the belt was my pink girly skull one. Oh well, never mind. At least it wasn't a gun or anything like that. Felix just shook his head as I stepped outside into the sun, shoving my sunglasses over my eyes.

"After all this time I thought you might have learnt a bit of time management." Felix grinned as we climbed into the car.

Brian snorted from where he was sitting in the seat to my left and I tried to hold a retort. "Okay, I'm sorry Baby." He apologised and I shook my head with a smile as the car began to move and the scenery passed faster and faster around us, driving us to the LA International Airport.